• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Sessions Dead Pool

If/When will Sessions be forced out?

• Sessions will resign (or be fired) within a week, March 8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funinspace

Don't Panic
Basic Beliefs
functional atheist; theoretical agnostic
So, I was curious as to when people think Sessions will resign (or be fired), or if he will be forced out at all.

I'm going for by fool's day...I figure The Con administration won't recognize the damage for a couple weeks to their other goals...

I think he's going to go within 6 months and it may or may not be related to Russia or new information on RussiaGate. Until then, they're now saying he'll recuse himself of the RussiaGate investigation.

I think the Attorney General will seek to spend more time with his family within the month.

I went with never. If everyone in this administration had to bail because of close ties with the Kremlin, we'd have to start at the top.

My vote is that he'd never resign or be fired. Indicted? maybe.

The Whitehouse position is to stonewall any and all russia questions. If he falls it will be a domino thing. Nor would he be encouraged or permitted to resign. Unless he himself cracks under pressure (which I don't know the man well enough to judge) he won't resign.

I went with never. If everyone in this administration had to bail because of close ties with the Kremlin, we'd have to start at the top.
He perjured himself. Talking to the Russian Ambassador at the Republican National Convention... in the role as member of the Senate Armed Services Committee? Oh bullshit on that!

LOL...that would work for me. Though I think the bailing will have to be for lying under oath to a Congressional committee, not for the sex...

I say within the month, because they want their base to first forget about the previous resignation. So, I did the math.... 1 goldfish has 3 seconds of memory.. There are 864,000 Trump supporters remaining. 3 seconds * 864,000 goldfish = approximately 30 days.

My vote is that he'd never resign or be fired. Indicted? maybe.
Being the AG, you'd need a special prosecutor to do that.

The Whitehouse position is to stonewall any and all russia questions. If he falls it will be a domino thing. Nor would he be encouraged or permitted to resign. Unless he himself cracks under pressure (which I don't know the man well enough to judge) he won't resign.
It could go either way. He could recuse himself, but then "Why does he need to recuse himself if he did nothing wrong?" If he does nothing, that creates the appearance of a conflict of interest, which typically is status quo for the Trump Admin, but way too much fodder for the Democrats to use.

But back on stonewalling, to lose the NSA and AG this early in an administration due to the same problem (Russian contact) would imply significant trouble for the Trump Admin. Might as go skinny dipping in the ocean saturated with sharks after dumping 300 gallons of blood into the water. So stonewalling may be crucial because otherwise the Press will just put a full court press on. Almost everyone seems to know what is happening, it is a matter of breaking the story.

I say within the month, because they want their base to first forget about the previous resignation. So, I did the math.... 1 goldfish has 3 seconds of memory.. There are 864,000 Trump supporters remaining. 3 seconds * 864,000 goldfish = approximately 30 days.
That math would probably work in a DeVos private school... ;)

Spicey and the Cruz have just jumped in to defend him.

Is this positive for him?

The death chant begins :D

President Trump told reporters on Thursday he has 'total' confidence in Attorney General Jeff Sessions...shhh Jeff no need to see what my right hand is holding behind my back...just go back to work. Trust Me!

President Trump told reporters on Thursday he has 'total' confidence in Attorney General Jeff Sessions...shhh Jeff no need to see what my right hand is holding behind my back...just go back to work. Trust Me!

Poor Trump. Can someone send a Russian hooker over to the White House to pee on him? The guy needs a break.

He had full confidence in Flynn too. Though, I can see them holding out as long as possible this time because he couldn't stand another loss.

Oh goodness, not the "total confidence" kiss of death. We know things are at the end when Kellyanne Conway starts shilling AG Session's merchandise.

He had full confidence in Flynn too. Though, I can see them holding out as long as possible this time because he couldn't stand another loss.
The Trump boat is surrounded by sharks and pushing Sessions in to try and get the sharks to go away certainly will not help in his cause. That Trump has rung the "total confidence" bell, it looks like he is ready to push.

Back
Top Bottom