• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's proposed Drug Dealer Full Employment Act

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...may-cut-drug-control-office-budget/101335060/

WASHINGTON—In the midst of an opioid addiction epidemic, the Trump administration is considering a plan that would gut the Office of National Drug Control Policy, a White House office that directs the country’s drug prevention efforts.
The president's budget office is proposing to slash the drug agency’s budget by 95 percent, according to a letter the ONDCP’s acting director, Richard Baum, sent to employees.

---

OMG. What is going through their tiny little minds? This is rank incompetence so very incompetent, it is hard to fathom. If I was a Mexican drug cartel leader, I would be grinning ear to ear. If I was an Oxycontin peddling quack doctor running a pill mill, I would be leaping with joy.

Well, if them coal miners can't get the jobs, maybe they can get some opiates?

Fuck Trump.

A broken clock is correct once a day.

Fuck the ONDCP, fuck the Drug Czar. It's not like they prevent drug use anyway, they just put people in jail (where drugs are probably easier to get than on the outside) and waste money, murder people, and ruin lives. Good riddance.

Fuck the ONDCP, fuck the Drug Czar. It's not like they prevent drug use anyway, they just put people in jail (where drugs are probably easier to get than on the outside) and waste money, murder people, and ruin lives. Good riddance.

^That.

It's about time that Trump's incompetent thrashing about finally achieved something positive, even if it is purely accidental.

It's hard to see how doing nothing (or only 5%) could be any more harmful than what they have been doing 100% of so far in the 'war on drugs'.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...may-cut-drug-control-office-budget/101335060/

WASHINGTON—In the midst of an opioid addiction epidemic, the Trump administration is considering a plan that would gut the Office of National Drug Control Policy, a White House office that directs the country’s drug prevention efforts.
The president's budget office is proposing to slash the drug agency’s budget by 95 percent, according to a letter the ONDCP’s acting director, Richard Baum, sent to employees.

---

OMG. What is going through their tiny little minds? This is rank incompetence so very incompetent, it is hard to fathom. If I was a Mexican drug cartel leader, I would be grinning ear to ear. If I was an Oxycontin peddling quack doctor running a pill mill, I would be leaping with joy.

I think the US should legalize drugs.

And then transfer most of the money spent on the war on drugs into *purely medical* approaches to treating the opioid epidemic.

Now, given that you come from Texas, let me concede that the drug cartels are a problem. And here's a terrible truth that I am willing to admit: drug legalization will not get rid of the cartels. They have become too strong at this point that if you take drugs from them, they will simply move into extorting the local populace producing non-narcotic exports (which they already do with avocados and limes) or something else that creates a black market like human smuggling/trafficking. The cartels *are* a military problem. If there were ever an situation that allowed for the militarization of the police and the general arming of the populace, then dealing with the cartels would be an example.

Two things keep the cartels from becoming a real problem in the United States. One is that those sadistic fucks only respect power, and they know not to fuck with the US (Latin Americans are particular aware of the US's capacity to effect their will through force). The other is that the US is a prosperous country with relatively low levels of overt corruption. The cartels don't have a place to gain a foothold within the public institutions like the courts, the police, etc. However, as the gap between rich and poor keeps growing, and as long as a large proportion of the population doesn't see it's living standards keep up with inflation in real terms, they will start not believing in the system. That is when the rot of corruption sets in.

Creating an underclass is monumentally stupid.

---

I think the US should legalize drugs.

And then transfer most of the money spent on the war on drugs into *purely medical* approaches to treating the opioid epidemic.

Now, given that you come from Texas, let me concede that the drug cartels are a problem. And here's a terrible truth that I am willing to admit: drug legalization will not get rid of the cartels. They have become too strong at this point that if you take drugs from them, they will simply move into extorting the local populace producing non-narcotic exports (which they already do with avocados and limes) or something else that creates a black market like human smuggling/trafficking. The cartels *are* a military problem. If there were ever an situation that allowed for the militarization of the police and the general arming of the populace, then dealing with the cartels would be an example.

Two things keep the cartels from becoming a real problem in the United States. One is that those sadistic fucks only respect power, and they know not to fuck with the US (Latin Americans are particular aware of the US's capacity to effect their will through force). The other is that the US is a prosperous country with relatively low levels of overt corruption. The cartels don't have a place to gain a foothold within the public institutions like the courts, the police, etc. However, as the gap between rich and poor keeps growing, and as long as a large proportion of the population doesn't see it's living standards keep up with inflation in real terms, they will start not believing in the system. That is when the rot of corruption sets in.

Creating an underclass is monumentally stupid.

There's already a pharmaceutical response to opiates and opiate addiction called Suboxone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buprenorphine/naloxone

---

I don't see a problem with ending the drug war. I do see why Mexican drug cartel leaders would have a problem with this.

There's an Opioid epidemic in this country?

And if an agencies only out to make money, and not really do anything to curb drugs in America, then it is a useless agency anyway, and drugs should be made legal.

This article, once again, is a poor article.

^That.

It's about time that Trump's incompetent thrashing about finally achieved something positive, even if it is purely accidental.

It's hard to see how doing nothing (or only 5%) could be any more harmful than what they have been doing 100% of so far in the 'war on drugs'.

Which version of "harmful" are you using, the normal version or the distorted version? I don't care which; I just want to comprehend you correctly.

Back
Top Bottom