• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

Overreactions are excellent buying opportunities.

Yeah, Trump has created a day-trader's paradise. In fact parasites in general seem to be thriving under his regime.

Um, not just day trading. I bought in half of my IRA contribution for this year yesterday.

It can go a lot lower very easily, I think, but I think it's a good place be at for my first contribution to 2020.

Turns out that today would have been a few points better...
I am always amazed though, how things balance out over time. Thing is, as we get older - which we all come to realize is inevitable if we live long enough - there is less and less time for letting things balance out. So although this situation is becoming tempting, I'm going to sit it out. Another 15% and I'd jump in to some extent...

Um, not just day trading. I bought in half of my IRA contribution for this year yesterday.

It can go a lot lower very easily, I think, but I think it's a good place be at for my first contribution to 2020.

I am always amazed though, how things balance out over time. Thing is, as we get older - which we all come to realize is inevitable if we live long enough - there is less and less time for letting things balance out. So although this situation is becoming tempting, I'm going to sit it out. Another 15% and I'd jump in to some extent...
Yes, I try not expect/hope to hit the trough. I just try to be content that it's way better than if I had invested earlier :)

I'm mostly invested in target-date funds, and currently overshooting my target-date at that, because I'm still in my early 30s.

Yes, I try not expect/hope to hit the trough. I just try to be content that it's way better than if I had invested earlier :)

I'm mostly invested in target-date funds, and currently overshooting my target-date at that, because I'm still in my early 30s.

Meh - if you're in your early 30s you shouldn't even be thinking about it, unless you anticipate needing those funds before you're 50-something. Just keep investing as you are able, dollar cost averaging along the way to stay away from massive tax liabilities... there's virtually no way you can lose short of a dictator taking over the country.
Oh, wait... never mind...

U.S. workers without protective gear assisted coronavirus evacuees, HHS whistleblower says

Officials at the Department of Health and Human Services sent more than a dozen workers to receive the first Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, without proper training for infection control or appropriate protective gear, according to a whistleblower complaint.

The workers did not show symptoms of infection and were not tested for the virus, according to lawyers for the whistleblower, a senior HHS official based in Washington who oversees workers at the Administration for Children and Families, a unit within HHS.

The whistleblower is seeking federal protection, alleging she was unfairly and improperly reassigned after raising concerns about the safety of these workers to HHS officials, including those within the office of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar. She was told Feb. 19 that if she does not accept the new position in 15 days, which is March 5, she would be terminated.

The whistleblower has decades of experience in the field, received two HHS department awards from Azar last year and has received the highest performance evaluations, her lawyers said.

Shades of the post-9/11 response, with cleanup crew at Ground Zero not being issued appropriate protective gear.

Chris Hayes is alleging on Twitter that the CA case that stumped authorities yesterday, with no obvious link to travel, is right in the vicinity of one of receiving airbases.

So naturally a reporter reminds Trump of his hoax comment today, and naturally Trump dissembles, rambles and evades. I can't actually recall the last time he submitted to a forensic interrogation by any of the non-Fox crowd. The WH Press Corps is apparently happy to just shout questions within earshot of the rotor blades. It's a farce.

In fact, he may not be held accountable in any way shape or form, in person, until the presidential debates later this year. And that's only if he doesn't boycott them, which he is threatening to do.

So naturally a reporter reminds Trump of his hoax comment today, and naturally Trump dissembles, rambles and evades. I can't actually recall the last time he submitted to a forensic interrogation by any of the non-Fox crowd. The WH Press Corps is apparently happy to just shout questions within earshot of the rotor blades. It's a farce.

In fact, he may not be held accountable in any way shape or form, in person, until the presidential debates later this year. And that's only if he doesn't boycott them, which he is threatening to do.

Which he WILL do, and claim that the Dem chickened out. Bet on it.

One of the things that MSM in general isn't talking about much, is that the persistence and spread of COVID-19 is not yet anything like predictable. Yet to be shown (or at least told) is the nature and percentage of incubatory carriers (those who can transmit the virus before clinical illness presents) Also to be dealt with are possible convalescent carriers, who have recovered from their symptoms but remain capable of transmitting the virus.

Now by trying to muzzle the people who might know the answers to these things, Trump has given the public (and markets) even greater reason to panic. Knowing that we are only getting what Trump thinks Pence should tell us is hardly reassuring of anything. Looking at the profile of the spread of COVID-19 compared to previous Chinese virus scares, this really looks ... uh, ... viral. IMHO it's going to be a pretty significant and protracted thing for global health practices and global economy. Might even rack up death numbers in the range of more common influenza (upward of 500,000 annual globally) for the next couple or few years. There is no indication that it will spontaneously disappear like Derec and Donald believe (or say they do).

Some individuals who are infected with the coronavirus can spread it even though they have no symptoms, studies have shown.

Asymptomatic carriers are a well-known phenomenon. But the coronavirus is a new pathogen, and these cases may complicate scientific efforts to detect cases and to curb transmission.

Politics is just fucking insane right now. There are surely people out there actually hoping for the virus to spread AND the stock market to tank, just to expose Trump's inner Dubya.

"Heckuva job Pencie"

Which he WILL do, and claim that the Dem chickened out. Bet on it.

He will chicken out and claim he had to call off the debate to prevent the audience from catching COVID-19.

Politics is just fucking insane right now. There are surely people out there actually hoping for the virus to spread AND the stock market to tank, just to expose Trump's inner Dubya.

Expose it to whom? I doubt that anyone here has ambitions of converting trumpsuckers to reason...

Back
Top Bottom