• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The left eating itself: Justice Democrats imploding

Blahface

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
This video pretty much gives the explanation.

The summary is that Cenk Uygur, co-founder of the Justice Democrats, was forced into resignation for sexist comments he made 18 years ago when he was a completely different person.

Anyone who watches TYT knows that does not represent Cenk now. It is just completely ridiculous that he was forced to resign and will do nothing but hurt their cause. It sends a message to the Mike Cernovichs of the world that "if you find the slightest amount of dirt on one of us, we'll throw them under a bus."

I think the problem with these movements is that the ones who dedicate themselves to the causes are going to be the most extreme puritan. The core issue was supposed to be about getting money out of politics and not to be the PC police.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, if anything Cenk coming from a position of having changed his political views and beliefs should be consider an asset, not a liability.

(This video)[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kczCNvJYlxk] pretty much gives the explanation.

The summary is that Cenk Uygur, co-founder of the Justice Democrats, was forced into resignation for sexist comments he made 18 years ago when he was a completely different person.

Anyone who watches TYT knows that does not represent Cenk now. It is just completely ridiculous that he was forced to resign and will do nothing but hurt their cause. It sends a message to the Mike Cernovichs of the world that "if you find the slightest amount of dirt on one of us, we'll throw them under a bus."

I think the problem with these movements is that the ones who dedicate themselves to the causes are going to be the most extreme puritan. The core issue was supposed to be about getting money out of politics and not to be the PC police.

I think a smarter message should be, "There must be zero tolerance on this type of behaviour, but that doesn't necessarily equate to maximum punishment every time".

Wishful thinking I know; it's far too nuanced an idea to survive in to current climate.

This guy is not the left. He is a talkshow host. Everything he says is watered down for quick easy consumption.

He has no great ideas about anything.

He spews milktoast opinion after opinion and not much more.

The left in the US first of all has serious moral problems with capitalism.

The left has no representation in either major Party.

I'm torn on this one. I have no love for Cenk. He's a hack and always has been. But also happens to be pushing for getting money out of politics, which is a core issue of mine. I think it is the height of stupidity for somebody to resign because of something they said a decade ago, or something they did that has no affect on the job they are doing now. That goes for everyone from Bill Clinton to Donald Trump. Cenk is with the regressives who push for such rot, and it is poetic seeing him get eaten by it, but again... money out of politics is more important.

Wow...that was some pretty crass, sexist stuff he wrote there. Are we sure that was actually all from Cenk and its not being mixed up with a Donald Trump blog? :)

Well, Anna was shown to be a serious hypocrit with her fat shaming of Alex "Fat Fuck" Jones. Now Cenk. I can see why Dave Rubin left that cesspool known as The Young Turks.

I'm torn on this one. I have no love for Cenk. He's a hack and always has been. But also happens to be pushing for getting money out of politics, which is a core issue of mine. I think it is the height of stupidity for somebody to resign because of something they said a decade ago, or something they did that has no affect on the job they are doing now. That goes for everyone from Bill Clinton to Donald Trump. Cenk is with the regressives who push for such rot, and it is poetic seeing him get eaten by it, but again... money out of politics is more important.

Yea, it's an interesting question as to how far back we should go to judge someone. 20 years ago I was very conservative, bible thumping know-it-all!

Wow...that was some pretty crass, sexist stuff he wrote there. Are we sure that was actually all from Cenk and its not being mixed up with a Donald Trump blog? :)

Well, Anna was shown to be a serious hypocrit with her fat shaming of Alex "Fat Fuck" Jones. Now Cenk. I can see why Dave Rubin left that cesspool known as The Young Turks.

Ana did that in the heat of the moment. She later said that it was wrong of her to say that not long after.

I don't like Cenk too much. But men are "designed" to wanting a lot of sex. I really don't see why he should be punished for writing about it. But I have not watched the whole video, was he a rapist?

Ana did that in the heat of the moment. She later said that it was wrong of her to say that not long after.

The fact that she even had that capability to say that within her disturbed me, especially since she has ranted about fat shaming pretty regularly on TYT. It would be like someone who ranted constantly about how horrible it is to be racist to African Americans, then, in front of a bunch of people, calls an irritating black person, a nigger. Why didn't she just call Alex an asshole? Why is "fat fuck" the first thing to come out of her mouth? Some weird psychological shit going on in her head, I think.

I'm reading on comments in youtube that this was revealed by The Gateway Pundit. Holy hell, these children are morons.

Bad play JD. People are willing to tolerate Cenk's past transgressions. What they won't tolerate is seeing "A people's champion" taken down by the apperatus he helped build. They'll interpret this as business as usual. Kyle made a bad decision to step down as well and it makes me think less of him as a person. Kyle's actions were motivated by his own pride and ego than any rational pragmatic decision making and he even admitted as much.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that she even had that capability to say that within her disturbed me, especially since she has ranted about fat shaming pretty regularly on TYT. It would be like someone who ranted constantly about how horrible it is to be racist to African Americans, then, in front of a bunch of people, calls an irritating black person, a nigger. Why didn't she just call Alex an asshole? Why is "fat fuck" the first thing to come out of her mouth? Some weird psychological shit going on in her head, I think.

Internet Psych 101: People despise what they see in others that they see in themselves.

Fighting the demons in others is a way to fight your own without actually confronting them. Surround yourself in enough of other people's problems and you no longer have to acknowledge your own.

Im beginning to think this movement is a Trump operation to dismantle the left. These attacks on popular democrats have the same smell as when republican candidates were taken out during the repub primary.

Im beginning to think this movement is a Trump operation to dismantle the left. These attacks on popular democrats have the same smell as when republican candidates were taken out during the repub primary.

Or maybe the Terror always ends up eating the radicals that birthed it. N'est-ce pas, Robespierre?

Not knowing who this guy is and not willing to watch the video would normally keep me from commenting, but the left is indeed eating its own with things that happened long ago while on the right it seems that nothing that Trump does seems to shake his core support. It is almost as if they voted for him to provide us with entertainment and as long as he shakes things up in Washington they are okay with it.

Democrats are scarifying their own people, because in their agenda is the hope to have majority in 2018. After obtaining the majority they will impeach president Trump with sexual advances charges.

If Democrats don't obtain the majority in congress 2018, they have been killing politically their own for nothing.

They are taking the risk, because they still can't sleep at nights after losing the presidential elections in 2016.

Lets see if after elections next year they will finally sleep at night without taking pills or, if they will continue with crazy insomnia for several years more.

Democrats are scarifying their own people, because in their agenda is the hope to have majority in 2018. After obtaining the majority they will impeach president Trump with sexual advances charges.

If Democrats don't obtain the majority in congress 2018, they have been killing politically their own for nothing.

They are taking the risk, because they still can't sleep at nights after losing the presidential elections in 2016.

Lets see if after elections next year they will finally sleep at night without taking pills or, if they will continue with crazy insomnia for several years more.

The Democrats may swing the Congress but it won't make a difference to Trump and to his supporters. Trump told his supporters that they are suffering because of their enemies and if elected he will fight those enemies, the minorities who are stealing jobs, the liberal media who lies about everything, the deep state, entrenched democrats in the government who fight against everything that Trump wants to do, the judiciary who also fight Trump, the establishment Republicans like Mitch O'connell, etc. The fake news scandals are just the signs that he is fighting for them.

If the Democrats take control of Congress nothing about the above will change.

The Democrat Party is over confident again. They have done nothing to change the political landscape other than to continue to whine and rely on Trump destroying himself.

When Obama won his first election everybody was stunned that the Republicans wouldn't look within and change, so he cruised to another win. They still didn't change. Donald Trump the total outsider beat them all because of it. Now the Democrats refuse to change. It amazes me how blind these political parties are to their own failings.

The Democrat Party is over confident again. They have done nothing to change the political landscape other than to continue to whine and rely on Trump destroying himself.

When Obama won his first election everybody was stunned that the Republicans wouldn't look within and change, so he cruised to another win. They still didn't change. Donald Trump the total outsider beat them all because of it. Now the Democrats refuse to change. It amazes me how blind these political parties are to their own failings.

They're old people. Change is HARD! It is yet to be proven that "trump sucks" isn't a viable party platform for the Dems, so they'll stick with it until it bites them. I would hope that they were able to craft a better catchphrase than that (Return American Values - "RAV" or something), but their creative juices seem stifled by reactive enthusiasm.

Back
Top Bottom