• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Three middle school boys charged with sexual harassment for not using “preferred” gender pronouns of classmate

Three students at a Wisconsin middle school are being charged with sexual harassment for not using another student’s “preferred” gender pronouns.
And the legal organization representing the accused suggests one school official may have been on “a fishing expedition to find evidence of sexual harassment” during interviews that failed to follow the school’s own policies.
In March, officials at Kiel Middle School first notified the parents of three eighth-grade boys that their sons were being investigated for sexual harassment.
According to the district, the boys failed to use a classmate’s requested pronouns of “they” and “them.” The school claims the conduct is sexual harassment under Title IX, which prohibits gender-based harassment in the form of name-calling.
Rose Rabidoux, the mother of one of the boys, told local media the use of pronouns was “confusing” to her son. She added that the classmate only recently announced the preferred pronouns, suggesting that other students were still adjusting.
“Sexual harassment – that’s rape, that’s incest, that’s inappropriate touching,” Rabidoux said. “What did my son do? He’s a little boy. He told me that he was being charged with sexual harassment for not using the right pronouns.”
Attorneys from the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty (WILL) are representing the Rabidoux family and the families of the other two students who were accused.
In a May 12 letter sent to the superintendent, the school counselor and the Title IX compliance officer, WILL accuses the district of misinterpreting Title IX, which makes no mention of “gender identity.” They also say none of the alleged behavior “comes remotely close to sexual harassment.”
“The complaint against these boys, and the district’s ongoing investigation, are wholly inappropriate and should be immediately dismissed,” the letter reads.
The letter also argues that the district violated Title IX investigation procedures and the school’s own policies. Based on the evidence provided, WILL says the district should “promptly end the investigation, dismiss the complaints and remove them from each of the boys’ records.”
In response to parents’ complaints, superintendent Brad Ebert released a statement that fails to address the specifics of the case. Instead, the letter notes that the Kiel Area School District “prohibits all forms of bullying and harassment in accordance with all laws, including Title IX, and will continue to support ALL students regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, sex (including transgender status, change of sex or gender identity), or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability (“Protected Classes”) in any of its student programs and activities; this is consistent with school board policy. We do not comment on any student matters.”
WILL has asked the district to provide key documents in the case by Friday. If the district fails to respond, the parents are expected to take legal action.

It upsets me to be told that I must use demanded pronouns, but my distress, I am certain, would get short shrift from the pronoun demanders.
Probably and so what? Your refusal to support human decency causes distress to others, but their distress gets short shrift from you.
I disagree with your claims of 'decency' and find your rules to be quite indecent.
That is neither surprising nor interesting to me.

But at least you did not deny your double standard of it is okay for you to short shrift distress of others but the reverse is not okay.
No, it is not a double standard and that is not my rule.

I know what the pronoun demanders and their 'kind' enablers are doing, because I see it every day.
Stop being ridiculous. You did not see what happened at that school.
No, I didn't hear or see it.
So stop posting as if you did.
I'm not. I'm posting on what has been revealed by parties involved.
That is an outright falsehood. In the middle school drama no one
1) has revealed someone "demanded" to have a certain pronoun used, and
Yes, they did. The female pronoun demander did it.

2) is being investigated solely for "mispronouning".
I've told you umpteen times I can't discuss the alleged 'other behaviour' without any clue as to what it is.

And there is no direct evidence that "gender ideologists" or "gender ideology" is driving the school's policy or interpretation of title IX.
Nothing but gender ideology would cause the US Courts and the Education office to interpret the 'sex' clause in Title IX as entailing all discrimination based on 'gender identity'.

It did nothing of the sort. You injected the irrelevant standard of "moral obligations" and "moral beliefs". For some obscure reason, you feel that moral beliefs necesarily trump other considerations.
They certainly trump perceived 'kindness' when that 'kindness' is oblivious and detrimental to the feelings and rights of your non-preferred groups.
Where do you pull these hypocritical straw men from?
They are not straw men. Your perception of 'kindness' is stunted and slanted towards your preferred groups.

As far as investigation goes, the school has determined which of the three students participated in the harassment. The article itself states "In March, officials at Kiel Middle School first notified the parents of three eighth-grade boys that their sons were being investigated for sexual harassment. I assume the boys have previously been counseled about their activities yet continued that harassment, prompting the letters to the parents.

So, Metaphor, you are just plain wrong. But I suspect you will just double down on your wrongness.
You are incorrect. Three boys are accused, not one.

Attorneys from the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty (WILL) are representing the Rabidoux family and the families of the other two students who were accused.

Nothing in the story says the investigation is concluded.
“The complaint against these boys, and the district’s ongoing investigation, are wholly inappropriate and should be immediately dismissed,” the letter reads.

