• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump: Biden wants to hurt God

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Trump’s “Blasphemous” Attacks on Biden Are Nothing New For the Republican Party | The New Republic
Trump’s “Blasphemous” Attacks on Biden Were Torn From the Republican Hymnal

The president’s pearl-clutching critics have forgotten how defaming Democrats’ faith is a longstanding tradition for the GOP.

Trump’s latest slate of rhetorical outrages began with an interview with Geraldo Rivera on Thursday, during which he made a largely faith-based case against Joe Biden. “I’m in favor of the Bible, I’m in favor of the Second Amendment, right?” he said. “Biden’s against all these things. He’s against oil and gas, he’s against the Bible—essentially against religion, but against the Bible—and he’s against the Second Amendment.”

He would say the same hours later at a speech in Cleveland. “No religion, no anything,” he said. “Hurt the Bible, hurt God. He’s against God, he’s against guns.” At a White House press conference on Monday, Trump defended and explained himself by criticizing the Biden-Sanders unity task force: “If you look at the manifesto that they’ve come up with, and if you look at their stance on things having to do—very importantly—with aspects of religion and faith, I don’t think a man of deep religion would be agreeing to the Bernie Sanders plan.”
He thinks that Joe Biden wants to hurt God?

I'm reminded of this: Bertrand Russell: Nuns in Bathrobes
“From Bertrand Russell’s “An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish”: “I am sometimes shocked by the blasphemies of those who think themselves pious — for instance, the nuns who never take a bath without wearing a bathrobe all the time. When asked why, since no man can see them, they reply: ‘Oh, but you forget the good God.’ Apparently they conceive of the Deity as a Peeping Tom, whose omniscience enables him to see through bathroom walls, but who is foiled by bathrobes.”

Trump has done a lot of other religious theatrics, like hold up a Bible in front of a church.

Trump at the National Prayer Breakfast - he didn't love his enemies very much - dismissing Nancy Pelosi as a fraud when she claimed that she prays for him.

I find it adorable the Trump is convinced that only he can protect God from the evil machinations of Joe Biden. I could never be that self confident.

I thought it was pretty humorous when Trump said these things earlier this week. He is obviously desperate. OF course, I don't care about the religion of the president as long as it doesn't interfere in political decisions, but Biden has spoken about how his faith has helped him during times of tragedy for decades. Trump doesn't even know the correct way to say II Corinthians. So, if anybody is hurting the Bible, it's Trump. Too bad his easily manipulated evangelicals don't get that.

If I were still an evangelical, I'd consider Trump to be the anti Christ. The Babble says that the anti Christ will fool a lot of people, so he fits the description in a lot of ways. :D

I thought it was pretty humorous when Trump said these things earlier this week. He is obviously desperate. OF course, I don't care about the religion of the president as long as it doesn't interfere in political decisions, but Biden has spoken about how his faith has helped him during times of tragedy for decades. Trump doesn't even know the correct way to say II Corinthians. So, if anybody is hurting the Bible, it's Trump. Too bad his easily manipulated evangelicals don't get that.

If I were still an evangelical, I'd consider Trump to be the anti Christ. The Babble says that the anti Christ will fool a lot of people, so he fits the description in a lot of ways. :D

Well, the argument could be made that evangelicals aren't giving the Bible a particularly good rap either so I guess like attracts like.

Give him a break; he's not a Christian personally nor particularly well-read, so it's hard for him to master the rhetoric of that faith when publically necessary.

Why hasn't God stricken Trump with leprosy, in light of his ongoing blasphemy? (I think I know why. I won't say, because it would hurt the Bible.)

Why hasn't God stricken Trump with leprosy, in light of his ongoing blasphemy? (I think I know why. I won't say, because it would hurt the Bible.)

Are we certain that he has not? The wealthy have nothing to fear from Hansen's disease; Indeed, God's repertoire of punishments has always been less effective against the powerful, and the lengthening centuries only accentuate this inequity. Famine, war, plague... you can always pay someone else to experience them these days.

