• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Sessions Dead Pool

If/When will Sessions be forced out?

• Sessions will resign (or be fired) within a week, March 8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flynn and Sessions are own goals, if, as I suspect, there was no explicit collusion over the hacking. They're too sensitive about the allegation, and in the end are exposing their reflexive instincts for corruption by way of the cover up.

He had full confidence in Flynn too. Though, I can see them holding out as long as possible this time because he couldn't stand another loss.

I agree. That's why I voted for a month.

Ya, I was the same. It's very bad optics for a President who has such great hiring skills (honestly, his ability to pick out the best people for a job is just superb) to have two major cabinet members resign almost immediately, so they're going to try to find a way to not have Sessions resign.

However, if we work off of the assumption that Sessions is guilty (a safe assumption) and that he's such an entitled elitist that he didn't ever feel the need to cover up his guilt so that it's easy to find (another safe assumption), then the evidence against him is going to keep piling up and keep derailing Trump's plans to reset the narrative of his Presidency away from it being a pathetic joke of incompetence and corruption, so eventually it will turn out that Sessions met Mike Pence in the hall one day and talked to him about this, so he'll be fired for having lied to the Vice President.

Since when is talking to your boss' boss a firing offense?

Lying to him is a firing offense. Remember how everybody knew about Flynn's lies for a month and nobody cared, but as soon as Flynn lied to the VP, he was out on his ass.

Jeff Sessions to hold press conference at 4 PM today. Recusal? Resignation? Some other word that begins with 'R'?

If the Twitter leakers have any knowledge, this is the time to leak. Of course, the Trump Admin is likely holding their cards very tightly to the chest. RoguePotusStaff just posted "Time for a recusal". Not certain if that is a prediction or blanket statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Lying to him is a firing offense. Remember how everybody knew about Flynn's lies for a month and nobody cared, but as soon as Flynn lied to the VP, he was out on his ass.
Flynn wasn't fired for lying to the VP. No one has ever been fired for lying to the VP. Flynn was fired for "lying to the VP".

Recusal. Oddly enough, he said asking whether he should recuse himself started last week. So they are saying they were always going to do so.

??? Looks like they are trying to pretend no blood is dripping.

So who is in charge of the investigation?

Recusal. Oddly enough, he said asking whether he should recuse himself started last week. So they are saying they were always going to do so.

Yep, Recuse...good tactics on the 'in the works', if it holds. Maybe Dr. Carson can lead the investigation...

Wait a second. The investigation is supposed to be into the Russians involvement in the campaign, not whether Trump was involved with the Russians. In recusing himself, because he was in the Trump campaign, isn't that confirming the potential of the Trump Campaign being involved with the Russians?

Yep, Recuse...good tactics on the 'in the works', if it holds. Maybe Dr. Carson can lead the investigation...
What I don't understand is that the DoJ is supposed to be able to resist the President, but in this Press Conference, Sessions said he has to recuse himself because he was part of the campaign.

Sessions said he has to recuse himself because he was part of the campaign.

Is that the reason he gave? If so, the dominos are starting to fall and my guess of a month until he's out was wildly optimistic.

Now, as Attorney General, is he going to open an investigation into that guy who lied to the Senate during his confirmation hearing?

Right after he reveals that the pyramids are ancient spaceships.

I thought Sessions would have fought recusal for a while longer.

Well, he's a busy man. Resumes don't write themselves, after all, and he'd been Attorney General of the United States for, like, a month longer than most of the other candidates he'd be up against so he needs to get that work experience noted in there.

Right after he reveals that the pyramids are ancient spaceships.
No...no...no, it's grain silo's. Don't you know anything? I think it was Dr. Scott (of: We've got to get out of this trap! Before this... decadence... saps our wills.) about those spaceships....

Another effeminate cabinet wuss. ..

I don't believe for an instant he will recuse himself. He will continue to disrupt.

Never mind: I thought NiceSquirrel's post meant that he hadn't heard he'd recused, rather than didn't believe it was sincere.

For myself, I think I'm going to make it policy to bet on the outcome I least like to see. Then if the worst happens, at least I win my bet.

How I wish I had done that with Trump in the election.

So, I was curious as to when people think Sessions will resign (or be fired), or if he will be forced out at all.

I'm going for by fool's day...I figure The Con administration won't recognize the damage for a couple weeks to their other goals...

I voted 6 months, but think it will take longer than 6 months--because they don't appear to have tapes, as they did with Flynn, so he can always claim the 2 conversations were perfectly innocuous. However, if evidence emerges soon establishing there were considerably more than 2 contacts, it could come sooner.

You misunderstand. I'm calling the Russian spook his boss' boss.

And Flynn wasn't tossed for lying to the VP, he was the sacrifice to stop the problem.

Well, 40% of us (me included) were certainly wrong about Sessions having to resign shortly. In fact 2 days after I started this thread, Don the Con launched into his Obama 'wiretapping' Tweet storm. Sometimes I have to wonder, if that started in part to deflect from the storm surrounding Session. After all, nobody is talking about a need for Sessions to resign anymore. Though it may not have been worth it, as now it seems to be embroiled into the bigger Russian connection. This kind of reminds me of "Larry-Boy! and the Fib from Outer Space!" with a beastly Fib which has grown beyond control. Only time will tell...

Well, 40% of us (me included) were certainly wrong about Sessions having to resign shortly. In fact 2 days after I started this thread, Don the Con launched into his Obama 'wiretapping' Tweet storm. Sometimes I have to wonder, if that started in part to deflect from the storm surrounding Session. After all, nobody is talking about a need for Sessions to resign anymore. Though it may not have been worth it, as now it seems to be embroiled into the bigger Russian connection. This kind of reminds me of "Larry-Boy! and the Fib from Outer Space!" with a beastly Fib which has grown beyond control. Only time will tell...
They played it well. "I was planning to recuse myself anyway" sucked the air out of the whole thing.

Air may be getting blown back into this issue. Another non-disclosed meeting may have taken place. The investigation is looking into a speech Trump gave in April of 2016 and is seeing if Sessions met with the ambassador / spy at that event.

This would be a bit worrisome because at this point, Trump has no shot in hell at winning the election, so why is the spy and Sen. Sessions meeting at all?

The Justice Department had an interesting take on this:
article said:
"The Department of Justice appointed special counsel to assume responsibility for this matter," Department of Justice spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said in a statement to CNN. "We will allow him to do his job. It is unfortunate that anonymous sources whose credibility will never face public scrutiny are continuously trying to hinder that process by peddling false stories to the mainstream media. The facts haven't changed; the then-Senator did not have any private or side conversations with any Russian officials at the Mayflower Hotel."
I find the use of the word "facts" here interesting. No one had claimed a meeting did not take place at the Mayflower Hotel. Sessions only said he didn't meet with the spy/ambassador during the campaign... but then magically remembered a couple meetings once someone else brought them up.
article said:
Russia was already trying to help Trump before the Mayflower Hotel speech, according to a US intelligence community assessment released in January. The report concluded that by March 2016, Kremlin-backed news outlets began supporting Trump and Russian military intelligence had kicked off its election-related cyber operations.
And as people will remember, March and April was when Trump was Russianing up his campaign staff and rhetoric. The coincidences are simply too numerous.

Back
Top Bottom