• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ukraine Trying to Liberate Itself from Itself

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
Separatists in eastern Ukraine on Tuesday proclaimed a new state that aspires to include not only the areas they control but also the rest of the country.

Most of the areas which are currently part of Ukraine were referred to as Malorossiya, or Little Russia, when they were part of the Russian Empire.

Zakharchenko said they are drawing up a constitution that would be put up to a popular vote.
"We believe that the Ukrainian state as it was cannot be restored," Zakharchenko said in remarks carried by the Tass news agency. "We, representatives of the regions of the former Ukraine, excluding Crimea, proclaim the creation of a new state which is a successor to Ukraine."
We were told that Ukraine stole Crimea... and now we see that the rebels aren't trying to secede Eastern Ukraine, but perform a roundabout coup and take over Ukraine and rebrand it as a lovey dovey Russia lovin' Republic.

Yeah, seems ridiculous. But consensus of analysts on the ground is that this is a cry for help. I mean nothing is happening in terms of resolving the situation. So "separatists" reminded of themselves to Europe mostly.

Hopefully a new Ukraine that is 100% ethnic Ukrainian will be made.

That's better.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, seems ridiculous. But consensus of analysts on the ground is that this a cry for help. I mean nothing is happening in terms of resolving the situation.
Well, seeing that Russia wants to re-annex Ukraine, I would assume that would be the case until they re-annex Ukraine... or at least reestablish it as a Russian satellite.

That's better.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, seems ridiculous. But consensus of analysts on the ground is that this a cry for help. I mean nothing is happening in terms of resolving the situation.
Well, seeing that Russia wants to re-annex Ukraine, I would assume that would be the case until they re-annex Ukraine... or at least reestablish it as a Russian satellite.
The sad truth is that nobody wants or able to afford Ukraine, not EU, not Russia, hence this cry for help.

The usual scenario:

Russia installs a puppet "government" and then it asks for help to liberate the rest of the country.

That's better.

- - - Updated - - -

The sad truth is that nobody wants or able to afford Ukraine, not EU, not Russia, hence this cry for help.
Baby, why do you keep making me want to shell you?

Yeah, the power plays in the Ukraine really suck for the people there. At least they are luckier than the reverse imaged Yemeni fiasco where the US is helping SA reestablish Yemen as a Saudi satellite.

Hopefully a new Ukraine that is 100% ethnic Ukrainian will be made.

Wait, what?

That's better.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, thats why they never invaded Crimea and have nothing to do with this current nonsense. As for Jimmy Making fun of you... it's because you're being ridiculous again.

Yeah, the power plays in the Ukraine really suck for the people there. At least they are luckier than the reverse imaged Yemeni fiasco where the US is helping SA reestablish Yemen as a Saudi satellite.

If all you've got is "other people do bad things to" then you're on the side of the oppressors. Particularly when you say that "power plays" "really suck" instead of 'ongoing war for 3 years that appears to be escalating' as a way to describe the war of aggression into The Ukraine by Russia.

If all you've got is "other people do bad things to" then you're on the side of the oppressors.
I'm only 'on the side of the oppressors' to those who have some very big blinders on. I think Russia is an aggressor there, and behaves boorishly. I was making the point that the US isn't a white knight, and when it decided its in its political interests, it will also do similar ugly shit. Russia pretends that it isn't involved in destabilizing eastern Ukraine, and the US doesn't even have to pretend...

Particularly when you say that "power plays" "really suck" instead of 'ongoing war for 3 years that appears to be escalating' as a way to describe the war of aggression into The Ukraine by Russia.
So I guess I should infer that you are on the side of the oppressors of the Yemeni, as you said nothing about the ever increasing devastation wrought upon them with now over 10,000 civilians dead and millions are at risk of disease and starvation by Saudi Arabia with US support and weapons? Seems like a stupid argument to me...but I guess that is how it works for some...

If all you've got is "other people do bad things to" then you're on the side of the oppressors.
I'm only 'on the side of the oppressors' to those who have some very big blinders on. I think Russia is an aggressor there, and behaves boorishly. I was making the point that the US isn't a white knight, and when it decided its in its political interests, it will also do similar ugly shit. Russia pretends that it isn't involved in destabilizing eastern Ukraine, and the US doesn't even have to pretend...

Particularly when you say that "power plays" "really suck" instead of 'ongoing war for 3 years that appears to be escalating' as a way to describe the war of aggression into The Ukraine by Russia.
So I guess I should infer that you are on the side of the oppressors of the Yemeni, as you said nothing about the ever increasing devastation wrought upon them with now over 10,000 civilians dead and millions are at risk of disease and starvation by Saudi Arabia with US support and weapons? Seems like a stupid argument to me...but I guess that is how it works for some...

Make a thread on it and I'll give you my thoughts? But don't try to defend Whataboutism through pathos, please.

Why are you looking away from this? Don't look away from Russia's crimes because America has done bad things, too. Make a thread about it if its something you'd think is worth discussing, but to bring it up to distract shows me you aren't serious.

Make a thread on it and I'll give you my thoughts?
Don't need to make a thread, it already has a thread that is only a month old...
https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?11300-Genocide-in-Yemen-supported-by-U-S-and-U-K

But don't try to defend Whataboutism through pathos, please.

Why are you looking away from this?
I see you do like to project....

Wait, what?

That's better.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, thats why they never invaded Crimea and have nothing to do with this current nonsense. As for Jimmy Making fun of you... it's because you're being ridiculous again.
After US installed openly anti-russian puppet regime in Ukraine.

Wait, what?

That's better.

- - - Updated - - -

It is too bad that guy Putin tried to have murdered didn't die.

Wait, what?

That's better.

- - - Updated - - -

It is too bad that guy Putin tried to have murdered didn't die.

what are talking about?

Don't need to make a thread, it already has a thread that is only a month old...
https://talkfreethought.org/showthre...by-U-S-and-U-K

Which hasn't been responded to in a month so I didn't see it. I just read through it and... yeah. It's bad. Your post, 21, was accurate, but otherwise... what am I supposed to take away from this? Should I ignore Russia? I'm not going to do that.
you said:
me said:
But don't try to defend Whataboutism through pathos, please.

Why are you looking away from this?
I see you do like to project....

Hrmm, fail.

This bit here "So I guess I should infer that you are on the side of the oppressors of the Yemeni, as you said nothing about the ever increasing devastation wrought upon them with now over 10,000 civilians dead and millions are at risk of disease and starvation by Saudi Arabia with US support and weapons? Seems like a stupid argument to me...but I guess that is how it works for some." is clearly pathos.

You also, for some reason, snipped my quote. Clearly intentional. One wonders why.

US didn't install anything. Ukrainians just kicked out the pro-russian puppet and now there is an understandable blowback from Russian meddling.

Back
Top Bottom