So, ZiprHead, you are just plain wrong. But I suspect you will just double down on your wrongness.
You didn't say anything about the investigation being concluded. You said:
Your violent twisting of allegations not even investigated yet ("bully and intimidate") and your authoritarian desire to impose the strictures of your religion on others is truly indecent and despicable and the acts of an authoritarian bully.
"Violent twisting"??? Has someone here given you a purple nurple?

No, it has not been investigated (note the past tense) yet. The investigation is ongoing. That hasn't stopped you and Toni and Jarhyn finding the boys guilty.
You're not making any sense.
You falsely said the boys had already been investigated and the school had narrowed the 'perpetrator' to a single student. Neither thing happened.
As I previously said, I was wrong in the phrasing. I have known from the beginning that three students are involved.

Yes, I believe the boys were investigated and now the investigation is moving up to a Title Nine investigation. Investigations start at the bottom and move up as more information come to light through investigation.

How do you think it works?
Since none of the boys or their parents mention any outcome from some 'concluded' investigation, I think your presumption that some prior investigation has already occurred and concluded is contra the facts.
I didn't say concluded once. That's your weasel word.
No, you used the past tense, implying it was concluded.
I'm not responsible for how you infer things.

As far as investigation goes, the school has determined which of the three students participated in the harassment. The article itself states "In March, officials at Kiel Middle School first notified the parents of three eighth-grade boys that their sons were being investigated for sexual harassment. I assume the boys have previously been counseled about their activities yet continued that harassment, prompting the letters to the parents.

So, Metaphor, you are just plain wrong. But I suspect you will just double down on your wrongness.
You are incorrect. Three boys are accused, not one.

Nothing in the story says the investigation is concluded.

So, ZiprHead, you are just plain wrong. But I suspect you will just double down on your wrongness.
You didn't say anything about the investigation being concluded. You said:
Your violent twisting of allegations not even investigated yet ("bully and intimidate") and your authoritarian desire to impose the strictures of your religion on others is truly indecent and despicable and the acts of an authoritarian bully.
"Violent twisting"??? Has someone here given you a purple nurple?

No, it has not been investigated (note the past tense) yet. The investigation is ongoing. That hasn't stopped you and Toni and Jarhyn finding the boys guilty.
You're not making any sense.
You falsely said the boys had already been investigated and the school had narrowed the 'perpetrator' to a single student. Neither thing happened.
As I previously said, I was wrong in the phrasing. I have known from the beginning that three students are involved.

Yes, I believe the boys were investigated and now the investigation is moving up to a Title Nine investigation. Investigations start at the bottom and move up as more information come to light through investigation.

How do you think it works?
Since none of the boys or their parents mention any outcome from some 'concluded' investigation, I think your presumption that some prior investigation has already occurred and concluded is contra the facts.
I didn't say concluded once. That's your weasel word.
No, you used the past tense, implying it was concluded.
I'm not responsible for how you infer things.
No, but you should be aware of English language conventions and rules.

No, it is not a double standard and that is not my rule.
You are mistaken. You whine about perceived "short shrifts" when you feel you are at the end of one while you dole them out on a routine basis.

I know what the pronoun demanders and their 'kind' enablers are doing, because I see it every day.
Stop being ridiculous. You did not see what happened at that school.
No, I didn't hear or see it.
So stop posting as if you did.
I'm not. I'm posting on what has been revealed by parties involved.
That is an outright falsehood. In the middle school drama no one
1) has revealed someone "demanded" to have a certain pronoun used, and
Yes, they did. The female pronoun demander did it.
"Demander"? Prove it.
2) is being investigated solely for "mispronouning".
I've told you umpteen times I can't discuss the alleged 'other behaviour' without any clue as to what it is.
We don't have any clues about what really happened with the mispronouning (the context or what was actually said) but that has not stopped your posting. You persistently omit the "other behavior" as if it does not exist. It did and should be recognized as a factor until more information comes out.
And there is no direct evidence that "gender ideologists" or "gender ideology" is driving the school's policy or interpretation of title IX.
Nothing but gender ideology would cause the US Courts and the Education office to interpret the 'sex' clause in Title IX as entailing all discrimination based on 'gender identity'.
You should recognize that words have meaning - your conclusion is not direct evidence.

They are not straw men. Your perception of 'kindness' is stunted and slanted towards your preferred groups.
Your conclusions are stunted and slanted toward your preferred group (yourself) which means they are vastly mistaken.

You are mistaken. You whine about perceived "short shrifts" when you feel you are at the end of one while you dole them out on a routine basis.
I did not 'whine'. I pointed out your own double standard. You believe in 'kindness'--for your preferred groups.

"Demander"? Prove it.
When you announce your pronouns in an environment where people can be and are punished for not complying, you are demanding pronouns.

