• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump threatens to deport pro Palestinian protesters!

As a former F1 visa holder, my understanding is that any somewhat serious crime like theft will deport you, as a result of university expulsion, not because US laws have such punishment. Police, probably, would not even report you to the university for some minor crap.
As for the protest vandalism, don't know, considering money they pay for "education", I think it's still a good deal for university, even with occasional vandalism :D
We aren't really talking about visa holders, we are talking about citizens.

Trump was talking about citizens Barbos.

He was talking about making people stateless in response for political speech.

He was talking about making people stateless in response for political speech.
Meh. A minor distinction. A President should be able to lock up, deport, execute or disappear anyone they want to.
Right, babs? It’s the TrumPutin way!

As a former F1 visa holder, my understanding is that any somewhat serious crime like theft will deport you,

Permanent resident/ green card holders of the US can be deported if the crime is serious enough. IIRC, a DUI could be enough to get you deported. And I seem to remember that a naturalized resident had their citizenship revoked for a major tax fraud some years ago.

Visas always come with restrictions no matter what country issues them. A visa holder does not have the same rights as a US citizen.

As a former F1 visa holder, my understanding is that any somewhat serious crime like theft will deport you, as a result of university expulsion, not because US laws have such punishment. Police, probably, would not even report you to the university for some minor crap.
As for the protest vandalism, don't know, considering money they pay for "education", I think it's still a good deal for university, even with occasional vandalism :D
My understanding is that any crime that could get a year sentence is enough to yeet you out. It's not something I've paid much attention to, by the time the internet was around she was a citizen and thus unyeetable.

As a former F1 visa holder, my understanding is that any somewhat serious crime like theft will deport you,

Permanent resident/ green card holders of the US can be deported if the crime is serious enough. IIRC, a DUI could be enough to get you deported. And I seem to remember that a naturalized resident had their citizenship revoked for a major tax fraud some years ago.

Visas always come with restrictions no matter what country issues them. A visa holder does not have the same rights as a US citizen.
AFIAK the only way to be stripped of citizenship is to show that there was something fraudulent about your application.

Furthermore, not all countries allow dual citizenship. If someone takes up citizenship with a new country (as my wife did after marrying me) sometimes you have to give up the old (as she did.) To strip citizenship would be to make her stateless, something that's not supposed to be permitted. (Works the other way around, also--to renounce US citizenship you are required to show citizenship in some other country.)

Back
Top Bottom