• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump will not back down on yet another lie he touts - Carson does

credoconsolans

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
neopagan leaning toward moral relativism
Trump swears up and down he saw New Jersey Muslims - "hundreds" cheering the crash of WTC on 9/11.

Everyone - EVERYONE - from GMA reporters, to the police of that borough, to the governor of the state - tells him he's incorrect.

Trump says it was 'widely covered' but no such evidence exists.

He will not admit he was mistaken or wrong.

Shades of Ronnie Reagan starting to lose it? Or just an arrogant blowhard convinced if he doesn't admit he's wrong and keeps repeating his mistake loud and long enough people will believe him?

Carson first said he saw the same thing...then retracted and said it was the Palestinians in the ME doing it.

Trump stands alone in his lie.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/23/politics/donald-trump-new-jersey-cheering-september-11/

I think if there had actually been reports of hundreds of Muslims cheering in the streets of New Jersey then a bunch of jersey guys would have gone there to see what it was all about. There would have been altercations and shouting and probably fisticuffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My only exeprience with New Jersey:

I was on a plane about to land to JFK, with connecting flight to West Coast. Guy next to me, who had been silent for the entire nine hour flight, points out the window and says: "That's New Jersey. Don't go there."

Americans cheered and celebrated as the US launched a terrorist attack of Iraq.

Many in New Jersey.

After 9/11 rumors passed around that this was happening, but that is all it ever was. Rumors passed on by the usual suspects, rightwingers on the net. The same sort who claim Obama is not an American and is a muslim.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-trumps-claim-thousands-new-jersey-ch/

The Associated Press, on Sept. 17, 2001, described "rumors of rooftop celebrations of the attack by Muslims" in Jersey City. But the same report said those rumors were "unfounded."
The Washington Post, on Sept. 18, 2001, published an article that claimed "law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river." The Post story includes no source for this information, and we found no evidence that any of these allegations ever stuck.

My only exeprience with New Jersey:

I was on a plane about to land to JFK, with connecting flight to West Coast. Guy next to me, who had been silent for the entire nine hour flight, points out the window and says: "That's New Jersey. Don't go there."

Well I've lived here my whole life and it's been just fine. But then again I'm from South Jersey. North Jersey? I don't go there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People in Jersey celebrating when bad shit happens to New York?

I can see it. One or two if them may have even been Muslims.

Many in New Jersey.

This really happened.

Many in New Jersey.

This really happened.

So, do you just use an autopost feature that always just writes the same thing?

When great crimes are cheered that is something that people should look at and not try to look away from.

Trump is right. It is significant when great crimes are cheered.

He just, for some reason, can't see all that cheering that occurred when it was the US committing crimes.

Many in New Jersey.

This really happened.

He added a third line.

He is persistent about conveying the falsehood about some mythical terrorist attack by the US. Did any of the national news channels report such a characterization as credible? I mean, if the US really did, I figure it would have been widely reported.

He added a third line.

He is persistent about conveying the falsehood about some mythical terrorist attack by the US. Did any of the national news channels report such a characterization as credible? I mean, if the US really did, I figure it would have been widely reported.

Mythical?

I assure you it happened.

And absolutely nothing justified it.

He added a third line.

Mythical?

There did seem to be some consistency about regarding it as an invasion. Shoot, if they want to call it a war, I'm not gonna fuss. It's all this terrorism stuff that comes across as looney. A gross mischaracterization. It's kind of like a police officer following someone immediately after being told to stop and then characterizing the pursuit as stalking. Just wreaks of emotional histeria. When people get upset, they tend to become extremists in their word choices. It's like an otherwise nice elderly teacher set in her ways using a ruler to tap the hand of a child in a classroom as punishment for some infraction. If it happens to the child of a liberal parent in today's world, words will be used in ways that stretch even the imagination. Wouldn't surprise me for even that to be called terrorism. Take you, for example, do you adhere to how US officials would use the term? Or, is your definition so specialized and engrained that no amount of reason would be considered to adjust your understanding of what it even means to say what terrorism is?

Mythical?

There did seem to be some consistency about regarding it as an invasion. Shoot, if they want to call it a war, I'm not gonna fuss. It's all this terrorism stuff that comes across as looney. A gross mischaracterization. It's kind of like a police officer following someone immediately after being told to stop and then characterizing the pursuit as stalking. Just wreaks of emotional histeria. When people get upset, they tend to become extremists in their word choices. It's like an otherwise elderly teacher set in her ways using a ruler to tap the hand of a child in a classroom as punishment for some infraction. If it happens to the child of a liberal parent in today's world, words will be used in ways that stretch even the imagination. Wouldn't surprise me for even that to be called terrorism. Take you, for example, do you adhere to how US officials would use the term? Or, is your definition so specialized and engrained that no amount of reason would be considered to adjust your understanding of what it even means to say what terrorism is?

So your argument for why it wasn't terrorism is because the people conducting it didn't label it as such?

That is pathetic.

An unprovoked attack that terrorized millions and destroyed a nation is terrorism no matter what the terrorists doing it claim.

So your argument for why it wasn't terrorism is because the people conducting it didn't label it as such?

That is pathetic.

An unprovoked attack that terrorized millions and destroyed a nation is terrorism no matter what the terrorists doing it claim.

Ya, but when you derail every thread to talk about it, it undercuts the message that you're trying to make and causes people not to pay attention. You can start as many of your own threads as you like to discuss it, but you don't need to relate every other fucking thing to it.

That is pathetic.

Ya, but when you derail every thread to talk about it, it undercuts the message that you're trying to make and causes people not to pay attention. You can start as many of your own threads as you like to discuss it, but you don't need to relate every other fucking thing to it.

I am just calling things what they are.

People might disagree but none of them have ever presented a rational argument.

Many of them say they disagreed with this unprovoked invasion, and then their brain shuts down.

I am just calling things what they are.

People might disagree but none of them have ever presented a rational argument.

Many of them say they disagreed with this unprovoked invasion, and then their brain shuts down.

This is what I was on about with the auto-post comment. That has nothing to do with anything that I wrote and nothing to do with the particular lie that Trump told, which is the topic of this thread.

There's nothing wrong with your computer which prevents you from hitting the "Start New Thread" button. You don't need to take existing threads off-topic to talk about a different subject which you want to discuss.

That being said, I've seen the first couple episodes of the Jessica Jones show and am, so far, quite impressed. I especially like Luke Cage and they're doing a good job with that character.

Back
Top Bottom