• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump on Carbon Dioxide

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Journey to Antarctica: What Scientists Think of Trump’s Latest Climate Tweet

President Trump recently tweeted
Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace: “The whole climate crisis is not only Fake News, it’s Fake Science. There is no climate crisis, there’s weather and climate all around the world, and in fact carbon dioxide is the main building block of all life.” @foxandfriends Wow!
From the article:
A few minutes later, I showed Trump’s tweet to Lars Boehme, who seized onto a line in the tweet about carbon dioxide being “one of the main building blocks of life.” It’s a well-worn talking point for climate deniers. “You like carbon dioxide so much?” Boehme mused. “Try putting a plastic bag over your head and see how that works out.”

Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace: “The whole climate crisis is not only Fake News, it’s Fake Science. There is no climate crisis, there’s weather and climate all around the world, and in fact carbon dioxide is the main building block of all life.” @foxandfriends Wow!
From the article:
A few minutes later, I showed Trump’s tweet to Lars Boehme, who seized onto a line in the tweet about carbon dioxide being “one of the main building blocks of life.” It’s a well-worn talking point for climate deniers. “You like carbon dioxide so much?” Boehme mused. “Try putting a plastic bag over your head and see how that works out.”

There is lots of readily available, well explained research that any layperson (like myself) can easily understand about how it is known that it is fossil fuel burning related CO2 that is causing warming of the earth's climate.

I don't see what is so difficult about it. It has nothing to do with Left/Right politics.

People suck.

'If a little is good, more must be better' is a common error amongst people with no experience of reality.

I agree. But it is funny how many people on the left (including you) employ the same fallacy when it comes to immigration. I.e. just because some immigration is good, that does not mean that unrestricted mass migration is good.

There is lots of readily available, well explained research that any layperson (like myself) can easily understand about how it is known that it is fossil fuel burning related CO2 that is causing warming of the earth's climate.

I don't see what is so difficult about it. It has nothing to do with Left/Right politics.

People suck.

Indeed. The science is pretty well established. The real disagreement is in what to do about it. Accepting reality of climate change should not mean that we must subscribe to left-wing prescriptions to solve it, farting cows and job guarantees and all.

People suck.
I'm surprised that the Texas education board didn't require modifying the chemical equation in chemistry books for burning hydrocarbons from:
Fuel + O2 → CO2 + H2O

to

Fuel + O2 → * + H2O

Remember dear Michele Bachmann, from ten years ago, in that brain-drilling 'singing-electric-wire' voice of hers: "Mister Speaker, carbon dioxide is a natural substance!!!" Equaled by the GOP Congressman (or Senator, I forget) who disproved climate change by bringing a snowball into the chamber.

'If a little is good, more must be better' is a common error amongst people with no experience of reality.

I agree. But it is funny how many people on the left (including you) employ the same fallacy when it comes to immigration. I.e. just because some immigration is good, that does not mean that unrestricted mass migration is good.

who is suggesting "unrestricted mass migration"? No one. Not one single person.

Equally ignorant to "if little is good, more is better" is "If there is one argument, then there must exist the exact opposite argument".

From the article:

More Trump idiocy on wind energy.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3PASPZR_KM[/YOUTUBE]

Wait, wasn't there a conservative claim a while back, that the CO2 bubbles in Seltzer water were damaging the brains of leftists?
Or was that 700 club?

Yesterday, the Orange One couldn't pronounce 'origin' and claimed his dad was born in Germany. He's got somethin' goin' on in his brain.
(I'm sure they'll save it today by claiming he meant his grand-dad...the Heinie whoremaster who came to America and opened a chain of gentleman's 'sporting clubs.')

Back
Top Bottom