• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The rock and roll road map.

just_me

I am here!
Basic Beliefs
Understanding
Blow this up and see what you think about who was the most influential rock band

imgsrc.ru_38823506ywB.jpg

FULL DISCLOSURE. WHAT I POST HERE I WILL ALSO BE POSTING IN SC

Wait, thought The Who inspired Led Zepplin, not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zappa's in a weird place. Besides classical, he came out of blues and doowop.

Strange too to see the folkies come out of country. Might be better to have a "roots" category giving birth to blues, country, gospel and folk. "I'm so glad" by Skip James, would that be blues, folk or country? And gospel doesn't appear any where.

I'm glad Stevie Ray Vaughn isn't around to learn that he came out of Clapton/Led Zeppelin. Ouch!

And Clapton getting all the credit for Cream is just wrong. Baker was the founder.

There used to be a site which mapped out the connections between all sorts of bands ... can't remember what it was called, but I think you could put in a band name and search for what was related. It was pretty interesting.

There used to be a site which mapped out the connections between all sorts of bands ... can't remember what it was called, but I think you could put in a band name and search for what was related. It was pretty interesting.

This piqued my interest, is this the web site you are referring to?

https://www.music-map.com/

No, it was somewhat similar to the OP poster in that there were lines linking the bands in terms of influence/similarity. If I find it, I'll be sure to post a link here.

Back
Top Bottom