• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Real Reason the Rich Flock to Davos

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Short video by Thom Hartmann here:

Whom basically makes the case that the morbidly rich think they are entitled to run the world because God (according to Calvinism) has ordained these people to lead all of us because he has chosen them to be rich in the first place.

Whether or not Thom Hartmann is right or not is beside the point IMO. But what I am wondering is why Davos is generally celebrated by the lefties when people like Rand Paul and/or other conservatives try to throw the Davos elites under the bus? This makes no sense to me at all other than to just be exactly opposite of whatever the other party wants. Seems like there are plenty of people on both sides talking bad about the world forum but it is generally the lefties who support them and call the other side "conspiracy theorists".

Last edited by a moderator:
Short video by Thom Hartman here:

Whom basically makes the case that the morbidly rich think they are entitled to run the world because God (according to Calvinism) has ordained these people to lead all of us because he has chosen them to be rich in the first place.

Whether or not Thom Hartman is right or not is beside the point IMO. But what I am wondering is why Davos is generally celebrated by the lefties when people like Paul Rand and/or other conservatives try to throw the Davos elites under the bus? This makes no sense to me at all other than to just be exactly opposite of whatever the other party wants. Seems like there are plenty of people on both sides talking bad about the world forum but it is generally the lefties who support them and call the other side "conspiracy theorists".

What is the real reason why the rich flock yo Davos?

What "lefties" are you going on about?
They will be the ones who will mindlessly support Bill Gates and will drag through the mud (especially far right Alex Jones) for not worshipping the Davos World Forum.

In a better world you would expect both sides would be in perfect agreement not being controlled by such elite people. Because its both an economic and political cause. Just makes no sense to me at all. Far right moderately rich people don't want other super rich telling them how to live their lives. So all the more reason far left poor should not want them dictating how to live their lives either.

Last edited:
Goin' to need to do a lot more than fix Paul's name to help with that post.

They will be the ones who will mindlessly support Bill Gates and will throw anyone under the bus (especially far right Alex Jones) for not worshipping the Davos World Forum.
I don't want anyone to throw Alex Jones under the bus. I want him to be broadsided by a bus.
In a better world you would think both sides would be in perfect agreement not being controlled by such elite people. Because its both an economic and political cause. Just makes no sense to me at all.
What isn't make much sense at all is your posts in this thread. You are making vaguely vague accusations about vague targets and mindless supporters of Bill Gates. Who are those again? And then you try and toss in a both-sides thing... when we aren't even sure what you are accusing people of.

What is the real reason why the rich flock yo Davos?
As I said in the OP they believe they are entittled with God's bestowment.
I don't think it's that. It's a place to see and be seen. Kinda like the pointless and useless climate conferences. If you're invited, you're one of the cool people. But it's not a government agency. It has no power. And it's become a target of mockery. Soros apparenlty decided not to go, along with some other folks. (No UK PM.) If this trend continues, it'll end up the winter camp for dweebs. (No offense to any dweebs here.)

What isn't make much sense at all is your posts in this thread. You are making vaguely vague accusations about vague targets and mindless supporters of Bill Gates. Who are those again? And then you try and toss in a both-sides thing... when we aren't even sure what you are accusing people of.
Who supported world wide vacinations? There wasn"t anything vague about the compete flogging the left gave to the right over the vacination issue. And it would be liberals (like yourself) who would be first to claim it was a conspiracy theory if the right even talked about Bill Gates promoting vacinations for profit.

Who supported world wide vacinations? There wasn"t anything vague about the compete flogging the left gave to the right over the vacination issue.
That happened because vacinations became politicized. Remember, at the start of Covid it was the right warning of an epidemic while the left was inviting everyone to Chy-na town. When the positions reversed (don't know quite how that transpired), the left used it has a cudgal against its political enemies. Didn't need Davos for that.

People who didn't want hospitals to be overrun with sick patients supported vaccination against a novel virus. The ones that didn't were either sociopaths, psychopaths, dumb, or part of a group of people where actual medical experimentation took place historically.

People who didn't want hospitals to be overrun with sick patients supported vaccination against a novel virus. The ones that didn't were either sociopaths, psychopaths, dumb, or part of a group of people where actual medical experimentation took place historically.
Ya see, RVonse? Cudgal. But while Jimmy may be famous in these parts, he's not cool enough for a Davos invite.

They will be the ones who will mindlessly support Bill Gates and will drag through the mud (especially far right Alex Jones) for not worshipping the Davos World Forum.

In a better world you would expect both sides would be in perfect agreement not being controlled by such elite people. Because its both an economic and political cause. Just makes no sense to me at all. Far right moderately rich people don't want other super rich telling them how to live their lives. So all the more reason far left poor should not want them dictating how to live their lives either.
Alex Jones is a nasty grifter - a sentiment shared by decent people of all views.

How does one mindlessly supports Bill Gates and how does that make them a “lefty”? I ask because I didn’t know Bill Gates was a “lefty”?

Who supported world wide vacinations? There wasn"t anything vague about the compete flogging the left gave to the right over the vacination issue.
That happened because vacinations became politicized. Remember, at the start of Covid it was the right warning of an epidemic while the left was inviting everyone to Chy-na town. When the positions reversed (don't know quite how that transpired), the left used it has a cudgal against its political enemies. Didn't need Davos for that.
WTF?

That happened because vacinations became politicized. Remember, at the start of Covid it was the right warning of an epidemic while the left was inviting everyone to Chy-na town.

My prediction is that by April we will be laughing going, "Remember how everyone panicked over the coronavirus because the media started fear mongering?"

The flu reinvented itself after 100 years and now everyone's in a panic because of the media. When I was younger, if you didn't have chicken pox, your parents would invent a friend over who had it so you could get it and be done with it. This isolation nonsense is frustrating. I wish I could tell everyone, "Stop getting your info from the media! They are designed to fear monger!"

THink about it logically. They are telling bars, restaurants, schools to close. Sports have been cancelled. But places like 711, convenience stores and supermarkets? Still open no problem. Why is this? Either it's a problem or it's not. i suppose they are sending a message that, "you can get the virus at a bar or a restaurant but you can't get it form convenience stores or supermarkets!"

Fox News Hosts Accuse Democrats and Journalists of "Weaponizing" Coronavirus to Attack Trump

Good job warning everyone, right wingers. (y)

Remember, at the start of Covid it was the right warning of an epidemic while the left was inviting everyone to Chy-na town.

No, I don't remember that.

What I remember is "the right", led by Donald Trump, claiming "It's no worse than a cold. We'll have the country open by Easter!"

Then a bunch of crap like shutting down Covid testing centers, and touting off brand drugs such as Ivermectrin. And claiming that masks and hand sanitizer were un-American infringement on our God given rights.

That's what I remember coming from the "right".
Tom

Back
Top Bottom