• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump and Jerry Springer

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
For some time I've been thinking about what exactly make's Trump popular. Today it came to me and it's that he's a page out of Jerry Springer's book. Lots of vulgar, bombast and stupid, kinda like freak shows only the freaks are talking. Trump simply attracts the same kind of people that Jerry Springer has in his audience.

Get ready for his Final Thoughts segments in October.

I got to ask a question of Jerry awhile back, and it was "Final Thoughts?"

He replied "may you never be on my show."

Springer understands that what he's doing is a show. He's making low brow entertainment, and makes no apologies.

Trump, on the other hand, has somehow fooled himself into thinking that the character he plays in his show is a real guy. The Apprentice has always been a game show. Trump was a game show host. A delusional game show host who thinks that because he's been on TV for the better part of a decade playing a CEO, he's somehow qualified to be President.

He's more akin to Archie Bunker
His supporters are the same folk that grew up watching "All in the Family" and believed it was how things should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder not so much about Trump's motivations but about those people who support him. What are they thinking?

Trump's doing what he's always done, sell himself and make money by just making money, not making anything. That's likely how he'll try to run a country, except for the money part.

Back
Top Bottom