• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump/Putin meeting predictions and fallout

Jayjay

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
An accurate worldview or philosophy
I'm going to make a bold prediction:

Putin will extradite Edward Snowden to US. Big victory for Trump!

Haven't seen this one being discussed a lot, mostly the consensus seems to be that either Trump will just "get his orders" from Putin, or that it'll go like Trump's meeting with Kim and some vague "deal" sketched on a napkin. But I think Putin has given this a lot of thought, even though Trump probably hasn't. Right now Trump needs a victory, something he can show off back home as a win, to divert attention away from the investigation. Edward Snowden is the perfect pawn to be sacrificed here. First, he's not helping out Russia that much anymore in discrediting America, that's old news. Second, his leaks were Obama-era problems... easily framed as just one of Obama's failures that Trump had to fix, just like those hackers that were indicted recently. And third, Snowden was colluding with "fake news" like Washington Post and New York Times. And most importantly, it would make big enough splash to distract from Mueller investigation for a while, as the 24-hour news would follow the Snowden trial for several months.

For Putin, this would be a perfect play. Snowden has been seeking asylum elsewhere, and eventually he might be able to relocate to, say, Switzerland, out of Putin's reach. There is no reason not to play this card, if he can get concessions from Trump in return. Such a gesture would justify Trump not enforcing the sanctions on Russia, as well as his calls to invite Russia back to G8 and forget all about Crimea.

Of course, my prediction will probably turn out to be false in less than 48 hours. What are your expectations for the summit, if it's even going to happen?

One big problem for that prediction is that Snowden would then incriminate the Tangerine Wankmaggot.

My prediction is that the shitgibbon will break up the UN and/or NATO, and gift the US to Russia, starting with Alaska.

I doubt that very much. As much as Putin is Putin he is on record for not willing to give up Snowden.
He is too valuable to propaganda regardless of who is POTUS.

I doubt that very much. As much as Putin is Putin he is on record for not willing to give up Snowden.
His propaganda value has diminished over time. And it's not as if Putin going "on record" means he can't change his mind, only in the interest of improving international relations for the good of Russia of course.

His propaganda value has diminished over time. And it's not as if Putin going "on record" means he can't change his mind, only in the interest of improving international relations for the good of Russia of course.
I think it's clear that Trump can not improve anything with Russia or anyone. he is only good as a tool of chaos and disarray.
Yes, Snowden is slightly forgotten but sending him back to US would look very bad on Putin without any benefit.

Last edited:
One big problem for that prediction is that Snowden would then incriminate the Tangerine Wankmaggot.

My current favorite name for him was "weasel-headed fucknugget." Read that on a Scottish Twitter feed.

That aside, apparently on Monday morning the head of the Congressional "Freedom" Caucus is planning to introduce impeachment proceedings against Rod Rosenstein.

Apparently indicting our Russian friends is an impeachable offense.

I was reading about this. It looks like the GOP dosen't have the votes to send the charges to the Senate and no way do they have the votes to convict.

Of course, this could give DoucheNozzle the justification to fire Rosenstein.

Later,
ElectEngr

Golan Heights. Didn't see that coming.

My current favorite name for him was "weasel-headed fucknugget." Read that on a Scottish Twitter feed.

That aside, apparently on Monday morning the head of the Congressional "Freedom" Caucus is planning to introduce impeachment proceedings against Rod Rosenstein.

Apparently indicting our Russian friends is an impeachable offense.

Well, of course it is.

Your problem is that you think we're supposed to be loyal to America just because Republicans are part of the American government. That kind of thinking is so 2015.

Disclaimer: I recognize that most Republicans are white, therefore it was wrong of me to suggest that treason is a bad thing. Certain posters around here are likely to be offended that I have criticized white politicians just because said politicians appear to be working for a hostile foreign power. I deeply apologize for "bashing" white politicians. I do it because I'm an evil Social Justice Warrior who wants to steel ur free speechz.

I disagree, as Snowden wasn't about propaganda... he was about exposing the truth. That he needs to hide out in Russia because of the truth is unbearably 'ironic'.

I'm Scottish born & bred...we can be very inventive with insults.

I disagree, as Snowden wasn't about propaganda... he was about exposing the truth. That he needs to hide out in Russia because of the truth is unbearably 'ironic'.
Russia had nothing to do with what Snowden did, but naturally Russia giving him asylum has a big propaganda value. Anyway he seems safe for now.

