• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Real Reason the Rich Flock to Davos

From this article: "Davos has become the dressing room of the West and is more divorced than ever from the rest. It no longer represents the real concerns of most of the world’s population. Its obsession with climate change, social justice, gender and other forms of wokeness has made it a laughing stock and target of disdain for most of the world."

Honestly, I don't see how you guys can say with a straight face how social justice and other forms of wokeness aren't liberal and left ideology. You might agree or dissagree with social justice and wokeness, I see no problem with that. But to just try to claim this isn't left ideology has been and is very disingenuous IMO.
Do you realize how laughable it is to link a Russian gov’t propaganda site while using right wing buzzwords like “ social justice” and “ wokeness”?

Or to argue that concerns over climate change and social justice are inherently “left ideology”?
But in this case we know the Russian propoganda is true and accurate....
You confuse your belief in something to be true with knowledge of its truth. I don't know that it is true.

Moreover, your response does not address "wokeness" or "left ideology" because from what I can tell, the "left" is definitely anti-globalization.

Finally, why I get why people like use labels such"wokeness" or "social justice" or "progressive" or "conservative" to dismiss ideas without thinking about them, but I have yet to find anyone who does not have some notion about "social justice" (i.e. what they think is fair or right for society). Certainly there are particular proposals or ideas that are "woke" or "conservative" that are worthy of discussion without a handwaved dismissal.

Honestly, I don't see how you guys can say with a straight face how social justice and other forms of wokeness aren't liberal and left ideology. You might agree or dissagree with social justice and wokeness, I see no problem with that. But to just try to claim this isn't left ideology has been and is very disingenuous IMO.
I disagree with your belief that because Davos exists I am solely responsible for it. You haven't made any argument, just a whole bunch of tar brushing.

Back
Top Bottom