• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump vs Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

Does this guy actually have a position or does he just say what he thinks the current crop of listeners wants to hear?
He probably does have a position, but it's obviously very hard for him to not make every issue into an episode of mental masturbation. Is the guy bipolar? He sure acts like.

Or it could be his brain is oxygen deprived from so many hair products.

Love the speaker at the end. She's golden and pretty much illustrates the typical Trump supporter.

I think it's more that he just doesn't particularly give a shit about any of these positions and hasn't put any thought into them. The fact that he contradicts himself from a few weeks earlier is simply because he doesn't remember what he said a few weeks earlier due to the content of what he said not being important to him. He just rants on about a topic depending on how he feels about it that day.

He's channeling people's rage against a system which has ignored and marginalized them and the specifics of that rage just aren't relevant, so Trump's messing up on the specifics doesn't bother them.

Trump's version of the truth is whatever feels right to him in his head at the time. This is classic among those with Narcissistic personality disorder. I'm usually not a fan when people try to armchair psychoanalyze public figures. I have some familiarity with this though, and he's such a classic case that it's remarkable.

Here are the DSM-V criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

-Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
-Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
-Exaggerating your achievements and talents
-Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
-Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
-Requiring constant admiration
-Having a sense of entitlement
-Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
-Taking advantage of others to get what you want
-Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
-Being envious of others and believing others envy you
-Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

In short, actual honesty requires some humility and the ability to see things from another perspective than your own. What's true for Trump isn't what's factually correct in reality, but what's true for him. Once you recognize this, his behavior is much more explainable and even more predictable.

Trump's version of the truth is whatever feels right to him in his head at the time. This is classic among those with Narcissistic personality disorder. I'm usually not a fan when people try to armchair psychoanalyze public figures. I have some familiarity with this though, and he's such a classic case that it's remarkable.

-Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
-Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
-Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
-Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

In short, actual honesty requires some humility and the ability to see things from another perspective than your own. What's true for Trump isn't what's factually correct in reality, but what's true for him. Once you recognize this, his behavior is much more explainable and even more predictable.

Is there a campaign to rename this "Trump Disorder"?

Wow. Now I know what is meant by "textbook case".

Trump should be incredibly glad he was born with a golden spoon. Imagine having Narcissistic personality disorder while being dead poor. Imagine the frustration you would have then.

Back
Top Bottom