• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Immigration Speech

Trausti

Deleted
Apparently the Mexican President invited both Clinton and Trump down to Mexico. Trump took up the offer (perhaps to display his ability to handle foreign leaders); Clinton did not (off fundraising). Later that day Trump gave a speech in Arizona on the topic of immigration. Many media outlets are reporting on it. Below is an excerpt from that speech.

Trump the Republican Ass Clown

He promised to deport two million "criminal aliens" in his first hour in office; warned that millions more would be "subject to deportation" and re-stated his signature pledge, to build that "beautiful" wall.

This was not the policy pivot that many were expecting - and that many think Mr Trump needs if he is to keep his presidential dream alive.

"Applicants will be asked for their views about honour killings, about respect for women and gays and minorities, attitudes on radical Islam," he said.

You gotta read the BBC article. I think Trumpty Dumpty has finally lost it.

Donald Trump: Mexico will pay for wall, '100%'

I think the Trumper's new strategy is to cover all his bases. Just say everything you think any likely voter wishes to hear and don't worry about contradicting yourself.

I think the Trumper's new strategy is to cover all his bases. Just say everything you think any likely voter wishes to hear and don't worry about contradicting yourself.

What's new about that?

There does seem to be some great dissension in the Trump campaign over this matter. It was sounding like his campaign manager was wanting him to soften up his stance to spread his appeal beyond his base, but then Trump decided to ignore her and double down on what he was saying in the primary. I guess all the talk about him flip-flopping on his position made him angry and he randomly decided in a huff to scrap the entire plan.

There does seem to be some great dissension in the Trump campaign over this matter. It was sounding like his campaign manager was wanting him to soften up his stance to spread his appeal beyond his base, but then Trump decided to ignore her and double down on what he was saying in the primary. I guess all the talk about him flip-flopping on his position made him angry and he randomly decided in a huff to scrap the entire plan.
There's two problems. First, Trumpy doesn't make decisions, he just shoots from the hip because it feels good. Secondly, if he alienates his extremist nutter core constituency, which is what won the primary for him, he's a fucked duck.

So maybe if he's decided anything maybe it's just to rearrange chairs on the Titanic and enjoy the ride.

There's two problems. First, Trumpy doesn't make decisions, he just shoots from the hip because it feels good. Secondly, if he alienates his extremist nutter core constituency, which is what won the primary for him, he's a fucked duck.

So maybe if he's decided anything maybe it's just to rearrange chairs on the Titanic and enjoy the ride.

OK yes, "decision" was the wrong word. Also, if he doesn't alienate his extremist nutter core constituency, he's a fucked duck. That presents a bit of an electoral problem for him.

Are either Trump or Hillary proposing an end to the drug war to help Mexico rid itself of the gangsters similar to those in the US during it's prohibition?

But Hillary is right.

Capitalism is killing Mexico.

I would trust a business person before I would Hillary.

I would trust the people with whom I do business before I would trust Hillary. But I'd DEFINITELY do business with Hillary before I'd EVER do business with Trumples. He's not a business person, he's a con artist.

Trump's level of "business person" has no loyalty whatsoever to this country -- doesn't want to support it with taxes and doesn't want to deal with any American employees, if it can be helped.

I can't say I've followed closely all his speeches and rallies, but from what I saw, this one ramped up the hate and pitchforks to a new level.

I read that many of his Hispanic staff and supporters quit after seeing the speech.

I can't say I've followed closely all his speeches and rallies, but from what I saw, this one ramped up the hate and pitchforks to a new level.

I read that many of his Hispanic staff and supporters quit after seeing the speech.

In other news, Trump had hispanic supporters before this speech. That's a weird bit of information that makes no sense.

In other news, Trump had hispanic supporters before this speech. That's a weird bit of information that makes no sense.

Paid supporters.

Trump the Republican Ass Clown

He promised to deport two million "criminal aliens" in his first hour in office; warned that millions more would be "subject to deportation" and re-stated his signature pledge, to build that "beautiful" wall.

This was not the policy pivot that many were expecting - and that many think Mr Trump needs if he is to keep his presidential dream alive.

"Applicants will be asked for their views about honour killings, about respect for women and gays and minorities, attitudes on radical Islam," he said.

You gotta read the BBC article. I think Trumpty Dumpty has finally lost it.

Donald Trump: Mexico will pay for wall, '100%'

Is deporting illegal immigrants in favour of those who arrive legally a wrong thing?

Had a talk with one of my bosses today.We both grew up in Oregon and are about the same age.We both picked strawberries in the summer.i picked a lot more things in the summer.You ,know six kids,catholic school cost money,we all had to help out stuff. Migrant farm workers were just part of mix back then.And,so were white migrant families who work the crops. USA kids can not and adults will not do this work.You want cheap food,go pick it yourself.

That's what shocked me more than anything else, too, Tom.

As for the hate and pitchforks, Lawrence O'Donnel had a really insightful commentary on that tonight. Yes, Trump spewed a lot of angry hateful emotion but if we listen to the words rather than the music - Trump is backtracking. Everything he actually said (beyond "the wall") is exactly what is already current law and practice. He totally dropped his "round them up and deport them" bullshit.

First, Trump does make decisions. People cheer for him. Trump is right. It's that simple in Trump World. Second, anti-immigrant nutters and pro-gun nutters are probably one and the same almost to a person. He can afford to alienate them. If interest drops off for his campaign because he is going soft on immigration, all he has to do is drive a little 2nd amendment/Hillary and her liberal Supreme Court fear into them and they will fall back in line.
Trump can afford to go soft on immigration.

Back
Top Bottom