• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Lazy Presidency: Lots of "Executive Time"

Sorry, I don't think he's any good at bullshit. He can only consistently con a third of us -- add another 7 or 8% who are willing for a time to overlook his deceit when job reports are good. He is so comically -- so blatantly -- mendacious as to inspire intense, visceral loathing in 60% of us.

I think it's safe to say that he is, hands down, the single most successful bullshit artist of all time. Nobody else even comes close. The raw numbers don't matter in that, only the results.
You forgot Hitler.

Sorry, I don't think he's any good at bullshit. He can only consistently con a third of us -- add another 7 or 8% who are willing for a time to overlook his deceit when job reports are good. He is so comically -- so blatantly -- mendacious as to inspire intense, visceral loathing in 60% of us.

I think it's safe to say that he is, hands down, the single most successful bullshit artist of all time. Nobody else even comes close. The raw numbers don't matter in that, only the results.

No, no, no: the results don't matter. Only the perceived results matter.

So, no thought about actually putting in a good workday, let's just concentrate on hounding out the person revealing how little he works...

Maybe he could just call some store once an hour and buy something. Schedule it as 'stimulating the economy.'

You know, something he was elected to do... Something he promised to do...

Remember so long ago when someone said that they were revolting and holding the fort in the Admin in that Op-Ed? Seems like a decade ago now, not 5-ish months.

What is incredible is that Trump is clearly the worst leader ever, but none of that matters. The partisanship is so awful in the US, half the nation is willing to just say he is doing a good job because of the R and the economy hasn't crashed... despite his actions.

I'd think an overwhelmed president would be an advantage to industries, lobbyist and others who want to get laws and regulation/deregulation through. That causes a president to lean more heavily on cabinet members and whoever else.

Of course he is very clearly overwhelmed, even with his 60% "Executive Time", so nice try but that dog won't hunt.

I propose he be given him 100% executive time... in prison. Or anywhere other than the White House, really.

I'd think an overwhelmed president would be an advantage to industries, lobbyist and others who want to get laws and regulation/deregulation through. That causes a president to lean more heavily on cabinet members and whoever else.

Of course he is very clearly overwhelmed, even with his 60% "Executive Time", so nice try but that dog won't hunt.

I propose he be given him 100% executive time... in prison. Or anywhere other than the White House, really.

Also, a president who avoids being overwhelmed by running away and hiding is an advantage for the industry lobbyists he put in charge of everything he doesn't want to be bothered with.

Back
Top Bottom