• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The ways left wing professors make all students feel welcome*

For the punters watching at home, Loren is currently floating somewhere in cloud cuckoo land, falsely claiming I 'attacked' a professor for screaming at a student who lowered his mask to sneeze.

Of course, I did no such thing. Loren quoted me without context, where I was responding to Swammerdami and his contention that the list contained only "too liberal" people and that it included people on the list solely for supporting mask mandates:
It includes professors who scream at students for lowering their mask to sneeze; I don't think 'general support of mask mandates' is sufficient to be included in their list (though it might be, I haven't read anything beyond the people who start with A or B, and even that was selective).

I was talking about who was included on the list, as anybody can see above. I never attacked the professor who screamed at his student for lowering his mask to sneeze, as Loren has repeatedly falsely accused me of.
"Screamed" is itself an inflammatory word. If your intention were not "to attack" the teacher, you might have substituted "told" for "screamed at."

Nobody has the time or inclination to search your posts with a fine-tooth comb..
I'm not asking people to. I am asking them to refrain from posting falsehoods about me. And, if they can't do that, which evidently they cannot, then I have asked them to prove I did what they have falsely claimed.

In fact, I've done all the heavy lifting here. I have gone back and quoted my own and other's posts.

Do you think Loren should be able to make false claims about me and not be challenged?

We should address the topic, not indulge in "he said you said I said she said we said surely Shirley said."

But in this case we needn't get out our fine-tooth comb. Your own words ("screamed at") are pejorative.
He did scream at the student, according to the report of the incident.

In another recent thread you seemed to deny that "advertisement of a plan" implies that the advertisers have an "aim."
You never addressed your own misunderstanding in that thread.

The WEF advertised its plan--and the plan is called the Great Reset. Those are the words I used and the claim is true.

I nowhere claimed that 'you will own nothing and be happy' was part of the Great Reset, and if you think I did, you can explain where. I suspect, however, that you will not be able to do so, because I did not in fact do that.

I suppose you can justify this by pointing to some semi-colon — or whatever — in one of your posts. Point to these semi-colons you find so relevant if you must, but don't expect the rest of us to care.
No. There was nothing ambiguous about my exchange with you. There does not need to be an appeal to 'semicolons'. Loren made a false claim that I attacked a 'list', which I did not do. What I did was pick and choose some egregious examples of leftist madness from the 'A' and 'B' section to illustrate my contention that some leftist professors make some students feel unwelcome.

You appear to want to blame me for other people - either willfully or through neglect - misinterpreting what I have written. And then you expect me to - what - simply allow the falsehoods to stand, because you don't want to read about it?

EDIT: There was a glimmer of hope, when you came to my defense in post #49, that you might be able to persuade others that their false accusations against me are unfounded, time-wasting, and relentless. And yet it doesn't even seem that you've convinced yourself.

EDIT: There was a glimmer of hope, when you came to my defense in post #49, that you might be able to persuade others that their false accusations against me are unfounded, time-wasting, and relentless. And yet it doesn't even seem that you've convinced yourself.

I "call" posts as I see them, individually with scant regard to who posted what. Some of the criticism against you is unfair.

But you sometimes provoke by "doubling down" even when your argument is weak. You repeated the pejorative "scream" and insisted that use of the pejorative was not an attack. Now you tell us the word came from a webpage. We don't have the time to click every link or to Google every adjective. Anyway, why repeat the pejorative if it doesn't reflect your sentiments? Can you see the point? Forget your personal involvement here; what would you think if I used someone else's pejorative and then insisted I didn't intend it the way it sounded?

I'd ask you for a link to the "scream," but I won't actually click the link. I'm just curious if it was a reputable site or just another rightwing_liars_are_us.tv

I "call" posts as I see them, individually with scant regard to who posted what. Some of the criticism against you is unfair.

But you sometimes provoke by "doubling down" even when your argument is weak. You repeated the pejorative "scream" and insisted that use of the pejorative was not an attack. Now you tell us the word came from a webpage.
It did. From the very website I pulled the other examples from.

We don't have the time to click every link or to Google every adjective. Anyway, why repeat the pejorative if it doesn't reflect your sentiments?
Screaming is an objective action. It isn't a pejorative to say somebody screamed, nor is it an attack.

Can you see the point? Forget your personal involvement here; what would you think if I used someone else's pejorative and then insisted I didn't intend it the way it sounded?
I would never, ever have raised something as brain-crushingly stupid as Loren's post that I attacked a 'list' (whatever the fuck that means) because I pointed out that nobody on the list was on there solely because they supported mask mandates.

I'd ask you for a link to the "scream," but I won't actually click the link. I'm just curious if it was a reputable site or just another rightwing_liars_are_us.tv
It's clear you're not even following the conversation. It's from the right-wing website that I picked and chose the misbehaving leftist professors from used in my examples. This is not a secret. I openly linked to the website multiple times in my OP.

This thread can conceivably be salvaged by fleshing out the argument: left wing professors make all students feel unwelcome.
Who is trying to make that argument?
You are. It's in the title of your thread, irony and all.
Dude! Are you logic-challenged? What he said in the title of his thread, irony and all, is:

"The ways left wing professors make all students feel welcome*"​

Since he meant it ironically, he meant the opposite. The opposite of "... make all students feel welcome" is "... make some students feel unwelcome", not "... make all students feel unwelcome." This is elementary logic.

14hzw1.jpg
Save it for when you aren't making a rookie error.

Back
Top Bottom