• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump is scared of Bernie, circa leaked 2018 recording

2018 saw more of the younger voter cohorts voting than the Boomers and Silent generation. This gave the Democrats the 2018 off year election blow out. Trump? He got his big tax cuts, mainly for the rich and bog corporations. And wants to pay for it by slashing Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, eliminating ACA, and hacking at many other programs. FFvC wants to make this his big project for 2021 after he wins re-election. And of course continuing attacks on planned parenthood, birth control, and other women's issues. After the primaries, when it is a Democrat vs. Trump, it won't be decided on name calling. Trump and the GOP are going to eat it because women voted 52% to men's 48% in 2018, and Trump and the GOP are energizing women to turn out big time.

Never mind the polls, Real Clear Politics gives us a wide range from Trump +2 to Trump -12. Polling like this is meaningless. But when you ignore the horse race polling and look deeper at issue polling, women do not like Trump.

Trump's words about slashing everything from anti-pollution regulations to social program slashing to screwing up America's health care is going to come back to bite him on his droopy butt big time. Hillary Clinton isn't on the ballot, but Trump's slash and burn program will be.

Economic Anxiety Didn’t Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

Wait, I thought it was Russian bots that made people vote for Trump (along with Brexit, Boris Johnson and Canada and stuff).
Okay: wait, and think some more.
Q. What was included in the content of the targeted messages of those Russian bots?
A. One thing that was included was an appeal to racism.

No I do not.

I use nicknames when the person lends themselves to one, regardless of race and gender.

who make the news in any context and how you use the familiar names for women and brown people rather than their family names as is customarily appropriate for those you don’t know or respect.
Bullshit. I use the name most evocative or that is a better identifier because the last name is too common or shared with somebody else.
So I use "Hillary" because "Clinton" evokes Bill, first of his name. I also use Bernie. I use Warren because "Elizabeth" is both longer and very generic.
But you only complain when I use first names of non-whites or females. That says more about your total immersion in identity politics, and not anything about me.

Honestly the way you talk about certain groups of people rivals Trump. I’m not saying this to insult you but because you seem genuinely unaware of how your choice of words comes across. Honestly, you destroy any valid point you might have with what seems to be pretty explicit sexism and racism.
Again bullshit. I use same words regardless of race and gender. I should not have to walk on proverbial eggshells when I refer to somebody who is female or non-white.
If I can Say Bernie I should be equally be able to say Hillary. Or Trayvon for that matter. :)
If insulting nicknames for white male Trump are politically correct, then insulting nicknames for female and/or non-white politicians should be as acceptable.

Anything else is rank double standard. But who am I kidding. Weaponizing double standards is one of the chief pillars of identity politics!

What's yer nickname for Trump, then?
At least dumbo W had nicknames for everybody, not just opponents.

I’m really not thinking of politicians but of ordinary citizens. We know your posting history, Derec. I’ve called you out on this aspect of your posts many times.

And as I already told you, it's your perception bias.
For example the reason I said "Trayvon" and not "Martin" is that "Martin" is much more common and usually a first name anyway. "Trayvon" is a much better one-word identifier in an informal forum like this. Michael Brown was just as black as St. Trayvon, but I never used "Michael" with him because that name is just too common. My choice of what identifier to use had nothing to do with race. It's just that you are hypersensitive on race and gender and see racism and sexism everywhere.
View attachment 25856

To get back to the 2020 field, Hillary is a far better identifier than "Clinton" which primarily refers to the only president we've had with that last name and not to Hillary...

or could it be that "Brown" and "Trayvon" each, in a different way, dog whistles the named person's race in a way that "Michael" and "Martin" don't?

Derec.... when you learn "systems", everything is sexist, everything is racist and you have to point is all out. [/sarkesian]

Back
Top Bottom