• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump call to Bibby treason?

Harry Bosch

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Whoa, this could be big. It's being reported the Trump may have called Bibby to convince him to not accept the Hamas ceasefire in order to hurt Biden and Harris:

If so, this is a very serious violation of the Logan Act, and would be considered treason. This crazy election just might end up being Harris vs Vance!

Woodruff has already apologized for her comments, so don’t hold your breath.

Yep, won't hold my breath. I hate allegations based on "anonymous" sources. That's how Trump gets his intel. I'd withdraw the thread until further evidence if I could.

Whoa, this could be big. It's being reported the Trump may have called Bibby to convince him to not accept the Hamas ceasefire in order to hurt Biden and Harris:

Dude broke the law with his Zelensky phone call. Not much came of it. Other than it coming out which stopped Zelensky from needing to announce a fake investigation into Biden.

So I imagine this will end up with the same resolution.

Dude broke the law with his Zelensky phone call. Not much came of it.
I mean, he was impeached for it. The third of only four presidential impeachments in our nation's history. It's supposed to be the gravest of condemnations. People just don't mind about that. He certainly doesn't. It's seldom brought up at all, even by his "enemies".

Last edited:

Dude broke the law with his Zelensky phone call. Not much came of it. Other than it coming out which stopped Zelensky from needing to announce a fake investigation into Biden.

Didn't he call Zelensky when he was president?

Yes, and he broke a different law... ie he can't interfere with Congressionally appropriated spending (Impoundment Act). The military funds actually didn't even make it out in time and needed to be reauthorized by Congress.

:unsure: How does this felon keep committing felonies and getting away with it??

I sure hope the dems make a biggly deal out of if its true.

If so, this is a very serious violation of the Logan Act, and would be considered treason.
Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Regardless of what the Logan Act may say, Congress has no authority to make anything else treason. Israel is an ally.

A better comparison would be how he got Flynn to talk to the Russians on his behalf when he was still campaigning the first time back in 2016.

If so, this is a very serious violation of the Logan Act, and would be considered treason. This crazy election just might end up being Harris vs Vance!
It doesn't need to be considered treason to be a violation of the Logan Act
The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes the negotiation of a dispute between the United States and a foreign government by an unauthorized American citizen. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.
(  Logan_Act ).

According to Wikipedia, no one has ever been convicted of a violation of the act and the last person indicted was in 1852.

It doesn't need to be considered treason to be a violation of the Logan Act
The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes the negotiation of a dispute between the United States and a foreign government by an unauthorized American citizen. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.
(  Logan_Act ).

According to Wikipedia, no one has ever been convicted of a violation of the act and the last person indicted was in 1852.

NIxon and his henchmen were guilty of violating the Logan Act in 1968, but his perfidy was not exposed until years later. Reagan and his mob may have also violated the act in 1980, and perhaps were spurred on by Nixon getting away with his shenanigans 12 years earlier. It would not surprise me in the least of Dump has violated this act along with his many other crimes

If so, this is a very serious violation of the Logan Act, and would be considered treason.
Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Regardless of what the Logan Act may say, Congress has no authority to make anything else treason. Israel is an ally.
Logan Act, yes. Treason, no.

The Felon shouldn't be trying to engage in diplomacy, but it's not treason for him to try to so long as he doesn't pretend to actually speak for the US.

Logan Act, yes. Treason, no.

The Felon shouldn't be trying to engage in diplomacy, but it's not treason for him to try to so long as he doesn't pretend to actually speak for the US.
It's not treason even if he does pretend to actually speak for the US. Where the Constitution bars the government from doing something, it's rarely due to philosophical notions of what makes for good government. Declaring any random thing it didn't like to be treasonous is something the British government had a track record of doing.

The guy's never seeing jail for any long period of time, just accept it. At this point best we can hope for is him losing to Harris and then dying.

Back
Top Bottom