• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

U.F.C

Its real but obviously people can cheat and intentionally lose. That can happen in any sport though. MMA in Japan was notorious for having worked fights. It should be obvious to anyone that its not fake like professional wrestling.

Its real but obviously people can cheat and intentionally lose. That can happen in any sport though. MMA in Japan was notorious for having worked fights. It should be obvious to anyone that its not fake like professional wrestling.

I think the UFC gets around a lot of this by paying incentives to both fighters in a match for putting on a good fight (fight of the night, best KO, best submission), rather than simply awarding a larger purse to the winning fighter. I won't say for certain that no UFC fight has ever been fixed, but I have never seen one that seemed like it was. Officiating might be one way that UFC fights could be fixed, as the refs are giving a lot of leeway on when and why a fight is stopped. I have seen some questionable decisions in that regard, but have never heard of any scandals involving the referees in the UFC either.

Dana White always complains about certain referees and says he's powerless to do anything the Nevada athletic board is in charge of them. In UFC 6 Taktarov vs Macias was fixed. Most people wouldn't even see it but if you knew the fighters histories and styles it becomes obvious. Oleg the winner of the bout didn't even know until afterwards and you can tell he was angry. Even the announcers voiced their doubts about Macias giving his honest best.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aof1TG-o_gs[/YOUTUBE]

Back
Top Bottom