• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trumpster's Scorched Earth Speech in Florida

ideologyhunter

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism/beatnikism
Well, he says he's now unshackled. The speech on Thursday marks him as unhinged. I'm sure he'll get worse than this -- he has three and a half more weeks to be unshackled -- but right now this is the benchmark of Crazy Trumpism. If the Obamas had not both delivered powerhouse speeches in Ohio and New Hampshire on Thursday, I think Trump's tirade would have had more parsing on the political shows. Deeply disturbing to watch this guy, equally disturbing to hear a crowd cheer such lines as:

1) 'This is not simply a another 4-year election. This is a crossroads in the history of our civilization that will determine whether or not we the people reclaim control over our government...This is a struggle for the survival of our nation, believe me. And this will be our last chance to save it on Nov. 8, remember that.'
RRRight....always look twice at a guy who lost a billion bucks in the 90s, spread Birther manure for 5 years across the land, and peppers his speeches with "believe me." But this is the very last chance, remember that.
2) 'This election will determine whether we a re a free nation or whether we have only the illusion of democracy, but are in fact controlled by a small handful of global special interests rigging the system.'
Another clear sign of the demagogue: paint a purposefully vague picture of puppet masters who are ruining things for the faithful masses. There's a long rich history of this trope. His crowd cheered him. The paranoia is unfathomable. The speaker and the audience are deeply, deeply disturbed. Facts don't matter, evidence is not necessary.
3) 'These vicious claims about me of inappropriate conduct with women are totally and absolutely false.'
We'll see. They are totally and absolutely consonant with Trump bragging on the Access Hollywood tape that this is how he operates. And there could be more of these 'vicious' liars coming up.
4) 'Nevertheless, I take all the slings and arrows gladly for you.'
Wow. Shakespeare from the Donald. He is our sacrificial lamb. I'm trying to figure out what this sentence reminds me of -- what past demagogue kept harping on the abuse he was taking for the good of The People... can't place it. Perhaps someone can post an analogous quote from some rabble rouser of the past.
5) 'Many of my friends and many political experts warned me that this campaign would be a journey to hell. Said that. But they're wrong. It will be a journey to heaven.'
Well, Jesus. I think this is what was said at the Heaven's Gate compound just before they all drank the happy juice.
6) 'Because I used to part of the club, I'm the only one that can fix it.'
Doubling down on this insane line from the convention. This is CLEARLY an unhealthy individual. I'm..the...only...one...that...can...fix...it. Trump supporters, you're good with this? If the Donald's plane goes down from wind sheer, civilization is over?
7) (Going back earlier in the speech -- this is too good to leave out) 'The claims are preposterous, ludicrous, and defy truth, common sense and logic. We already have substantial evidence to dispute these lies, and it will be made public in an appropriate way and at an appropriate time very soon.'
Awww, gee, Cap'n Trump, can't we see some of it now? Why not now?
This speech will be quoted and sampled decades from now as classic paranoid demagoguery. You've come a long way, Republicans. You've got a lot of work to do.

The guy is a combination of viral infection and noxious gas.
I was dumbstruck yesterday, when I calmly mentioned that Trump asked people to look at Miss Universe's sex tape, then said flat out that he had never said that. My jaw went slack after being met with an angry "well, he never DID say 'check out sex tapes'!".
I mean - there it is in black an white. But all Trump has to do is say he never said it, and in the trumpsucker mind - he never said it. He was never a Birther, never bragged about sexually assaulting women, etc. etc. etc. - it is truly and shockingly unbelievable. Alt-reality has taken hold with those people - toothless morons and faux intellectuals alike.

Trump is going to lose, and millions of true believers are going to believe in a vast worldwide conspiracy of media, democrats, dissenting republicans, foreign leaders, international financiers, the science community and virtually everyone else on the planet. They will be mightily be upset, and readily incited to violence. I hope someone (Attorney General) is ready to arrest and prosecute Trump for sedition if violence does occur (even if Trump threatens to sue them, which he will).

The thrashing around of a desperate man. But then he's only playing cards created by Lush Rimjob, Glenny the Bunk, Mark Levine, Coulter et al. The toxic nonsense of the paranoid far right. The problem is, Trump will go away, but the Toxic Right won't.

I heard 10 minutes of the Thursday speech on the radio and it was starting to get frightening, his rhetoric, and the brownshirt like response from the crowd.

