• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

This isn’t 1890. There are organizations that will find homes for high energy breeds that shitty owners don’t train properly.
The problem is that the dog was bitey.
So was the fear aggressive abused street dog we adopted. The only dog I have ever had to euthanize for aggression was a severely abused “bait” dog from a dog fighting ring that got busted. That dog was miserable and dangerous.

That is a huge difference from an adolescent hunting dog that pissed you off while it joyfully killed chickens. Here is a hint for anyone that wants a Wire Haired Pointer. Don’t turn it loose around domestic birds unless you’ve taken the time and effort to train it.

I have a mutt from a shelter. He is a mix of bulldog, catahoula leopard dog, and blue heeler. There is a lot of herding and prey drive. It took work to get him into good citizen territory where he is now welcome in nursing homes.

If that adolescent hunting dog was bitey it was Noem’s fucking fault.

My coworker had a Wire Haired Pointer named Sig. It killed a neighbors chickens. Earl did not kill Sig. Earl kept him away from Chickens. Same with our greyhound. We taught him to be nice to cats but all other prey were on the table and it was our responsibility to keep him from killing things he wasn’t supposed to kill.

Back
Top Bottom