• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Re-election Chances In 2020

I’d say that the odds of it aren’t as low as a sane analysis of the facts should indicate it would be.

what do "facts" have anything to do with this? That's not how the game is played anymore.

Kind of my exact point. I don't know why you phrased as a question you'd expect me to disagree with you about.

Trump might well pull an LBJ and become a media whore again (I should say, continue as a media whore.) He is extra good at playing the part of the conspired-against savior of the Forgotten Man (and the Pussy-Grabbed Wench.) He will be on the scene until he drops dead, still playing out his great saga for the fan base. Since we'll always have him to gawk at, I can only fervently wish that he studies the LBJ playbook and looks at the voting pattern we saw 2 weeks ago.

The LBJ playbook was to realize he had a very tough re-election battle going towards his second term and so he declined to run again.
We can hope Trump follows suit.

The LBJ playbook was to realize he had a very tough re-election battle going towards his second term and so he declined to run again.

That's one hope. Another might be to let Cheato stick around and run the GOP into the ground entirely.

But LBJ was not terrified that he would be arrested the instant the next guy finished being sworn in.

But LBJ was not terrified that he would be arrested the instant the next guy finished being sworn in.

Exactly. At least in his own mind, Trump has any choice but to somehow get out of office with ironclad immunity from all prosecution, parking tickets to treason, or to stay in office. Indefinitely.

:yikes:

Exactly. At least in his own mind, Trump has any choice but to somehow get out of office with ironclad immunity from all prosecution, parking tickets to treason, or to stay in office. Indefinitely.

:yikes:

He can't get immunity for state crimes. Sounds like New York could have a stack of charges against him waiting for inauguration day 2021.

Back
Top Bottom