• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Digs In

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
This just in...

Trump building fence around White House fence.

Will be completed by tonight.

250 National Guard on tap to be added soon. Probably checking voter registration before allowing them in the compound.

Federal authorities were expected to re-erect a “non-scalable” fence around the White House on Monday, a day before a presidential election many fear may lead to mass protest, civil unrest and even armed insurrection.

Amid speculation that the election result will not be immediately known and signs Republicans will either declare victory early or mount legal challenges if Donald Trump appears to have lost, multiple news outlets reported the White House plan, citing anonymous sources.

“The White House on lockdown,” the NBC News White House correspondent, Geoff Bennett, wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

“A federal law enforcement source tells NBC that beginning tomorrow, crews will build a ‘non-scalable’ fence to secure the [White House] complex, Ellipse and Lafayette Square. Two hundred and fifty national guardsmen have been put on standby, reporting to metro police officials.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/02/white-house-non-scaleable-fence-election

I saw them on the news erecting it now.

Wow, Trump is just a crappier sober version of Boris Yeltsin. Shitty dance moves and all.

Scoop: Trump's plan to declare premature victory

President Trump has told confidants he'll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he's "ahead," according to three sources familiar with his private comments. That's even if the Electoral College outcome still hinges on large numbers of uncounted votes in key states like Pennsylvania.

What an image - that the loser seals himself in a compound.

I think he might want the fence just in case that landslide doesn't happen and he is desperate to keep all the cheering as far from the White House as he legally can.
Oh my god, I seriously thought you were joking.
Preparing for a coup?

A coup can't happen without military and Secret Service support. It is hard to imagine he has that. I don't think the military brass gives a fuck what Pompeo says.

I think he might want the fence just in case that landslide doesn't happen and he is desperate to keep all the cheering as far from the White House as he legally can.
Preparing for a coup?

A coup can't happen without military and Secret Service support. It is hard to imagine he has that. I don't think the military brass gives a fuck what Pompeo says.

Well, last time he felt he had to hide in the WH, when we butthurt him with enough mockery he decided to desecrate a church and audition for Antichrist.

I'm not 100% convinced he won't make a play for the football and burn the world down this time.

My understanding is that the Mayor of DC erected the fence, which was previously erected during the FLoyd riots, out of extreme caution around potential election related violence, regardless of outcome.
So, no, Trump STILL hasn't built a wall. The Mayor did, unprompted from political parties.

Preparing for a coup?

Well, last time he felt he had to hide in the WH, when we butthurt him with enough mockery he decided to desecrate a church and audition for Antichrist.

I'm not 100% convinced he won't make a play for the football and burn the world down this time.
Secret Service Agent 1: He's trying to authorize a nuclear strike, get him!
Secret Service Agent 2: Man this is weird... *huff*
Secret Service Leader: We have orders to shot on site.
Secret Service Agent 1/2: Really?
Secret Service Leader: Yup.
Secret Service Agents 1 to 56: DIBS!!!
My understanding is that the Mayor of DC erected the fence, which was previously erected during the FLoyd riots, out of extreme caution around potential election related violence, regardless of outcome.
So, no, Trump STILL hasn't built a wall. The Mayor did, unprompted from political parties.
Why in the heck did it take this long for that to come out?

Preparing for a coup?

It's not as automatic as the movies make it out to be. There's a general who's going to ask, 'Drop the nukes? On who, sir? In response to what?' To prevent any atrocities.
Also, if it's not a reaction to someone else's aggression, if we just throw bombs out of the blue, there will be a response from....everybody. so our forces need to be on a proper footing to be ready. It'll take time. And it won't be terribly secret.
I mean, i don't know if Trump will alert Congress or the Democrats in Congress that we are at war, but every stripper near an Army or Navy base will know the DEFCON shift within ten minutes..
Every WalMart cashier in Norfolk will know what ships got pushed to sea early....
Every bartender in Silverdale or Kings Bay will be able to discuss the target packages being transmitted to the subs.....

Why in the heck did it take this long for that to come out?

The way it came across my view was via Wolf Blitzer. He stated "breaking News" that "Trump" is placing a "non-scaleable" fense up around the white house in the middle of the night before election day.... then they went to commercial. When the returned from commercial, they had someone on the ground in front of the fence being assembled who told the actual story that the MAYOR ordered the fence put back up, that was previously up.
So, it took about 2 1/2 minutes of a commercial break for that to "come out".

Citation? Because everything I've read is that these barriers are being erected by "federal authorities". The local mayor has no authority over feds.

Back
Top Bottom