• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump is not just a bad choice . . . It’s existential

:ROFLMAO: Such drama.

You guys better start clearing your browser history now before Trump comes for y’all.
I used to wonder how people could elect dictators.

Unfortunately, it's become all too obvious this year.
Which dictators have been elected this year? Do you have a handy list? Here is one
If you could tick off the dictators elected this year it would help us all. And Starmer in the UK does not count.
If you had actually been paying attention, you would know Trump actually loves dictators. He declared he and Kim Jong Un "fell in love." He said Putin's invasion of Ukraine was "smart." He just hosted Hungary dictator Orban to a fabulous time in his country club.
I was replying to LP about dictators being elected, presumably he meant this year. I know Trump seems to like them but that is not what LP wrote about.
He obviously wants to join the dictator club and the Supreme Court just granted him that right.
Any future (and the current) president of the USA 'benefits' from that recent decision. It is not a Trump-specific decision IIRC.
LP was obviously referring to November 2024, which is this year.
Loren could have been a bit more precise.
Today in Australia it is 15/07/2024, not 05/11/2024.
Trump has not been elected yet, nor has Biden. It would be most regrettable and unfortunate if Trump were elected as he is unfit for the office. But so is Biden for other reasons.

I do not envy you Yanks' choices on 05/11.

And the rest of us have to put up with the choice you make. Could you please, please select better candidates next time?

Last edited:

You guys better start clearing your browser history now before Trump comes for y’all.

Which dictators have been elected this year? Do you have a handy list? Here is one
If you could tick off the dictators elected this year it would help us all. And Starmer in the UK does not count.
If you had actually been paying attention, you would know Trump actually loves dictators. He declared he and Kim Jong Un "fell in love." He said Putin's invasion of Ukraine was "smart." He just hosted Hungary dictator Orban to a fabulous time in his country club.
I was replying to LP about dictators being elected, presumably he meant this year. I know Trump seems to like them but that is not what LP wrote about.
He obviously wants to join the dictator club and the Supreme Court just granted him that right.
Any future (and the current) president of the USA 'benefits' from that recent decision. It is not a Trump-specific decision IIRC.
LP was obviously referring to November 2024, which is this year.
Loren could have been a bit more precise.
Today in Australia it is 15/07/2024, not 05/11/2024.
Trump has not been elected yet, nor has Biden. It would be most regrettable and unfortunate if Trump were elected as he is unfit for the office. But so is Biden for other reasons.

I do not envy you Yanks' choices on 05/11.

And the rest of us have to put up with the choice you make. Could you please, please select better candidates next time?
You also can be more precise. You are apparently answering my post, yet refer to "you Yanks". So, that part should be more specific as to whether it is in reply to me (in which case it is off target) or a general statement to the forum.

Sure; And leaving my front door unlocked benefits both my family and anyone who wants to come in and trash the place.

But if I am worried about the place getting trashed because I left the door unlocked, it's not my family who are worrying me, even though leaving the place open wasn't a vandal-specific decision.
It's also worth pointing out the current composition of the Supreme Court is extremely motivated to give Trump anything he wants whilst conversely impede Biden in every which way possible.

The SC decision only benefits a President if he is performing an official act. Take a wild fucking guess who gets to decide what is official and what isn't.

Sure; And leaving my front door unlocked benefits both my family and anyone who wants to come in and trash the place.

But if I am worried about the place getting trashed because I left the door unlocked, it's not my family who are worrying me, even though leaving the place open wasn't a vandal-specific decision.
It's also worth pointing out the current composition of the Supreme Court is extremely motivated to give Trump anything he wants whilst conversely impede Biden in every which way possible.

The SC decision only benefits a President if he is performing an official act. Take a wild fucking guess who gets to decide what is official and what isn't.
Today Trump, after 05/11/2024 who knows?

I do. Either it will be President Trump or it will be 2028 republican nominee Trump. Spoiler alert - same guy.

No, they don't. The SC(R)OTUS decision means it's up to the judiciary whether an act is "official", which means functionally that it's down to whether they have an (R) or not.

I do. Either it will be President Trump or it will be 2028 republican nominee Trump. Spoiler alert - same guy.
Sounds like you have given up already though you are an Aussie

So I guess that you, like many others here, think that Trump engineering that decision?
False dichotomy. He doesn't need to be engineering the whole plan himself for the plan to exist, and just because he may not be engineering things himself, doesn't mean we have no reason to be concerned about it.

No--I'm not saying any were elected. I'm saying it's clear how they are elected--because people refuse to see the truth even when it's shoved in their face.

Reactions: SLD

No--I'm not saying any were elected. I'm saying it's clear how they are elected--because people refuse to see the truth even when it's shoved in their face.
Precisely. Trump wants to be a dictator. He’s made that clear. Whether we let him depends on many factors. One of the key is for people to engage in protests. He may try to tamp down on them. But that could backfire on him.

Back
Top Bottom