• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The University Of Austin

Having a stated focus on the positives (i.e. what the university will be) instead of complaining about higher ed would be a good start. Having credible and reputable researchers in their fields instead of professional whiners would be another.
No, you haven't answered my question. I did not ask 'how would you start a university?'.

I asked how you would 'start a university and get it through its formative stages, without using the intended name of the university?' (emphasis added)
I did answer your question since the formative stage is the start. Duh.
You did not.

You said:

Having a stated focus on the positives (i.e. what the university will be) instead of complaining about higher ed would be a good start.

and

Having credible and reputable researchers in their fields instead of professional whiners would be another

How do you do those things without a name for your institution? Do you suggest 'Holding Company for Intended University of Austin'?
Even the most fucking obtuse should be able to get the notion that one could first state the focus and the list of reputable instructors and then come up with the name.

I'd like to self-identify as the Prime Minister of Australia. Because, some day, I might be. I don't know how else to identify myself, in this formative stage. "Holding individual for intended Prime Minister of Australia" is fairly clunky. I think I'll stick with "Prime Minister of Australia." Because, you know. Some day. Maybe.

Even the most fucking obtuse should be able to get the notion that one could first state the focus and the list of reputable instructors and then come up with the name.
So, how do you manage that list of positives (which they already did, by the way) without referring to the institution it is meant to apply to? How do you advertise for credible and reputed researchers without stating where you intend to employ them?

I'd like to self-identify as the Prime Minister of Australia. Because, some day, I might be. I don't know how else to identify myself, in this formative stage. "Holding individual for intended Prime Minister of Australia" is fairly clunky. I think I'll stick with "Prime Minister of Australia." Because, you know. Some day. Maybe.
So, how would you form a university without picking a name, and not having a name until -- what, exactly? The day you confer your first accredited degree?

it's called bullshitting... for some reason it might be kkkangaroo kkkorruption.

So, how do you manage that list of positives (which they already did, by the way) without referring to the institution it is meant to apply to? How do you advertise for credible and reputed researchers without stating where you intend to employ them?
Your response makes me admit my previous observation was in error.

There really was no list of positives. And one can have a starter list of researchers without advertising. Now, do you have any more evidence of obtuseness you wish to submit?

@Patooka: at what stage would it be okay for the institution in question to call itself the University of Austin, and what placeholder name do you suggest in the meantime? So that nobody is bamboozled by these obvious charlatans.

There really was no list of positives.

Yes, there was.
Prove it.
And one can have a starter list of researchers without advertising. Now, do you have any more evidence of obtuseness you wish to submit?
Yes. How do you wish to start a university without naming it? You know, the question I asked.

The absolute state of this board.
I did ask for more evidence of your obtuseness, so thanks for obliging. I already answered your question with a possibility. For some reason, I understand that it is possible to start a project with necessarily first naming it.

Yes, there was.
Prove it.

It's in the OP. Bari Weis lists them.

And one can have a starter list of researchers without advertising. Now, do you have any more evidence of obtuseness you wish to submit?
Yes. How do you wish to start a university without naming it? You know, the question I asked.

I did ask for more evidence of your obtuseness, so thanks for obliging. I already answered your question with a possibility. For some reason, I understand that it is possible to start a project with necessarily first naming it.
Actually it is not possible. Any large, complex, administrative project that requires written and verbal discussion among people needs to be named, even if its a placeholder name until the final name is settled.

the postive = "the fearless search for truth"
heck that's gonna take a lot of money ,not bad for a bunch of dropouts.

Yes, there was.
Prove it.

It's in the OP. Bari Weis lists them.
All I see in the OP is the "We are sick of complaining..." which is not a positive. So still waiting for actual evidence other than a handwave.

Actually it is not possible. Any large, complex, administrative project that requires written and verbal discussion among people needs to be named, even if its a placeholder name until the final name is settled.
You are shifting your stupid goal posts. A formative stage does not necessarily require a name first. Moreover, you have now added the assumptions of a large complex administrative project, when we have no clue what they envision. And, of course, it was possible for them to have more detail worked out before their proclamation. For example, they could have said they already have raised $_______ for this project, and already have _________ lined up as possible instructors.

You are shifting your stupid goal posts. A formative stage does not necessarily require a name first. Moreover, you have now added the assumptions of a large complex administrative project, when we have no clue what they envision. And, of course, it was possible for them to have more detail worked out before their proclamation. For example, they could have said they already have raised $_______ for this project, and already have _________ lined up as possible instructors.
They envision a university, which is a large, complex, administrative project. I really feel you should know this, since you work at one. Do you know how I know they envision a university? Because everyone has their knickers in a twist over the use of the word 'university'.

Also, the OP lists the positives they aspire to. If you cannot read, I cannot help you.

They envision a university, which is a large, complex, administrative project. I really feel you should know this, since you work at one. Do you know how I know they envision a university? Because everyone has their knickers in a twist over the use of the word 'university'.
A university need not be large nor complex, especially at a formative stage. I am fairly confident you have no clue what they envision for a university. The source of my confidence is your straw man - my knickers are not in a twist over their use of the word "university", hence your claim is, as usual, rhetorical bullshit.
Also, the OP lists the positives they aspire to. If you cannot read, I cannot help you.
Two chances to provide evidence and you have failed. Even allowing for the vacuous "the fearless search of truth" as a positive, there are not others.

A university need not be large nor complex, especially at a formative stage.
If you say so.

I am fairly confident you have no clue what they envision for a university.
Their vision is in the OP, which apparently you refuse to read.

The source of my confidence is your straw man - my knickers are not in a twist over their use of the word "university", hence your claim is, as usual, rhetorical bullshit.
I'm glad to hear it. laughing dog does not object to The University of Austin calling itself that, even before they establish a program offering degrees. He merely wanted to chastise me for imagining you couldn't form a university without naming it.

Two chances to provide evidence and you have failed. Even allowing for the vacuous "the fearless search of truth" as a positive, there are not others.
Ah, so you did read the OP! Then clearly you can see the positives that they aspire to. Heather E Heying, one of the deceptive co-conspirators, also lists quite a number.

Also, amusing: decrying the positive as 'vacuous'. Good lord, have you seen the mottos of universities? Fiat lux? Under God's Power She Flourishes? From here light and sacred draughts?

ahh.. come on.... homeschooling for adults... who'da thunk of dat?

Ah, so you did read the OP! Then clearly you can see the positives that they aspire to. Heather E Heying, one of the deceptive co-conspirators, also lists quite a number.

Also, amusing: decrying the positive as 'vacuous'. Good lord, have you seen the mottos of universities? Fiat lux? Under God's Power She Flourishes? From here light and sacred draughts?
Three chances and still no evidence but lots of nonsense.

BTW, I am surprised you are ignorant of Prager U.

Back
Top Bottom