• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This could be the last straw for Trump.

Not certain what Trump has to do to lose evangelicals... presumably mounting his daughter in front of a lot of cameras probably would have some sort of influence... though... know the Evangelicals...

If he loses Robertson, he'll lose a few.
But by far, Robertson will lose more. Robertson got to where he is by telling Evangelicals what they want to hear. Telling them what they don't want to hear just makes them switch channels for a more appealing figure.

The man is a living, breathing sin. I don't have a clue how he got evangelicals on board in the first place.

The man is a living, breathing sin. I don't have a clue how he got evangelicals on board in the first place.

Appointing conservative judges, getting out of endless wars, cutting entitlement programs (those ones that are given to the "lazy" people like food stamps, and medicare) and closing the border to brown immigrants. These are the evangelicals top priorities. They believe that he is appointed by God and therefore, anything he does is suppose to be sanctioned by higher powers. Criticizing Trump is considered criticizing God. They believe he is not perfect - but he is getting done what they want.

If an evangelical decides that he is no longer appointed by God - then this is a very big deal IMO.

If an evangelical decides that he is no longer appointed by God - then this is a very big deal IMO.
But the heresologist would have to identify something Trump does that actually threatens one of the divine issues.
Abandoning brown people who are all muslims or something? Not going to break him.

If Robertson revealed evidence that Kavenaugh supports abortion, but got the job because he promised to cover Trump's shiny ass, that might do it.

Because evangelical is code for racists. Romney didn't win. Neither did McCain.

Not certain what Trump has to do to lose evangelicals... presumably mounting his daughter in front of a lot of cameras probably would have some sort of influence... though... know the Evangelicals...

If it's good enough for Lot ...

No, but if he were caught with Jared, that might do it.

Around here, EVERYTHING is code for racists.

No kidding. It's like a Rorschach Test with them.

Rorschach-Racist.jpg

Progressive Immediately Shouts 'White Supremacy!' At Every Image In Rorschach Test

Evangelicals seem to respond to crazy. How tall was Oral Roberts' Jesus vision? 800 feet? I forget. Falwell on gay Teletubbies. Robertson on hurricanes as divine retribution. Just proves they're caught up in the spirit. In that sense, T is giving them a good show recently, all except for that quote about him being the "second coming of God" and his introduction of 'goddamns' at his rallies. Just in the last few days, he's referred to his "great and unmatched wisdom" and railed at the Kurds for not landing on the D-Day beaches (I myself suspect that the first guys to run away at Bunker Hill were a bunch of mother-humpin' KURDS.) What a normally literate and well-read person takes as a persuasive case of clinical paranoia is evidence to the faith community (or maybe 70+ % of them) of revelation from beyond.

But the heresologist would have to identify something Trump does that actually threatens one of the divine issues.
Abandoning brown people who are all muslims or something? Not going to break him.

If Robertson revealed evidence that Kavenaugh supports abortion, but got the job because he promised to cover Trump's shiny ass, that might do it.

some of the Kurds are, I think, Christians--isn't that what P. R. said?

Back
Top Bottom