• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump can win without the EC

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
The phrase “Contingent Election” is going to be on the tip of every Faux Nooz host’s tongue in the not-too-distant future.
When the 270 EC vote threshold is not reached by any candidate, a “Contingent Election” is held, wherein each State delegation gets one vote.
Voilá, El Cheato is your president, same as if the 1/6 coup had succeeded.

This has happened twice before (first time in 1825) so it’s no long shot. It means that once again Trump can prevail through his usual means; wrecking things. He just needs to fuck up a few States’ elections and he will carry the day.

I hate to say it, but the guy needs to get too close to a window or something. Otherwise we are in for the shitshow of a lifetime.

The phrase “Contingent Election” is going to be on the tip of every Faux Nooz host’s tongue in the not-too-distant future.
When the 270 EC vote threshold is not reached by any candidate, a “Contingent Election” is held, wherein each State delegation gets one vote.

This has happened twice before (first time in 1825) so it’s no long shot. It means that once again Trump can prevail through his usual means; wrecking things. He just needs to fuck up a few States’ elections and he will carry the day.

I hate to say it, but the guy needs to get too close to a window or something. Otherwise we are in for the shitshow of a lifetime.
I hate to say it, but I agree with my republican friends that the EC sucks and we should reform our election system. Make it more transparent. Less looseygoosey. HOWEVER, lets reform it before BEFORE the election! Not after! Trumpsters want to reform it after to find the system that will get their guys elected.

This is only possible if states like Georgia play along. It really is a scorched Earth tactic, that while Trump is ready to rule over the smoldering ashes of our democracy, there seem to be just enough Republicans left to put a stop to it. McConnell did as much in late January 6th, 2021. We are much closer to the tipping point, however, than we have been in a long time.

while Trump is ready to rule over the smoldering ashes of our democracy, there seem to be just enough Republicans left to put a stop to it.

“Seem…just enough” doesn’t exactly reassure me of anything. Especially since not a single one of those presumed heroes has seen fit to raise their voice in defense of democracy. Self preservation is their first priority, not preserving democracy. Offer them a high position in the New Order of Kleptocracy, and they’ll jump at the chance.
McConnell is just as complicit as Matty Gaetz.

This is only possible if states like Georgia play along.
Any reason to think the Q-Party led GA legislature WON’T play along? Or AZ? Or WI?
We are much closer to the tipping point, however, than we have been in a long time.
I can’t think in terms of tipping points any more.
It has tipped: The Z (TrumPutin) Party is 100% dedicated to the destruction of American democracy, and it’s “moderate” members are never going to do one god damned thing about it.
If we don’t face this fact NOW, we will elect the kleptocrats and will find ourselves stupidly wondering how we got where we will be by 2026.

Back
Top Bottom