• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This Jackass is my Congressman

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

I worked at the State Capitol when he was a State Rep. He was a jackass back then. He held weekly meetings for Republican staffers and interns. His meeting boiled down to 1) Law is about legislating morality 2) morality comes from the Bible 3) hence we need to legislate the Bible. I think he was a preacher before he went into politics.

I think This Jackass is My Congressman/woman should be a daily feature here. I'm sure there are enough video clips for at least one per day.

My Congressman is #2 on the list of the 10 dumbest Congressmen.

2. Rob Woodall, R-GA: Woodall once advised a constituent on Medicare that she should reject the government-provided plan and secure her health insurance on the private market. However, when asked why he refused to reject the health plan provided to him by Congress he said simply, “Because it’s free.” Then, to cement the impression that he is focused solely on his own welfare and special privileges for congressmen, he was one of only two votes against the STOCK Act that prohibited members of Congress from engaging in insider trading.

I love how Aiken refused to answer any of the questions directly and misdirected with "scientific studies" shows chronic stress "affects" pregnancy.

I love how Aiken refused to answer any of the questions directly and misdirected with "scientific studies" shows chronic stress "affects" pregnancy.

If only we lived in a world full of people who know what it looks like when a liar gets caught in a lie.

Nonsupernaturalist is right about one thing... We could easily have one jackass congressman a day to consider. But what good is that? We are stuck with these people.:eek:

Nonsupernaturalist is right about one thing... We could easily have one jackass congressman a day to consider. But what good is that? We are stuck with these people.:eek:

My congresscritter was supposed to spell the end of the US, being a smart Muslim and all.

I am in the minority here that thinks that we have exactly the politicians that we deserve. And that our politicians accurately reflect the voting population.

If we were better informed and voted more intelligently we would have more intelligent politicians.

Back
Top Bottom