I did not 'whine'.
Oh noes, another failure of pedantry.
I pointed out your own double standard. You believe in 'kindness'--for your preferred groups.
Wrong on all counts.
"Demander"? Prove it.
When you announce your pronouns in an environment where people can be and are punished for not complying, you are demanding pronouns.
When a "proof" is based on redefining common words and tortured logic, it fails.

I did not 'whine'.
I pointed out your own double standard. You believe in 'kindness'--for your preferred groups.
Wrong on all counts.
"Demander"? Prove it.
When a "proof" is based on redefining common words and tortured logic, it fails.
Especially when there is always the option to just use "them".

Oh, I recall the tantrums that were struck, though, even when showing someone a construction of language almost as old as the utterance unto any purpose at all!

Metaphor to the defense of bullies.

To be fair, even bullies need an advocate to make sure they are not mistreated in their descent to remedial social education.

Jimmy Higgins adding his name to the list of people comfortable with a 'guilty until proven innocent' presumption.

I did not 'whine'.
Wrong on all counts.
"Demander"? Prove it.

Why is that an option? Why have you decided that 'them' is an acceptable substitute for 'him' or 'her'?

“Them” and “they” are becoming more widely accepted as substitutes for gendered pronouns in the US.

There are many acceptable methods to refer to a particular person that are not difficult or cumbersome for those who are open-minded or kind.

Of course, one can refer to a specific person by name.

I did not 'whine'.
Wrong on all counts.
"Demander"? Prove it.

Why is that an option? Why have you decided that 'them' is an acceptable substitute for 'him' or 'her'?
Because:

1) it is a viable pronoun that covers several cases, including online when you don't even know the gender of users.
2) the use of the words 'they' and 'them' has shifted to include gender-free pronoun identification

Language has a tendency to change as such.

Jimmy Higgins adding his name to the list of people comfortable with a 'guilty until proven innocent' presumption.
There is no doubt that they were bullying. But I expect you to look the other way when it comes to harm of social classes you prefer to not recognize exist. LGBT, minorities, the Dutch.

I did not 'whine'.
Wrong on all counts.
"Demander"? Prove it.

Because:

1) it is a viable pronoun that covers several cases, including online when you don't even know the gender of users.
2) the use of the words 'they' and 'them' has shifted to include gender-free pronoun identification

I very often use they/them in writing on this very forum when I am either unsure of gender or where gender is not specific to what I am writing about. I’ve done that for years and years.

Because:

I very often use they/them in writing on this very forum when I am either unsure of gender or where gender is not specific to what I am writing about. I’ve done that for years and years.
You know, it occurred to me that there is somewhat of a parallel here with the N-word. Some people say they think it is wrong that they can't (or shouldn't) use the N-word because the N-words are using it amongst themselves.

But now, the argument from those where the Venn Diagram seems to have a decent overlap, is that they DON'T want to call people what they consider themselves as.

Admittedly, it isn't a perfect parallel, but there are similarities.

“Them” and “they” are becoming more widely accepted as substitutes for gendered pronouns in the US.

There are many acceptable methods to refer to a particular person that are not difficult or cumbersome for those who are open-minded or kind.

Of course, one can refer to a specific person by name.
That does not answer my question. Jarhyn knows I am an adult human male, and he knows I believe the correct pronouns for adult human males are 'he/him/his'.

But, instead of using pronouns he knows I would believe are correct, he uses 'they'. It's rank hypocrisy.

There is no doubt that they were bullying.
Yeah, you already said.

I did not 'whine'.
Wrong on all counts.
"Demander"? Prove it.

Because:

That does not answer my question. I often use 'they' to describe a person whose sex is unknown. "Do you know who was in this meeting room before? They've left their glasses behind".

But Jarhyn uses 'they' when he is referring to me specifically, and he has decided that he is allowed to substitute pronouns he knows I believe are correct for adult human males.

Town of Kiel, Wisconsin enters second week of multiple bomb threats made by anti-trans extremist(s) using terrorism to demand end of trans-inclusive school policy.

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...in/7461788001/
Since the first bomb threat was made against the Kiel school system last week, five others have followed targeting the Kiel Public Library, city hall, the homes of school district employees, roads and utility companies throughout the city.

So far, no bombs have been found, but school has been canceled for the remainder of the year, the Memorial Day parade that usually has residents lining the street and stopping by the local VFW for a brat didn’t happen and graduation for the class of 2022 is postponed.

It still isn't known who made the bomb threats, but on Tuesday the FBI arrested a California man for threats he made against a district staff member tied to a sexual harassment investigation involving three eighth-grade boys who are said to have mispronounced another student's gender pronoun.

Parents of the boys hired a conservative law firm that took the case public in mid-May and demanded the district drop its investigation of the incident under the federal Title IX statute. The lawyers and one parent and a student appeared on Laura Ingraham's show on Fox News and on Newsmax, and the attorneys penned an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal titled "The progressive pronoun police come for middle schoolers."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom