• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The OpenAI conspiracy argument for a possible simulation

One of you two isn't passing the Turing test, and it's not the machine. Maybe it's the machine's turn to wondering whether you are hardcoded to ask the same stupid question that had already been answered in slightly different words, possibly enough understanding to incorporate what had already been said?
Well actually in post #15 and #16 I changed my mind - which has happened in most other controversial beliefs I had. In my current controversial beliefs (probable simulation and intelligent force) I believe it is impossible for me to prove. But in this thread I believed that what I mentioned in the OP could be demonstrated and proven.

Melvin Vopson (author of Reality Reloaded: The Scientific Case for a Simulated Universe) published a paper recently
The title is
"The second law of infodynamics and its implications for the simulated universe hypothesis."​

It will take me some time to read the article carefully, and even then I probably will not understand it properly. So I post here hoping an expert will clarify this for us!

Melvin Vopson (author of Reality Reloaded: The Scientific Case for a Simulated Universe) published a paper recently
The title is
"The second law of infodynamics and its implications for the simulated universe hypothesis."​

It will take me some time to read the article carefully, and even then I probably will not understand it properly. So I post here hoping an expert will clarify this for us!
I think the reason is partly to limit how CPU intensive and expensive the simulation is. A similar reason for a limit to the speed of light and why there doesn't seem to be any other intelligent life in the universe.

Back
Top Bottom