• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tots and Pears for Kentucky

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
5 Dead and 8 Injured in Shooting in Louisville, Ky

Oh well. Another day in Murka.
It'll be okay though, because Mitch McConnell, beloved by everyone in his beautiful State, has sent his priceless thoughts and prayers.

ETA: They're not saying what kind of weapon was used by the killer. IMHO, that raises the probability that it was a semi-auto of some sort to a near-certainty; it's not like they don't know what weapon was used - they're just not saying. Why?

Last edited:
ETA: They're not saying what kind of weapon was used by the killer. IMHO, that raises the probability that it was a semi-auto of some sort to a near-certainty; it's not like they don't know what weapon was used - they're just not saying. Why?
Because when info flies too quickly to the press, any number of wrong things are reported. We don't need to know immediately what the killer used. Especially not before the families know what happened to their loved ones.

I've gotten angry at work. At some moments, close to raging. The idea of harming a fly never occurred to me. Though a notepad did meet an awful end. These work place shootings are just... well... hard to comprehend.

ETA: They're not saying what kind of weapon was used by the killer.
They have not even released the shooter's identity at the time of that article. They are not going to identify the weapon before the perp.
IMHO, that raises the probability that it was a semi-auto of some sort to a near-certainty;
The prior probability of it being semi-auto is already high, given that they are by far the most popular firearms. But police not releasing the make and model of the gun at this early stage is not indicative of anything.
it's not like they don't know what weapon was used - they're just not saying. Why?
Because it's still early. You really think they would have said it immediately if it was a revolver or a bolt-action rifle?

The ID of the shooter is out. I suppose Rep. Greene among other right-wingers will be calling for high school jocks no longer having access to guns.
article said:
The suspect in a Monday morning massacre at a Louisville bank has been identified as a 23-year-old former varsity hoops star and finance grad-turned-banker who livestreamed the horrific attack.

The word "concussion" is mentioned a bunch in the article. Did he play enough for that to be the problem?

think they would have said it immediately if it was a revolver or a bolt-action rifle?

Yup. If it was anything out of the usual they’d likely have remarked on it.

I hate guns, but I can't help but wondering what is making so many people so enraged? People shoot each other over minor nonsense, like he cut me off in traffic so I had to shoot him, among other stupid things. Have we always had so many easily enraged people in the US? Is it something in the air, a lack of socialization, or what? I don't remember things being like this 50 years ago. But, there were fewer guns around during that time period, less poverty, and maybe even more job satisfaction. People didn't get so angry at their coworkers to the point that they wanted to kill them. We've always had guns and lax gun laws. to some extent, but I do think we now have insanely lax gun laws, a SCOTUS that doesn't understand the meaning of the phrase, an organized militia, and far more guns than ever before, including those damn AR-15s, the manly gun that insecure men desire, to make up for their weaknesses, aka small dicks. metaphorically speaking....It seems hopeless...

He was going to be fired, so his reaction was to send people to the hospital and morgue... while live streaming it, and during a video conference.

I hate guns, but I can't help but wondering what is making so many people so enraged? People shoot each other over minor nonsense, like he cut me off in traffic so I had to shoot him, among other stupid things. Have we always had so many easily enraged people in the US? Is it something in the air, a lack of socialization, or what? I don't remember things being like this 50 years ago. But, there were fewer guns around during that time period, less poverty, and maybe even more job satisfaction. People didn't get so angry at their coworkers to the point that they wanted to kill them. We've always had guns and lax gun laws. to some extent, but I do think we now have insanely lax gun laws, a SCOTUS that doesn't understand the meaning of the phrase, an organized militia, and far more guns than ever before, including those damn AR-15s, the manly gun that insecure men desire, to make up for their weaknesses, aka small dicks. metaphorically speaking....It seems hopeless...

Gun nuts like to argue that some other countries have lax gun regulations and high ownership rates (though none approaches U.S. levels, with its more guns than humans!). They then argue that gun ownership is not the problem.

What they overlook is how deeply irrational, almost psychotic, many millions of Americans have become. You don't give sharp knives to toddlers; and you shouldn't give guns to Americans without rigorous evidence that that American is in the rational-thinking minority. (Of course that would be impossible now with turds like Ron DeSantis running entire states and eager to arm the psychos.)

Most of the Americans I'm calling "psychotic" have never been so diagnosed, so I don't know how to prove that America has the most insane people, at least when adjusted for income. Unfortunately American often leads the way: in a few years will other Western countries also turn increasingly insane?

The prior probability of it being semi-auto is already high, given that they are by far the most popular firearms.

Yeah, also, you pointed out that red States are bound to have more shooters and shooting deaths because they have more guns.
It’s good, IMO, that you finally recognize that the problem isn’t BLMers, it’s
GUNS.

article said:
The man who opened fire at a Louisville bank, killing five people, purchased the weapon he used in the attack six days ago, police said.

Louisville Metro Police Department Interim Chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel said the shooter bought the weapon legally from a local dealership on April 4.

"In all honesty, it'd been hard for him to have acquired the weapon illegally," noted Gwinn-Villaroel. "I don't know, something like trying to purchase a gun while committing a felony... as a felon... during... what was it? A leap year, on the leap day... leap second? One of those.... or, of course, if he bought from George Soros, but otherwise, you wanna gun, you get a gun. Open carry, concealed carry, holstered, unholstered, waave that muthafucker around... the world's your oyster... if the oyster is a gun... in Kentucky!

Yeah, just makes our jobs so much easier. *sigh*"

link (a tad bit of privilege there)

I'm also confused, we are literally days post the shooting and still word about banning former high school athletes or (heterosexuals for that matter) from owning a gun. It just seems a bit weird how identity seemed to come up at all with the Nashville school shooting... in the rare instance the shooter wasn't a white heterosexual male and transgender instead. But the whole identity kinda went away.

Not a single person who brought that shit up in that thread are to be found talking about heterosexuals and former high school athletes. It is almost like they were being full of shit and just want to repress transgender people. I mean yeah, it seemed like it at the time, but it does stick out a bit more.

Kind of like when these people only whine about women starring in movies they think men should have starred in.

I'm also confused, we are literally days post the shooting and still word about banning former high school athletes or (heterosexuals for that matter) from owning a gun. It just seems a bit weird how identity seemed to come up at all with the Nashville school shooting... in the rare instance the shooter wasn't a white heterosexual male and transgender instead. But the whole identity kinda went away.

Not a single person who brought that shit up in that thread are to be found talking about heterosexuals and former high school athletes. It is almost like they were being full of shit and just want to repress transgender people. I mean yeah, it seemed like it at the time, but it does stick out a bit more.

Kind of like when these people only whine about women starring in movies they think men should have starred in.
Nor, for that matter, are they talking about the one thing they DO all have in common: testosterone.

Back
Top Bottom