• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Truly Irritating Songs

What about this...NSFW because they say what the f**k...

If you survived Noel.... be warned.. no foul language except your own...

Madonna, "Like A Virgin"--like a sea urchin
Madonna, "La Isla Bonita" complete with sea urchins
Madonna, "Having my Baby"
Paul Anka, "Papa, don't Preach"
Diana Ross & the Supremes, "Someday we'll be Together"--oh, no you won't, not ever, and you know it.
Queen, "Another One Bites the Dust"
Alice Cooper, "Only Women Bleed"--but men bite the--dust.
Michael Jackson, "Ben"--a love song to a male rat
The Carpenters, "Close to You"--just like me, they long to puke, hearing you
The Carpenters, "We've Only Just Begun" to hurl
The Carpenters, "Top of the World"--no, by this point in the 1970s, Karen probably wasn't.
The Archies, "Sugar, Sugar"--set a bad bad example for the Carpenters
Tommy James and the Shondells, "Hanky Panky"--oh go, blow your nose with it.
Donna Fargo, "The Happiusht Girl in the Whole U. Esh.. A"--I guess the affected lisp was to make her seem more feminine; or maybe she just
needed a hanky to clear her sinuses.
Dolly Parton, "Jolene"--at least she doesn't lisp, but her concern about Jodeline (4-s yllables thanks to DP's diction which managed to be both
clipped and drawn out) and about Jodeline's sexy looks seems affected
Hank Williams, "Kaw-Liga"--well, Hank, not every one's a winner

Okay, I'll admit it. I don't like most Dream Theater songs. It's like they're trying to cram as many notes in as they can get until it loses its musicality.

Since we're approaching the holidays, let me tell you (warn you?) about a horrible, horrible song called "The Christmas Shoes." I will not link to a video, because I would not be the source of your suffering. As I've mentioned before, I used to work in radio, and Christmas songs start popping up on the playlist in late November. There really aren't that many good ones, so when a new one comes out, you at least give it a spin.

This one became very popular. It is a piece of tripe about a kid wanting to buy a pair of shoes for his dying mother so that she can look presentable "if momma meets Jesus tonight." It is saccharine. Meaning that it tries to be sweet, but probably causes cancer if you're exposed to enough of it.

We had a program director who thought it was the greatest thing ever, so we had to play that piece of shit song with increasing frequency as Christmas approached. When he left, a few of us set about to remove any copy of that song from the station. Threw away the CD copy, deleted every instance of it from hard drives, removed it from the music scheduling software, etc.

Then after a brief respite of a couple years, we got a new program director who said "what do you MEAN you're not playing The Christmas Shoes?!" and added it back in.

As a former DJ, I have played more annoying songs than you could imagine. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is as terrible as "The Christmas Shoes."

Good Morning Starshine from the musical Hair. Damn that is horrific with its nonsense lyrics. AARGH!!! It's painful even mentioning it.
The hit recording of this by Oliver is truly unbearable--the original cast version at least occasionally sounds lively, exuberant.

The Star Spangled Banner! Nothing is more annoying and obnoxious than that horrible anthem.

I had to laugh at the choice of Me and Bobby McGee. I'm not crazy about that song and I'm not a big fan of Janis, but when I lived in Texas that song was very popular and someone in my apartment complex used to play it over and over and over again, so loud that you could hear it a block away. I always think of that time in my life when I hear that song.

I also chuckled at Ebony and Ivory because one of my young Black coworkers and I used to walk around arm in arm singing that song when things were slow at work and we were in a silly mood.

Bah! Humbug! I hate most Xmas songs and it has nothing to do with my atheism. There are far too many annoying songs to list.

I remember when I had shore duty at a squadron. Our workspaces in the hanger had walls but no ceiling. So we were like big cubicles. Sound traveled well in the hanger. My next door neighbor in Airframes, she was quite taken by this new song by Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You. You may be familiar with it. I am. And she... would play it... for all... of us. For all of us.
Excuse me.
Days went by. It wasn't until nearly all of us started singing along she finally capitulated and broke this incessant Whitney loop.

Madonna, "Like A Virgin"--like a sea urchin
Madonna, "La Isla Bonita" complete with sea urchins
Paul Anka, "Papa, don't Preach"
Diana Ross & the Supremes, "Someday we'll be Together"--oh, no you won't, not ever, and you know it.
Queen, "Another One Bites the Dust"
Alice Cooper, "Only Women Bleed"--but men bite the--dust.
Michael Jackson, "Ben"--a love song to a male rat
The Carpenters, "Close to You"--just like me, they long to puke, hearing you
The Carpenters, "We've Only Just Begun" to hurl
The Carpenters, "Top of the World"--no, by this point in the 1970s, Karen probably wasn't.
The Archies, "Sugar, Sugar"--set a bad bad example for the Carpenters
Tommy James and the Shondells, "Hanky Panky"--oh go, blow your nose with it.
Donna Fargo, "The Happiusht Girl in the Whole U. Esh.. A"--I guess the affected lisp was to make her seem more feminine; or maybe she just
needed a hanky to clear her sinuses.
Dolly Parton, "Jolene"--at least she doesn't lisp, but her concern about Jodeline (4-s yllables thanks to DP's diction which managed to be both
clipped and drawn out) and about Jodeline's sexy looks seems affected
Hank Williams, "Kaw-Liga"--well, Hank, not every one's a winner
Remember what Bette Midler said about said about Madonna, "The only thing she'll ever do like a virgin is have a baby in a stable, from an unknown father."

Eldarion Lathria

That's the one! I hated that song so much! I still remember working at Marshalls and hanging up the fixtures to the ceiling and being next to the speaker and wanting to rip the speaker out.... but it'd still be playing in all the others.

Xmas songs in the mix, Paul McCartney's Wonderful Xmas Time is my most hated song of all time, made of nothing but saccharine! And someone has a version of Happy Holidays that I can't stand. But most Xmas music I can't stand anymore, just that stuff really gets under my skin.

99 Red Balloons is pretty annoying. I heard it for the first time in years yesterday.

Gary Numan "Cars" grates after about 30 seconds

2 more that came out when I was in grade school, a short little boy, whose first name was John:
The first level of hell: Jimmy Dean, "Big Bad John"
The third level of hell: Shelley Fabares, "Johnny Angel"

It would have to be that "put a ring on it" song by Beyonce. All her stuff is annoying, but esoecially this one. And it was everywhere a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom