• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump’s New Fundraising Effort

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/07/tech/trump-zuckerberg-dorsey-lawsuit/index.html

It’s a class action lawsuit on behalf of all the poor conservatives whose accounts were frozen by Twitter and Facebook and YouTube. Of course it has no merit and the lawyers know it. They’re just getting huge legal fees to do his bidding.

Which brings us to the real reason for these lawsuits. They’re fundraising mechanisms. Help Trump fight back! Donate today!

That’s all he has left. They’re going to steal from people’s accounts like they did a few months ago. Then when the lawsuit is inevitably dismissed, he’ll have millions to use any way he can.

It’s all in the fine print.

And his supporters will love him all the more for it.

Yup, another stunt to put on a show and hope to make money from. They know perfectly well that the case has no merit, and will likely be dismissed..

However, there are some that hope that it won't just be dismissed. If allowed to go forward then Trump would have to give a deposition, under oath, including questions about his actions on 1/6.

Is he going to pay these lawyers? Or did he get Jared to do a Legal Zoom lawsuit?

It’s all in the fine print. .
Speaking of fine print, when you sign onto Facebook, you agree to their terms of service, which state "any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us" be filed in federal court in northern California or San Mateo County state court.

Not Florida.

He's already agreed to have the Facebook part of this case thrown out of court in Florida. Even if he's got to pay Facebook's legal bills, it'll be one lawyer phoning the courthouse, emailing a copy of Trump's acknowledgement of the TOS when he first signed onto Facebook. All other funds will go into his pocket, probably for his New York lawsuits...

And he'll complain that the courts are biased against him, please send MORE money so we can...blah blah blah...

Yup, another stunt to put on a show and hope to make money from. They know perfectly well that the case has no merit, and will likely be dismissed..

However, there are some that hope that it won't just be dismissed. If allowed to go forward then Trump would have to give a deposition, under oath, including questions about his actions on 1/6.
I think Trump could avoid that by not filing the suit personally, but merely joining it as class member.

Yup, another stunt to put on a show and hope to make money from. They know perfectly well that the case has no merit, and will likely be dismissed.
Right. There isn't anything "new" going on.

Can't blame the guy for milking a cash cow. It's the idiots that keep reaching into their pockets to help their savior and see justice done.

Yup, another stunt to put on a show and hope to make money from. They know perfectly well that the case has no merit, and will likely be dismissed.
Right. There isn't anything "new" going on.

Can't blame the guy for milking a cash cow.
Yes for Adam Sandler who has given up an actual acting career for awful comedies. No for Trump who is tearing at the fabric of our democracy. They had to evacuate Congress because of this idiot!

I think Trump could avoid that by not filing the suit personally, but merely joining it as class member.

Classes have to be declared by a judge. This is going nowhere.

I grew up in New York.

I have followed Trump for decades.

With Trump EVERYTHING is a con.

He was a con president we were lucky to survive.

What is the first thing Trump ordered his press secretary to do?

Go out and lie about crowd size.

From beginning to end it was all a con.

We gave a skilled con man a huge microphone and he created an insane cult.

Is he all that skilled? Or is the core audience dull-witted? I find him completely transparent and obvious. The wonder of the situation is not how mesmerizingly skilled he is, but how cheesy, blatant, malicious, and uneducated he is -- and yet he is still a figure of blazing charisma to his followers. It's a stigma this country will not live down for a long time.

Is he all that skilled? Or is the core audience dull-witted? I find him completely transparent and obvious. The wonder of the situation is not how mesmerizingly skilled he is, but how cheesy, blatant, malicious, and uneducated he is -- and yet he is still a figure of blazing charisma to his followers. It's a stigma this country will not live down for a long time.

I never watched The Apprentice. Was that show a big part of this crazed infatuation?

It was an amazing con.

Religious nuts that only care about abortion actually believed Trump was a Christian.

Racists and bigots actually believed he would build that wall.

Anti war advocates actually believed Trump brought troops home.

What a good con man understands is you can only con some, not all.

Trump conned enough to get elected. But of course most were not fooled by him.

You got a point. To add to your list, look at how many times Trump claimed he would bring back all the factories that had closed, and restore the American industrial base.

I never watched The Apprentice. Was that show a big part of this crazed infatuation?

I inadvertently watched a couple of episodes here and there. I'm pretty certain the contestants were groomed for their responses towards sandworm Trump.

I inadvertently watched a couple of episodes here and there. I'm pretty certain the contestants were groomed for their responses towards sandworm Trump.

I read that it was entirely scripted. Trump made ZERO decisions.

Count me with those who never watched an episode.

As far as Trump's draw it is similar to that of Huey Long and Adolph Hitler. Keep telling people how great they are and would have been if they hadn't been cheated out of all their hard work and dreams. It's a schtick that works. And there are also those who will automatically hate anything labeled "liberal." My MAGAtard friend fits that perfectly, even going so far as to say that our Founders in the U.S. were conservatives rising up against the liberal European establishment. This is the kind of shit you're drawn to if you haven't been around or are still paying a mortgage on your house when you're 67 because you spent your life taking vacations to the Bahamas with you last dollars.

I read that it was entirely scripted. Trump made ZERO decisions.

100%. There is nothing more fake than reality TV. The bit I wasn't clear about is that I am equally certain all the contestants had to be coached on how to address Trump. Much in the same manner in how the Master of Cermonies would instruct you on how to talk to the Queen I suppose. Add a few idiots who emulate the unjustified deference because they saw it on TV and viola - Trump's base.

Back
Top Bottom