• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This week in patriarchy: Ukraine expels women and children so men can have combat to themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphor

Banned
Banned
Male Ukraine citizens aged 18-60 have been forbidden from leaving Ukraine. Particular details and exceptions are noted here. I understand that this is in order to benefit men, who wanted a break from the women and children and were excited about cosplaying army to a really realistic level.

And so it stands to reason that CBS would spotlight one particular man who identifies as a woman, who cannot leave the country because his passport says 'male'. Oddly, though, Faámelu speaks as though his transness is the barrier and not his maleness:

"This is not a very rainbow-friendly place. ... Lives for trans people are very bleak here," Faámelu said. "If you have a male gender in your passport, they will not let you go abroad. They will not let you through."
While it's true that anyone with a 'male' gender on their passport won't be let out, that's because Ukraine isn't letting males 18-60 out of the country.

The headline here is not that half the country is being forbidden to leave on the basis of their sex, no, but that one man who identifies as a woman is somehow more especially hard done by when the same rule applies to him.

Would you mind explaining "expels"?

They're saying if you have combat training you need to stay. That's not the same as saying anyone else needs to leave. People are simply getting their families to safety.

My thread title is screaming, over-the-top satire.

Ukraine is not expelling anybody, it is allowing women and children to leave.

Men are not staying because they want 'combat to themselves'; they are staying because they are forbidden from leaving.

My thread title is screaming, over-the-top satire.

Ukraine is not expelling anybody, it is allowing women and children to leave.

Men are not staying because they want 'combat to themselves'; they are staying because they are forbidden from leaving.
Well, The Russians want their land. You don't think that they should fight for it? The US has a draft that we've used when fighting overseas (Vietnam). In Ukraine, they aren't attacking any foreign country that they disagree with. I'd give them some latitude here...

Well, The Russians want their land. You don't think that they should fight for it? The US has a draft that we've used when fighting overseas (Vietnam). In Ukraine, they aren't attacking any foreign country that they disagree with. I'd give them some latitude here...
I am against the draft and I am against the State discriminating by sex in instituting the draft.

Australia also drafted her men to fight in Vietnam, by birth date lottery. Not any lottery I'd want to win.

I am against the draft and I am against the State discriminating by sex in instituting the draft.

Australia also drafted her men to fight in Vietnam, by birth date lottery. Not any lottery I'd want to win.
I've always been against the draft also. But most the wars that my country gets involved in are wars of choice. Probably not Afghanistan. But the Ukrainians are fighting for their homes. Some are forced to vacate on foot with young kids in the snow. I'd give them incredible latitude and grace. Many women are fighting in Ukraine also btw. Most will be killed.

"Today in iidb, it's another episode of 'I've run out of reasons to justify the invasion of Ukraine, and am now grasping at straws.' "

I've always been against the draft also. But most the wars that my country gets involved in are wars of choice. Probably not Afghanistan. But the Ukrainians are fighting for their homes. Some are forced to vacate on foot with young kids in the snow. I'd give them incredible latitude and grace. Many women are fighting in Ukraine also btw. Most will be killed.
I have no problem with men or women staying if they want to. I have a problem with Ukraine forbidding men from leaving.

Good to see that Ukraine is not led by "cucked faggots"...

You are a man, you are supposed to be expendable in comparison to women. Comes with the territory.

I have no problem with men or women staying if they want to. I have a problem with Ukraine forbidding men from leaving.
I have a lot of problems that piss me off. I'm upset that my wife forgot to buy coffee yesterday (have to drink tea this morning). And then it's raining at my local ski mountain. So, can't ski. God dammit. But I'm dang sure not going to judge every action that a country makes that is under threat of total annihilation.

I have a lot of problems that piss me off. I'm upset that my wife forgot to buy coffee yesterday (have to drink tea this morning). And then it's raining at my local ski mountain. So, can't ski. God dammit. But I'm dang sure not going to judge every action that a country makes that is under threat of total annihilation.
I have a far bigger problem with the State appropriating men's bodies than I do with missing out on coffee, but I suppose we include different things in our moral sphere of concern.

I have a far bigger problem with the State appropriating men's bodies than I do with missing out on coffee, but I suppose we include different things in our moral sphere of concern.
If you and I currently lived in Ukraine, I very much doubt that our major concerns right now would be the state appropriating men's bodies or missing out on coffee. When we are comfortable, it's easy to judge other who are desperate.

If you and I currently lived in Ukraine, I very much doubt that our major concerns right now would be the state appropriating men's bodies or missing out on coffee. When we are comfortable, it's easy to judge other who are desperate.
It beggars belief that you can imagine so. If I currently lived in the Ukraine, the idea that I would be forced to stay behind (and probably die) instead of having the option of fleeing with my family would concern me greatly.

It beggars belief that you can imagine so. If I currently lived in the Ukraine, the idea that I would be forced to stay behind (and probably die) instead of having the option of fleeing with my family would concern me greatly.
Well, your home isn't in Ukraine. You aren't there. So, we don't know for sure, do we? My only point is that i don't think we should judge a people for the short-term decisions that are made when they are desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom