• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The University Of Austin

Given your proclivities for precision I would have thought you'd know the difference between information and insipid platitudes.
They do have a plan and have provided information on it. Of course, since the instant, visceral, and prejudiced response of nearly everybody on this board to the announcement, I'm not surprised no effort has been made to seek it out.

It plans to accept graduate students next year and undergraduate students by 2024.

Grifters gotta grift.
:picardfacepalm:

Austin already has a university. It's called The University of Texas at Austin. You know how much time elapsed between when The University of Texas at Austin was established and started accumulating its endowment, and when it enrolled its first class of college students? Twenty-five years. I think it's only fair we give the new guys on the block a little time to get up and running before we start calling them grifters.

What is this supposed to establish?
That there is no such business.
Oy gevalt.

Most private and public universities in America are not for profits and are not on such a register.
this^ is incorrect
yes, this was a cursory search, the email is there for your entertainment...
View attachment 36034

Wow.

We had suspected for a long time that the University of Texas, Austin was nothing more than a front for the University of Texas, Austin Student Golf Club, but never had the smoking gun to prove it until now.

Thank you for your vigilance in tracking this down, citizen. Your country thanks you.

Oy gevalt.

Most private and public universities in America are not for profits and are not on such a register.
this^ is incorrect
View attachment 36034

Wow.

We had suspected for a long time that the University of Texas, Austin was nothing more than a front for the University of Texas, Austin Student Golf Club, but never had the smoking gun to prove it until now.

Thank you for your vigilance in tracking this down, citizen. Your country thanks you.
hehe english I am sure it is offered locally in YOUR region.

cursory
New Bitmap Image (3).png

the point is there is a database for non profits... a cursory search is not thorough although the URL was there AND the EMAIL
seriously, is serious an english word....does it matter?
New Bitmap Image (4).png

Oy gevalt.

this^ is incorrect
View attachment 36034

Wow.

cursory
View attachment 36036
Ironically enough, a more cursory search would have kept you from looking absurd:

UTXTaxes.png

2 minutes on Google and looking through the University of Austin's website would be sufficient to tell you the name of the taxable entity that the donations are currently going to in order to manage funds for the project. That entity is on the tax list.

As to whether or not one should believe that entity is organizing a university as advertised or is a complete scam, I have no solid basis on which to speculate.

Oy gevalt.

this^ is incorrect
View attachment 36034

Wow.

cursory
View attachment 36036
Ironically enough, a more cursory search would have kept you from looking absurd:

View attachment 36041

2 minutes on Google and looking through the University of Austin's website would be sufficient to tell you the name of the taxable entity that the donations are currently going to in order to manage funds for the project. That entity is on the tax list.

As to whether or not one should believe that entity is organizing a university as advertised or is a complete scam, I have no solid basis on which to speculate.
I do not see University of Austin in that list you just posted to establish this claim. Maybe go back and take another two minutes?

There is University of Texas AT Austin, but that is not University of Austin.

Oy gevalt.

this^ is incorrect
View attachment 36034

Wow.

cursory
View attachment 36036

View attachment 36041

I do not see University of Austin in that list you just posted to establish this claim. Maybe go back and take another two minutes?

The list I posted above was not posted to establish the claim I made afterwards. It was posted as a show of good faith to establish @none's argument on more solid ground than they did.

The University of Austin's website is here.

The form to search the tax list is here.

Between those two links, it is possible to find the taxable entity that donations are going to and confirm that it is such a taxable entity in the state of Texas. This can be easily done.

If nobody else does it, then I'll do it in a bit, post about it, and slightly lower my expectations moving forward.

Oy gevalt.

this^ is incorrect
View attachment 36034

Wow.

cursory
View attachment 36036

View attachment 36041

a mere cursory search is not as through as a detailed informed cursory search.
but yeah, I appreciate the credit having spurred you to cursory search beyond the cursory.
anyways... it would be nice to just be able to cp the clipboard buffer directly into this rich formatting field without having to click around on the interface... but hey that is just cursory.... lol

Oy gevalt.

this^ is incorrect
View attachment 36034

Wow.

cursory
View attachment 36036

View attachment 36041

The list I posted above was not posted to establish the claim I made afterwards. It was posted as a show of good faith to establish @none's argument on more solid ground than they did.

The University of Austin's website is here.

The form to search the tax list is here.

Between those two links, it is possible to find the taxable entity that donations are going to and confirm that it is such a taxable entity in the state of Texas. This can be easily done.

If nobody else does it, then I'll do it in a bit, post about it, and slightly lower my expectations moving forward.
Then you can do the two minutes of work if you wish to be believed. I'm not going to, nor should anyone else feel compelled to, operate an IRS website that may or may not actually contain the information you claim it does.

You make the claim, you justify it.

um yeah... apparently the sos of texas is reporting that MANY... yeah pretty much every non-profit.. registers...
so yeah, there it is...

Then you can do the two minutes of work if you wish to be believed. I'm not going to, nor should anyone else feel compelled to, operate an IRS website that may or may not actually contain the information you claim it does.

You make the claim, you justify it.

That's disappointing, but not surprising.

Screenshot 2021-11-12 165633.png

Screenshot 2021-11-12 165832.png

geesh, you knew where to look... how to look.... and when too look... this whole time???
eeck, must be theatrical around "heres"....

Given your proclivities for precision I would have thought you'd know the difference between information and insipid platitudes.
They do have a plan and have provided information on it. Of course, since the instant, visceral, and prejudiced response of nearly everybody on this board to the announcement, I'm not surprised no effort has been made to seek it out.

It plans to accept graduate students next year and undergraduate students by 2024.

Check your own source! Look at the section "Reception".

Check my own source what?

What about the 'Reception' part? That leftists immediately, reflexively, and hysterically screamed that it was a grift? I already knew that they had done that.

What about the 'Reception' part? That leftists immediately, reflexively, and hysterically screamed that it was a grift? I already knew that they had done that.
I have the rather controversial opinion that plans should be at least longer and more comprehensive than what is written in a fortune cookie, The University of Austin has failed to achieve this. That's I way I described their attempt as insipid platitudes. Valid criticism in my opinion.

Check my own source what?

It still sounds like you haven't read what's in that section.

Back
Top Bottom