• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Immigration Speech

Is deporting illegal immigrants in favour of those who arrive legally a wrong thing?

It can be, depending on the circumstances. More to the point, it is impossible and impractical

Not to mention those that are cheering on the calls for deportation can't tell the difference (and don't care about it) between an illegal immigrant, a legal immigrant, and a citizen going back 5 generations.

Had a talk with one of my bosses today.We both grew up in Oregon and are about the same age.We both picked strawberries in the summer.i picked a lot more things in the summer.You ,know six kids,catholic school cost money,we all had to help out stuff. Migrant farm workers were just part of mix back then.And,so were white migrant families who work the crops. USA kids can not and adults will not do this work.You want cheap food,go pick it yourself.
That's hard work. It might result in fit Americans. Which in turn would drive down healthcare costs. What the fuck are you thinking?

Had a talk with one of my bosses today.We both grew up in Oregon and are about the same age.We both picked strawberries in the summer.i picked a lot more things in the summer.You ,know six kids,catholic school cost money,we all had to help out stuff. Migrant farm workers were just part of mix back then.And,so were white migrant families who work the crops. USA kids can not and adults will not do this work.You want cheap food,go pick it yourself.
That's hard work. It might result in fit Americans. Which in turn would drive down healthcare costs. What the fuck are you thinking?
My great great great great great Mam tol me dat darkies can pick da cotton but not me o da chillens. She was wrong. Later we all picked cotton cuz we was hungry.

It is odd that the we have people who are unemployed and collecting government benefits, and at the same time politicians argue that we need immigrants to do the work Americans won't do. Seems we could solve the problem of unemployment and misuse/depletion of government benefits without immigration. But, yeah, work is hard.

Apparently the Mexican President invited both Clinton and Trump down to Mexico. Trump took up the offer (perhaps to display his ability to handle foreign leaders); Clinton did not (off fundraising). Later that day Trump gave a speech in Arizona on the topic of immigration. Many media outlets are reporting on it. Below is an excerpt from that speech.

As Rocket the Racoon said to Grook in Guardians of the Galaxy - "Learn to distinguish genders".

Apparently the Mexican President invited both Clinton and Trump down to Mexico. Trump took up the offer (perhaps to display his ability to handle foreign leaders); Clinton did not (off fundraising). Later that day Trump gave a speech in Arizona on the topic of immigration. Many media outlets are reporting on it. Below is an excerpt from that speech.

As Rocket the Racoon said to Grook in Guardians of the Galaxy - "Learn to distinguish genders".

Eh? It was meant to show that Clinton used to support the same things Trump is promoting now. Did you catch the parts where she said we need to secure the borders with technology and personnel, physical barriers, tougher employer sanctions, an "earned right" to legalization, deport those who committed transgressions, and let "these people have a future in their own countries"? At one time this was uncontroversial, bipartisan, common sense.

Eh? It was meant to show that Clinton used to support the same things Trump is promoting now. Did you catch the parts where she said we need to secure the borders with technology and personnel, physical barriers, tougher employer sanctions, an "earned right" to legalization, deport those who committed transgressions, and let "these people have a future in their own countries"? At one time this was uncontroversial, bipartisan, common sense.

It has always been a political dog whistle. As meaningless as a topic can be. Even when Hillary tried to use the topic for political gain.

The real topic is the US drug war and all the real harm it is causing Mexicans.

It has always been a political dog whistle. As meaningless as a topic can be. Even when Hillary tried to use the topic for political gain.

The real topic is the US drug war and all the real harm it is causing Mexicans.

Well, I'm with you that the drug cartels are horrible for Mexico. But wouldn't the solution be to help Mexico?

When Clinton says she is going to make Mexico pay for the enforcement and when she says Mexicans are rapists and murderers (but she assumes some of them are good), I will take the comparison more seriously.

When Clinton says she is going to make Mexico pay for the enforcement and when she says Mexicans are rapists and murderers (but she assumes some of them are good), I will take the comparison more seriously.

So, otherwise, you agree with what she said?

Trump does not support a path to legalization, he wants to deport all the undocumented (except for those working in his businesses or his future wives). None of the rest are controversial in either party.

Is deporting illegal immigrants in favour of those who arrive legally a wrong thing?
No.

Is laying a hefty fine on businesses and people who hire them also part of the plan?

No. Neither is jail time otherwise Trump would be looking at jail time for the illegal aliens his companies have hired.

Oh yeah, "tougher employer sanctions" is another thing Trump doesn't scream at his rallies.

Trump does not support a path to legalization, he wants to deport all the undocumented (except for those working in his businesses or his future wives). None of the rest are controversial in either party.

Well, increasing deportations and limiting immigration have their benefits. But these are horrible, horrible, benefits.

Hungary’s Labor Woes May Trigger Wage Explosion, Minister Says

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-04/hungary-s-labor-woes-may-trigger-wage-explosion-minister-says

And that's supposed to be because of deportations?

As for the hate and pitchforks, Lawrence O'Donnel had a really insightful commentary on that tonight. Yes, Trump spewed a lot of angry hateful emotion but if we listen to the words rather than the music - Trump is backtracking. Everything he actually said (beyond "the wall") is exactly what is already current law and practice. He totally dropped his "round them up and deport them" bullshit.

Trump didn't change his deportation rhetoric. I don't know what O'Donnell thinks he saw, but it's as hardline as ever. He didn't exempt anybody from deportation. He did emphasize that criminals will go first, in the very "first hour" of his presidency, presto, "those people are gone!" and maybe that criminal Clinton too, he says, to which somebody yells "string her up!"

He likes to focus on crime by immigrants and blacks. And he believes that all such crime will end simply by his being president. He doesn't appear to care about crime from white citizens (except for that criminal Clinton) because apparently you're not as dead when a white American kills you. He wants whites alone to know they have nothing to fear from him, and that without him the white genocide in America will continue.

Last edited:

So, otherwise, you agree with what she said?
No, I said I would start to pay attention. Instead of "Mom, baseball and apple pie" it is nowadays "Mom, talking tough against illegal beaners, and apple pie" for politicians.

Back
Top Bottom