• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

TV reporter quits on air: "Fuck it, I quit."

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
I guess some talking heads care about other things besides being talking heads.

'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion

KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quit her job on live TV last night, outing herself as the owner of an Alaskan cannabis club and declaring "f*ck it".

Having grown weary of reporting the news, Green told viewers she would be instead putting all her energy into the fight to legalise marijuana in the state, previously having reported on Alaska Cannabis Club without mentioning her connection to it.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Baq-hotpc[/YOUTUBE]

I noticed a bit of Sara Palin accent in her.
So annoying accent Palin has is actually Alaskan accent?

Minnesota actually (watch Fargo, ya betcha), but there were many immigrants from Minnesota that came to Alaska for some reason.

As to the reporter:
burning-bridge.jpg

She's hot though (pun intended).

Last edited:
Fargo doesn't really depict Minnesota accents but rather a caricature of Minnesota accents. Palin's accent is also not Minnesotan.
The Cohen's do tend to distort the demography in some of their movies. I never noticed Palin to have an accent. I hear a more tolerable version of Eleanor Clift in her voice.

I guess when you know you're not needing a job reference, fuck it is the next thought that comes to mind.

It is, but it's only found in Palmer-Wasilla area. During the Great Depression a lot of Midwesterners moved there to join the Matanuska Valley Colony. Most of the farms failed within the first 5 years but a few families persevered and founded Alaska's most productive agricultural region.

There are a lot of different Midwestern regions and different accents, even within states, especially differing from south to north within a state and between lower Midwest vs upper Midwest. Northern OH, IN, IL sounds different than the southern parts of those states, for example. There is a distinct difference between the iron range in MN vs bluff country or western plains, just as people from the UP sound different than those from lower MI. Generally, accents are more similar across the same latitudes. There is also a difference in urban vs rural. Education tends to flatten out accents. I notice a difference between older generations with stronger accents vs young adults/kids having a less pronounced accent. All very generalized--lots of exceptions.

Oil and Cannabis? Haven't Alaskans heard of the relationship between oil ans water? Well, I guess they have now.

Dude, our Supreme Court recognized our right to smoke pot like, back in the 70s.

I saw you guys turn on your lava lamps when I visited Seattle. Far out, tubular, out of sight, and way. So, yeah dude, I know you've got the right to smoke pot. Apparently it reduces your need to go outside and get frostbitten.

There are a lot of different Midwestern regions and different accents, even within states, especially differing from south to north within a state and between lower Midwest vs upper Midwest. Northern OH, IN, IL sounds different than the southern parts of those states, for example. There is a distinct difference between the iron range in MN vs bluff country or western plains, just as people from the UP sound different than those from lower MI. Generally, accents are more similar across the same latitudes. There is also a difference in urban vs rural. Education tends to flatten out accents. I notice a difference between older generations with stronger accents vs young adults/kids having a less pronounced accent. All very generalized--lots of exceptions.

all, aul, awl, oil, earl, and all the rest, eh. I'm a lad born and raised in the northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming - how Wyoming made the cut and Alaska didn't is a matter of humidity) who knows how to say argon and wasrshinton among many other midwestern afflictions - those damn Scandinavians were at the bottom of that too (not complaining since I'm one'r them too) - so that yano.

BTW: shouldn't you be doing something useful like herding Caribou or Moose or something else with cloven feet.

I thought the apology was cute! Yoohoo FCC...how fucking stooped are you? Why we have these silly rules beats me. It beat George Carlin too. More than Marijuana laws need to be reformed.

I thought the apology was cute! Yoohoo FCC...how fucking stooped are you? Why we have these silly rules beats me. It beat George Carlin too. More than Marijuana laws need to be reformed.

Well. I'm not gonna.

So there I am with my wife at Bill's trailer with his wife Diana and another lab mate Bill and his friend Yoda (1976 yano). Just sat down took a toke and spent the rest of the evening sitting there........

Back
Top Bottom