I mean, the good news is that most of these people are in their 50's and 60's, so if they try to revolt, they'll pull out their backs and injure their shoulders, but still, Trump is driving these people to fascist oblivion and they love it. They want right-wing fascism.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/wat...inia-democratic-campaign-office-for-12-hours/

A Trump supporter, worried that there were other “closet” Trump supporters who felt unheard in Virginia, stood outside a Congressional candidate’s campaign office for twelve hours while displaying a loaded firearm. Daniel Parks said that his protest was peaceful, but that he intended to “stand his ground” on behalf of other Trump supporters.
“I’m just trying to provide a voice for someone who might be a closet supporter of Trump. Other people who are a little worried to speak out because of possible persecution,” Daniel Parks told reporter Taylor Cairns. Cairns reported that the Parks, who was later joined by a friend, wanted people to know that they were not giving up the campaign “quietly.”

---

It's getting ugly already.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/wat...inia-democratic-campaign-office-for-12-hours/

A Trump supporter, worried that there were other “closet” Trump supporters who felt unheard in Virginia, stood outside a Congressional candidate’s campaign office for twelve hours while displaying a loaded firearm. Daniel Parks said that his protest was peaceful, but that he intended to “stand his ground” on behalf of other Trump supporters.
“I’m just trying to provide a voice for someone who might be a closet supporter of Trump. Other people who are a little worried to speak out because of possible persecution,” Daniel Parks told reporter Taylor Cairns. Cairns reported that the Parks, who was later joined by a friend, wanted people to know that they were not giving up the campaign “quietly.”

---

It's getting ugly already.

One - just ONE case of a trumpsucker like this hurting someone, and I hope and pray Trump will be hauled in for sedition.
I predict that the word sedition will be on a lot of tongues around the middle of next month.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, § 2, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 87–486, June 19, 1962, 76 Stat. 103; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

I heard 10 minutes of the Thursday speech on the radio and it was starting to get frightening, his rhetoric, and the brownshirt like response from the crowd.

I mean, the good news is that most of these people are in their 50's and 60's, so if they try to revolt, they'll pull out their backs and injure their shoulders, but still, Trump is driving these people to fascist oblivion and they love it. They want right-wing fascism.

Plus they don't understand the concept of sexual assault, or don't care about it.

Plus they don't understand the concept of sexual assault, or don't care about it.
Look it happened over 3 to 30 years ago. If you average them all out, it was before 9/11. Besides, Trump is going to release data that will exonerate him... somehow... because can prove that something didn't happen. So who cares?!

This was my little Facebook blurb about that speech. (Excuse the spelling/grammar; I posted this from my cell.)

Today's speech by Trump really kind of brought it all together. An international conspiracy of global elite along with international banks colluding with the Clintons to end the democracy of the USA. Well now, who does that sound like he may have been referring to?
The racism. Breitbart. The conspiracy theories. The Bankers. The "white nationalism". He just didn't have the balls to say Jews. It's all decended down to an ever more base level that I think most of us didn't want to admit existed.
Godwin's law? Not this time.
The truly terrifying part? The cheering numbers at this man's rallies. The astounding *number* of them. Most of us were perhaps starting to think they were only a small minority, but are they? No, they were merely driven under ground, their reprehensible behavior no longer socially acceptable. Now they've emerged, amid complaints of "political correctness". This kind of thing never really goes away, it just hides for awhile for some of us. Those of us privileged enough to not observe it on a daily basis, or ignore the pleas of those of us that do see this kind of thing, day in day out.
We need to drive this down and do it resoundingly. We need to remember that it never really is defeated. We must remain vigilant lest it rear it's ugly, ugly head yet again. We have to listen to those of us that ask for our help in confronting it. We have to be brave enough to face our own fragile ego, swallow our pride and admit that if we're not helping to find solutions, if we can't exercise our empathy and understanding, then we're part of the problem.

I think it's the part I bolded; I think the reasons are partisan. Nate Silver's site fivethirtyeight has an article to this effect.

I like this guy's take on it.

Team Because vs. Team Despite

My framework for viewing Donald Trump’s campaign in the 2016 general election involves seeing his supporters in two distinct groups: Despite and Because.

Some people are still supporting Trump despite all the awful things he has said and done....

Trump won those primaries without the help of Team Despite because he had the unwavering allegiance of Team Because. These are the folks who look at that whole long list above and love every bit of it.

Trump is reminding me of how Jim Jones sounded during his White Nights speeches in Jonestown. He's got the same paranoia and incoherence. Good thing Trump is so cheap or he would be giving out the Flavor Aid by now.

Back
Top Bottom