• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump’s Vaccine Can’t Be Trusted

ZiprHead

Substitute Looney
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
If a vaccine comes out before the election, there are very good reasons not to take it.

True to the president’s word—or threat, perhaps—the United States government is preparing to roll out a COVID-19 vaccine on, or before, Nov. 1, even though none of the more than 150 vaccines in the research pipeline worldwide have completed Phase 3 safety and efficacy clinical trials. In its mad sprint to Election Day, the White House has funneled billions of dollars into drug companies and ordered government agencies to execute their public health duties at breakneck speeds that defy credulity. Like most experts closely watching these developments, I have no confidence that a safe, effective vaccine will be ready for use by Halloween. Worse, I can no longer recommend that anyone retain faith in any public health pronouncements issued by government agencies.

State and territorial governors across America have received a letter dated Aug. 27 from the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Robert Redfield, instructing them to grant facilities and licensing to a private contractor, McKesson Co., for mass immunizations. “CDC urgently requests your assistance in expediting applications for these distribution facilities,” Redfield wrote, “and, if necessary, asks that you consider waiving requirements that would prevent these facilities from becoming fully operational by November 1, 2020.”

With that mass vaccination date less than 58 days away—and, surely not coincidentally, two days before the national elections—states must scramble to submit their immunization scheme to the CDC for approval by Oct. 1. This must cover everything from logistics and personnel to public education and recruitment. The pace required here is astounding, dramatically more rapid than any prior drug or vaccine rollout in history. Though officials insist no corners are being cut, the timetable is simply too short for full safety analysis of any vaccine.

The good news, a study needs results. Without said results, the vaccine is neither safe or effective. I can’t imagine they can show a vaccine works that fast. So any talks of a vaccine is a lie.

And even in the miraculous event it did occur, it ain’t Trump that made it happen. But I suppose like the charity events be got his picture taken at without actually giving a dime, he’ll herald his Administration’s accomplishments atop a mound of 200,000 bodies.

I wouldn't let anybody inject me with something that got rushed through the "approval" process for political purposes.

I've seen this compared to President Ford's rush to put out a vaccine to fight swine flu. Anyone else old enough to remember that fiasco? The vaccine was pushed though quickly and it ended up causing some very serious side effects, including many cases of Guillain Barre' syndrome. The vaccine needs to go through all the necessary trials before it can be considered safe and effective.

I've seen this compared to President Ford's rush to put out a vaccine to fight swine flu. Anyone else old enough to remember that fiasco? The vaccine was pushed though quickly and it ended up causing some very serious side effects, including many cases of Guillain Barre' syndrome. The vaccine needs to go through all the necessary trials before it can be considered safe and effective.
When 10,000 take a drug, safety isn't as tough.

When 300,000,000 take a drug, safety is absurdly important as 1 in 1,000 cases (only 0.1%) is 300,000 people. Though, based on right-winger logic, 300,000 very likely are acceptable losses... if Trump is President. That number plummets to 4 if Biden is President.

Let's see if lockdown protesters and mask protesters would be willing to volunteer for tests of COVID-19 vaccines.

Ok, calling it now, any "vaccine" rollout from the administration is going to be "for citizens only" and come with a "mark of citizenship"/receipt that includes Trump's name.

We have been hearing for months now from the wingnuts about how Bill Gates is going to do some chip bullshit in parallel to vaccination and if we have learned anything (re: pizzagate), it is anything the republicans try to whip up outrage over, the republicans are only trying to foment an exhaustion over discussing when they inevitably get revealed as doing themselves (ie, Epstein's involvement with Trump and the rape charges)

Fortunately, there's a simple way to determine whether any vaccine is adequately tested, and safe to take.

If US agencies can't be trusted due to Trump's influence, then look at what other developed nations are doing. Any vaccine released ONLY in the USA would be very suspicious. A handful of smaller countries might have protocols in place that allow local approval on the basis of US approval, but I doubt that even then there's not at the very least a quick local review of the FDA decision.

Certainly the Australian TGA and the UK National Health Service are unlikely to accept US approvals without having done their own testing, and those agencies are just as aware as any other of the public health benefits of getting a vaccine out there as soon as possible.

If a vaccine is released in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and the EU in October, it's fair to say that the timing is coincidental, and has nothing to do with US elections. If that same vaccine is released only in the USA, or only in the US and a bunch of developing nations, it's probably fair to say that it's an election stunt, and hasn't been adequately tested for safety in widespread use.

In fact, I would go so far as to say I find it rather predictable that once the administration has a "vaccine" available, regardless of safety, they will roll it out with a mark that proves you got it and suddenly the virus that was a "hoax" and "harmless" will overnight become OMG so deadly serious over night, and it will be the liberals who don't want to have a "TRUMP VACCINE" tattoo that will be the "enemies of society", and all the "conservatives" will jump on it so as to "own the libs".

I really want to be wrong about this. Like, I don't think I've ever wanted to be wrong about something more than I want to be wrong about this.

Back
Top Bottom