Well, the Christian God is weak and insecure after all. Any elderly person could easily take him out.

I wouldn't be surprised if God has said, "Fuck you idiots, I'm going to catch up with Aziraphale and Crowley in the Andromeda Galaxy. You fuckers are on your own."

And that she said it a while back.

Same. I also grew up evangelical. I read the Left Behind books and all that. Seeing all this is making it really hard to keep my faith from reigniting. He checks all the boxes, even the really fucking weird ones, like the seven hills bearing his name (he has exactly seven towers that bear his name).

If he offers to rebuild the temple and then betrays Isreal, or makes some mandatory mark to be taken upon the body that bears his name, I wouldn't be surprised. The right wing blogosphere keep kicking up bullshit about vaccinations containing chips; but with the sheer amount of projection and outrage fatigue gamesmanship, I am secretly a little worried that the right-wing authoritarians are going to pull their own fuckery.

It wouldn't change my perspective on ethics, and it wouldn't impact the shape of that which is right... But I would have something to look forward to in a few years, at least.

Trump’s “Blasphemous” Attacks on Biden Are Nothing New For the Republican Party | The New Republic
Trump’s “Blasphemous” Attacks on Biden Were Torn From the Republican Hymnal

The president’s pearl-clutching critics have forgotten how defaming Democrats’ faith is a longstanding tradition for the GOP.

Trump’s latest slate of rhetorical outrages began with an interview with Geraldo Rivera on Thursday, during which he made a largely faith-based case against Joe Biden. “I’m in favor of the Bible, I’m in favor of the Second Amendment, right?” he said. “Biden’s against all these things. He’s against oil and gas, he’s against the Bible—essentially against religion, but against the Bible—and he’s against the Second Amendment.”

He would say the same hours later at a speech in Cleveland. “No religion, no anything,” he said. “Hurt the Bible, hurt God. He’s against God, he’s against guns.” At a White House press conference on Monday, Trump defended and explained himself by criticizing the Biden-Sanders unity task force: “If you look at the manifesto that they’ve come up with, and if you look at their stance on things having to do—very importantly—with aspects of religion and faith, I don’t think a man of deep religion would be agreeing to the Bernie Sanders plan.”
He thinks that Joe Biden wants to hurt God?

I'm reminded of this: Bertrand Russell: Nuns in Bathrobes
“From Bertrand Russell’s “An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish”: “I am sometimes shocked by the blasphemies of those who think themselves pious — for instance, the nuns who never take a bath without wearing a bathrobe all the time. When asked why, since no man can see them, they reply: ‘Oh, but you forget the good God.’ Apparently they conceive of the Deity as a Peeping Tom, whose omniscience enables him to see through bathroom walls, but who is foiled by bathrobes.”

Trump has done a lot of other religious theatrics, like hold up a Bible in front of a church.

Trump at the National Prayer Breakfast - he didn't love his enemies very much - dismissing Nancy Pelosi as a fraud when she claimed that she prays for him.
If Mr. Trump were capable of actual thought, he'd realize he endorses Mr. Biden with that talk. After all, anyone who can actually hurt God can hurt any enemy and cower any ally so they should be POTUS.

Donald Trump: If Joe Biden Wins, “There Will Be No God” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

What powers Joe Biden must have!

Trump in a recent rally:
… [Biden is] trying to go a little bit more right, like the fracking. “Oh, of course we’re gonna…” but six months [from now], he’s saying there’ll be “No fracking.” Which, I don’t think the people of Pennsylvania are thrilled with — do you agree? — considering that your taxes could quadruple.

I tell it all the time, Texas, right? Texas. They like oil! They like guns, right? In Texas, right? And they like God. So he comes out with a platform: “No oil. We don’t want oil!” This is during the… Democrat deal. “There will be no oil. There will be no God. There will be no guns.” This is not a good campaign!

I don't know about the dad, but Jesus swore off Texas after a single two-hour stretch in Estelline when he got four speeding tickets on the way to & from brunch. Plus a citation for not signaling a right. And he was on an ass. Named Ted.

Back
Top Bottom