• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Looses Again and Again and Again

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/su...nd-republicans-to-overturn-the-2020-election/

President Donald Trump has lost in court once again.

“The Supreme Court on Friday rejected an audacious lawsuit by Texas that had asked the court to throw out the presidential election results in four battleground states captured by President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.,” The New York Times reported Friday. “The court, in a brief unsigned order, said Texas lacked standing to pursue the case, saying it ‘has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections.'”

“The move, coupled with a one-sentence order on Tuesday turning away a similar request from Pennsylvania Republicans, signaled that the court has refused to be drawn into President Trump’s losing campaign to overturn the results of the election last month,” the newspaper reported.

Nyahhhhh! Nyahhhhh! Nyahhhhhhhhh! Only three days until the electoral college makes Biden's win official.

Trump has found the theme for every day that remains to him. He will still be saying that his victory was stolen in the last moments before his KFC-induced coronary. As his hand drops the greasy bucket, he'll be muttering 'Stolen!' Just imagine the saps who have to live in his orbit and hear this every day, every hour.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/su...nd-republicans-to-overturn-the-2020-election/

“The Supreme Court on Friday rejected an audacious lawsuit by Texas that had asked the court to throw out the presidential election results in four battleground states captured by President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.,” The New York Times reported Friday. “The court, in a brief unsigned order, said Texas lacked standing to pursue the case, saying it ‘has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections.'”

“The move, coupled with a one-sentence order on Tuesday turning away a similar request from Pennsylvania Republicans, signaled that the court has refused to be drawn into President Trump’s losing campaign to overturn the results of the election last month,” the newspaper reported.

Nyahhhhh! Nyahhhhh! Nyahhhhhhhhh! Only three days until the electoral college makes Biden's win official.

Only three days until Trump initiates a violent coup.

The mystery which may never be solved is why some of the best legal minds in this country couldn't see a flaw in the law suit that could be spotted by a first year law student.

Maybe Paxton was throwing a hail Mary pass, going for a pardon. It certainly can't be because he thought it would work.

It is only a matter of time before one or more of his idiot followers kills someone or some number of people.

The mystery which may never be solved is why some of the best legal minds in this country couldn't see a flaw in the law suit that could be spotted by a first year law student.

Maybe Paxton was throwing a hail Mary pass, going for a pardon. It certainly can't be because he thought it would work.

Pardon--Well, what's in it for TRump now?

Ken Paxton is in all sorts of legal trouble for rank corruption in office. He is facing all sorts of legal investigations. He is as dumb as a bag of rocks. Not much careful thinking goes on with Paxton.

The impotent whiner isn't going to initiate anything. If anything, he will try to get someone else to initiate something for his benefit, per his usual modus operandi.

I sincerely wonder WTF that might be, considering his limited options. Maybe a few of his idiots are stupid and suicidal enough to go out in the street and start flinging lead randomly, but even if so... to what end? It's not like they can do the kind of damage that Trump's own inaction (aka dereliction of duty) has wrought upon US citizens, with thousands dying every day for weeks and months on end.
Even if there are hundreds - or even thousands - of suicidal trumpanzees willing to sacrifice their lives on the altar of Trump's whimpering, it's doubtful (to me) that the lot of them can do anything to rival the body count of Trump's own negligence.

Anyone want to take a shot at what this coming coup/farce might look like? I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason, Monty Python is the only image that persistently comes to mind.

"Trump Looses Again and Again and Again"

My kid is of the opinion Trump lost one time - the election. We've just been binge-watching that loss for the last month.

The impotent whiner isn't going to initiate anything. If anything, he will try to get someone else to initiate something for his benefit, per his usual modus operandi.

I sincerely wonder WTF that might be, considering his limited options. Maybe a few of his idiots are stupid and suicidal enough to go out in the street and start flinging lead randomly, but even if so... to what end? It's not like they can do the kind of damage that Trump's own inaction (aka dereliction of duty) has wrought upon US citizens, with thousands dying every day for weeks and months on end.
Even if there are hundreds - or even thousands - of suicidal trumpanzees willing to sacrifice their lives on the altar of Trump's whimpering, it's doubtful (to me) that the lot of them can do anything to rival the body count of Trump's own negligence.

Anyone want to take a shot at what this coming coup/farce might look like? I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason, Monty Python is the only image that persistently comes to mind.

Absolutely! What’s likely to happen is some fucking tweet of his, he just tweeted fight on, is going to instigate violence on the part of his supporters, Who will take the tweet literally. Then there will be a spiral of violence and trump will declare an emergency. The troops will be called to suppress an uprising. He’ll use DoJ troops. He can’t trust the military. I really fear something like this, but you’re right, he’ll distance himself from the actual instigation. But never doubt that he’s behind it all along.

I don't think it's about victory, but muddying the waters enough to throw it to the House.

I don't think it's about victory, but muddying the waters enough to throw it to the House.

That would BE victory.
The scary thing is he has nukes, and may well have people who would follow his command to use them.
If that's what it takes to "muddy the waters" he will try to do it.

Which currently has a Democratic majority, so that's a hail Mary thrown into the stands.

Which currently has a Democratic majority, so that's a hail Mary thrown into the stands.

If it goes to the House each state gets one vote...

That would BE victory.
The scary thing is he has nukes, and may well have people who would follow his command to use them.
If that's what it takes to "muddy the waters" he will try to do it.

I mean that the court challenges are not expected to win.

No--it's one vote per state. The Republicans win, democracy dies.

Back
Top Bottom