• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump administration plans to stoke racist fear by sending 800 troops to the border

It is against the law in America to use military troops to enforce the law unless a state of emergency is declared.
But that surely does not apply to protecting the outside border? By definition, that's not domestic.

By definition, sending military forces uninvited into another nation's sovereign territory is an act of war.
Sheesh ... 7000 unarmed civilians are being characterized as an "invasion", just to justify a pending violation of posse comitatus laws.

I'm a Democrat and a liberul (yup) and I'm willing to fess up -- we're paying the Caravan to move on up the border. The ultimate goal is to get one of these Caravans to make it across and hitchhike to Mara Lago. Donald will get more coverage for his resort than he ever dreamed possible.

It is against the law in America to use military troops to enforce the law unless a state of emergency is declared.
But that surely does not apply to protecting the outside border? By definition, that's not domestic.

By definition, sending military forces uninvited into another nation's sovereign territory is an act of war.
Sheesh ... 7000 unarmed civilians are being characterized as an "invasion", just to justify a pending violation of posse comitatus laws.

Update - per the Mexican Ambassador, the number of people actually headed toward the US border is falling, and is now around 3500 - and still falling as people register for asylum in Mexico.
This is a terrible blow to the Trump fear factory. Expect something new in the next few days.

Personally, I don't think we need any more non-English speaking people here...

Why is that? I serve customers who work their asses off each and every day, but perhaps know 80 or 100 words of English. I don't really care. Their kids went to school with my kids and are as American as he is.

My great-grandfather didn't know a lick of English when he got here, and by all accounts never picked it up even as his children learned it in school and life.

German was spoken in his house.
Yeah, I rather have a bunch of multi-lingual people who want to work hard that bunch of gun nuts that we do have. Think Mexico would like to trade? :)

Back
Top Bottom