• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The world is not made of tiny things according to physics, so why does metaphysics claim it is?

what? why would you call this new age? there is no new age here at all. only pure science.

Your philosophical musing are not just science, like 'something out there that makes observation consistent'. Nothing inherently wrong with it, making an observation. We all have a non scientific paradigm of the universe in some form, Religious or otherwise.

? Nothing religious here. We are making observations of a coherent reality. How could it then be woo to stuipulate such a reality?

Okek dokey. You are right.

Machine is not a bad metaphor for universe. The problem is when metaphors become taken for reality.

All emotions boil down to brain chemistry and those pesky atoms amd molcules.
That's all words to me.

Machine is not a bad metaphor for universe. The problem is when metaphors become taken for reality.

All emotions boil down to brain chemistry and those pesky atoms amd molcules.
That's all words to me.

Not just words.My heart, my soul, my very being, my existence.

Yeah, We all know you were only an engineer. Not meant as too much of a pejorative sir. Wouldn't you really rather be an Old Crow or a scientist or even a preacher?

BTW things are only there when we see them because we are material perceivers working mostly in three dimensions at relatively large and slow scale.

Yeah, We all know you were only an engineer. Not meant as too much of a pejorative sir. Wouldn't you really rather be an Old Crow or a scientist or even a preacher?

BTW things are only there when we see them because we are material perceivers working mostly in three dimensions at relatively large and slow scale.

Why would anyone take this anonomous forum too seriosly mot knowing who anyone is. I don't take myself too seriously, it kept me from getting carried away with myself.

Back
Top Bottom