Yes, and Putin likes the irony.

Watching Fox News. Bizarre. Hannity and someone else are lamenting how very few Americans knew how much America was spending on defense, and thank Trump for bringing it up in the NATO meeting.

As if Republicans are the party that would ever cut defense. :rolleyes:

Trump at Summit Interview said:
So I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Thank you.
I need to get to the White House and offer Trump a deal on a big bridge in New York City. "Imagine it, Donnie... the Donald Trump Bridge! Hundreds of thousands of people crossing it, thinking your name."

press conference said:
REPORTER: Can you tell me what President Trump may have indicated to you about officially recognizing Crimea as part of Russia? And then secondly, sir, does the Russian government have any compromising material on President Trump or his family?

PUTIN: chuckles The posture of President Trump on Crimea is well known and he stands firmly by it, he continue to maintain that it was illegal to annex it. We our viewpoint is different. We held a referendum in strict compliance with the UN Charter and international legislation.

For us, this issue, we put unintelligible to this issue. And now to the compromising material.

Yeah, I did heard these rumors that we allegedly collected compromising material on Mr. Trump when he was visiting Moscow. Our distinguished colleague let me tell you this when President Trump visited Moscow back then I didn't even know that he was in Moscow. I treat President Trump with utmost respect. But back then, when he was a private individual a businessman, nobody informed me that he wasn't in Moscow.

But let's take St. Petersburg economic forum, for instance. There were over 500 American businessmen - the high ranking the high level ones, I don't even remember the last name. So each and every one of them. Do you think that we tried to collect compromise in which each and every single one of them? Well, it's difficult to imagine and utter nonsense of a bigger scale than this.

Well please just disregard these issues and don't think about this anymore again.
Notice the lack of any actual denial? Heck, he even seemed to have included a veiled threat in there.

If Putin says "oh I don't even remember the last name" you can bet he memorized the other 499 names.

Seriously though, Putin makes a sensible argument. But he's a KGB spook so maybe it's too sensible to be true. Sure he wouldn't remember a random businessman, but if Trump was groomed by Russia to be their agent, it would be a different situation.

If Putin says "oh I don't even remember the last name" you can bet he memorized the other 499 names.

Seriously though, Putin makes a sensible argument. But he's a KGB spook so maybe it's too sensible to be true. Sure he wouldn't remember a random businessman, but if Trump was groomed by Russia to be their agent, it would be a different situation.
Trump was getting his funding from Russia. Putin at the very least knew.

Trump at Summit Interview said:
So I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Thank you.
I need to get to the White House and offer Trump a deal on a big bridge in New York City. "Imagine it, Donnie... the Donald Trump Bridge! Hundreds of thousands of people crossing it, thinking your name."

press conference said:
REPORTER: Can you tell me what President Trump may have indicated to you about officially recognizing Crimea as part of Russia? And then secondly, sir, does the Russian government have any compromising material on President Trump or his family?

PUTIN: chuckles The posture of President Trump on Crimea is well known and he stands firmly by it, he continue to maintain that it was illegal to annex it. We our viewpoint is different. We held a referendum in strict compliance with the UN Charter and international legislation.

For us, this issue, we put unintelligible to this issue. And now to the compromising material.

Yeah, I did heard these rumors that we allegedly collected compromising material on Mr. Trump when he was visiting Moscow. Our distinguished colleague let me tell you this when President Trump visited Moscow back then I didn't even know that he was in Moscow. I treat President Trump with utmost respect. But back then, when he was a private individual a businessman, nobody informed me that he wasn't in Moscow.

But let's take St. Petersburg economic forum, for instance. There were over 500 American businessmen - the high ranking the high level ones, I don't even remember the last name. So each and every one of them. Do you think that we tried to collect compromise in which each and every single one of them? Well, it's difficult to imagine and utter nonsense of a bigger scale than this.

Well please just disregard these issues and don't think about this anymore again.
Notice the lack of any actual denial? Heck, he even seemed to have included a veiled threat in there.
He always speak like that, even to his wife :) You can't beat KGB training out of him.

Dotard in Chief's end game is to do business with russian oligarchs. He'd suck on Putin's balls if it would get him a couple towers, and that's basically what he's doing. He doesn't give a shit about anything else. There's no fucking intrigue, just pure greed, and he'd sell his fucking wife and kids to get it.

Back
Top Bottom