• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The University Of Austin

Two chances to provide evidence and you have failed. Even allowing for the vacuous "the fearless search of truth" as a positive, there are not others.
Ah, so you did read the OP! Then clearly you can see the positives that they aspire to. Heather E Heying, one of the deceptive co-conspirators, also lists quite a number.

Also, amusing: decrying the positive as 'vacuous'. Good lord, have you seen the mottos of universities? Fiat lux? Under God's Power She Flourishes? From here light and sacred draughts?
Three chances and still no evidence but lots of nonsense.

BTW, I am surprised you are ignorant of Prager U.
Three chances to show you can't read. The OP lists some, including the one you dismissed as 'vacuous', and multiple ideals from Heather Heying.

I've heard 'Prager U' referenced but I've never looked it up. I would say it is misleading to call itself a university when it has not, and does not intend to, offer classes to students. But this isn't about Prager U.

Gender ideologists believe that transwomen are women without having taken any medical or social steps at all.

But, the two situations are not nearly alike. Men cannot become women, because mammals cannot change sex. However, new Universities can be formed. It's been done many times before.
There are three layers of gender identity:
  • Chromosomal
  • Somatic
  • Psychological
The three identities usually match, but there are sometimes mismatches, and trans people have somatic-psychological mismatch.

Gender ideologists believe that transwomen are women without having taken any medical or social steps at all.

But, the two situations are not nearly alike. Men cannot become women, because mammals cannot change sex. However, new Universities can be formed. It's been done many times before.
There are three layers of gender identity:
  • Chromosomal
  • Somatic
  • Psychological
The three identities usually match, but there are sometimes mismatches, and trans people have somatic-psychological mismatch.
I haven't heard of a 'three layer' theory before, but gender identity is psychological. So is sexual orientation. My body is not homosexual, my brain is.

@Patooka: at what stage would it be okay for the institution in question to call itself the University of Austin, and what placeholder name do you suggest in the meantime? So that nobody is bamboozled by these obvious charlatans.
Institute or Foundation works pretty well. Calling oneself a university implies a legitimacy one has not earned. And if they genuinely want legitimacy, they should submit their courses to review for independent accreditation.

But in all honesty, I'm not too bent out of shape if they want to call themselves a university. I'm not inflexible when it comes down to word definitions.

Two chances to provide evidence and you have failed. Even allowing for the vacuous "the fearless search of truth" as a positive, there are not others.
Ah, so you did read the OP! Then clearly you can see the positives that they aspire to. Heather E Heying, one of the deceptive co-conspirators, also lists quite a number.

Also, amusing: decrying the positive as 'vacuous'. Good lord, have you seen the mottos of universities? Fiat lux? Under God's Power She Flourishes? From here light and sacred draughts?
Three chances and still no evidence but lots of nonsense.

BTW, I am surprised you are ignorant of Prager U.
Three chances to show you can't read. The OP lists some, including the one you dismissed as 'vacuous', and multiple ideals from Heather Heying.

Still waiting for you to present it. Telling someone go find it is not presenting it.
I've heard 'Prager U' referenced but I've never looked it up. I would say it is misleading to call itself a university when it has not, and does not intend to, offer classes to students. But this isn't about Prager U.
Prager U does have classes but no degrees. It us not a large complex administrative structure.

@Patooka: at what stage would it be okay for the institution in question to call itself the University of Austin, and what placeholder name do you suggest in the meantime? So that nobody is bamboozled by these obvious charlatans.
Institute or Foundation works pretty well. Calling oneself a university implies a legitimacy one has not earned. And if they genuinely want legitimacy, they should submit their courses to review for independent accreditation.
They intend to do so and have developed a timeline.

fake obtuseness... what an admission.
hahaha

I'll believe it when I see it. And considering who the founders are, I'm justified in my skepticism. I can't help but think this university is going to astroturfed like nothing else.

com' on... it's twitter, half them fools need a "university".

I'll believe it when I see it. And considering who the founders are, I'm justified in my skepticism. I can't help but think this university is going to astroturfed like nothing else.
They've already detailed it. Or do you mean "I'll believe they intend to offer courses only after the courses are already running"?

They've already detailed it. Or do you mean "I'll believe they intend to offer courses only after the courses are already running"?
so where are their articles of organization?

You are shifting your stupid goal posts. A formative stage does not necessarily require a name first. Moreover, you have now added the assumptions of a large complex administrative project, when we have no clue what they envision. And, of course, it was possible for them to have more detail worked out before their proclamation. For example, they could have said they already have raised $_______ for this project, and already have _________ lined up as possible instructors.
They envision a university, which is a large, complex, administrative project. I really feel you should know this, since you work at one. Do you know how I know they envision a university? Because everyone has their knickers in a twist over the use of the word 'university'.

Also, the OP lists the positives they aspire to. If you cannot read, I cannot help you.
The problem here is there is no plan. You don't go soliciting donations for a dream.

You are shifting your stupid goal posts. A formative stage does not necessarily require a name first. Moreover, you have now added the assumptions of a large complex administrative project, when we have no clue what they envision. And, of course, it was possible for them to have more detail worked out before their proclamation. For example, they could have said they already have raised $_______ for this project, and already have _________ lined up as possible instructors.
They envision a university, which is a large, complex, administrative project. I really feel you should know this, since you work at one. Do you know how I know they envision a university? Because everyone has their knickers in a twist over the use of the word 'university'.

Also, the OP lists the positives they aspire to. If you cannot read, I cannot help you.
The problem here is there is no plan. You don't go soliciting donations for a dream.
They do have a plan and they've provided information on it.

Back
Top Bottom