• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's secret plan for defeating ISIS? He's delegating that

But Trump did not make a campaign promise to put the armed forces to work at their job. He stated that ONLY HE could defeat ISIS. ONLY HE had the secret plan. Delegation is well within Hillary or Bernie's exhibited powers.
However on the long term we will have to tackle the political ideology of ISIS and similar groups which will be more complex.
Do you know of any evidence that Trump recognizes this? At any point did he indicate that a military victory over ISIS was NOT the only thing we would have to accomplish in order to be safe from ISIS?
He has constantly flogged the fears and promised bombing them into the stone age AND shooting their families.
If you know of any place he promised or even discussed coming to grips with their ideology rather than just flexing military might, I'd love to see it.

All presidential candidates campaign on defeating terrorism. The ideology is the long term objective The military issue would work better if we cooperate with Russia on this. Then the US should then cease supporting or starting wars in the region.

But Trump did not make a campaign promise to put the armed forces to work at their job. He stated that ONLY HE could defeat ISIS. ONLY HE had the secret plan. Delegation is well within Hillary or Bernie's exhibited powers. Do you know of any evidence that Trump recognizes this? At any point did he indicate that a military victory over ISIS was NOT the only thing we would have to accomplish in order to be safe from ISIS?
He has constantly flogged the fears and promised bombing them into the stone age AND shooting their families.
If you know of any place he promised or even discussed coming to grips with their ideology rather than just flexing military might, I'd love to see it.

All presidential candidates campaign on defeating terrorism. The ideology is the long term objective The military issue would work better if we cooperate with Russia on this. Then the US should then cease supporting or starting wars in the region.

Perhaps, tovarish, you could quote another candidate who said the 'generals don't know anything because they're not winning', or claimed that they knew more about the enemy than the generals?

All presidential candidates campaign on defeating terrorism.
A fact which still doesn't excuse Trump's bogus claim and delegation to the same people he denigrated during the campaign. Clearly, he has no plan, had no plan, and can be depended upon NOT to produce a plan.
The ideology is the long term objective
STILL waiting for any point where Trump said anything like that...?
All he did was play up the fear and promise violence.

A fact which still doesn't excuse Trump's bogus claim and delegation to the same people he denigrated during the campaign. Clearly, he has no plan, had no plan, and can be depended upon NOT to produce a plan.
The ideology is the long term objective
STILL waiting for any point where Trump said anything like that...?
All he did was play up the fear and promise violence.
Well, El Cheato has delivered on the promise of violence. Strikes and raids in Afghanistan and Yemen are way up. And its kind of a two for one deal, with that violence, the US needs to build more military 'infrastructure' to replace the utilized units.

But Trump did not make a campaign promise to put the armed forces to work at their job. He stated that ONLY HE could defeat ISIS. ONLY HE had the secret plan. Delegation is well within Hillary or Bernie's exhibited powers. Do you know of any evidence that Trump recognizes this? At any point did he indicate that a military victory over ISIS was NOT the only thing we would have to accomplish in order to be safe from ISIS?

I know he never got that far, but I don't recall any point in time where Mr. Sanders stated "If I am elected, we will defeat ISIS." Come to think of it, did Hillary?

And you know what? Even if they did, I thought Trump ran on a platform of "I'm not like these guys." and that we're supposed to hold him to a higher standard because he's not a lying liar who lies like all the people in congress and the white house. Or are we supposed to forget about that?

Are you that desperate to make excuses for the commander in chief that you'll give him a pass for blatantly lying to you when he specifically said you can trust him and that he wont ever lie to you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom