• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Urine-Proof Paint Returns Fire On Peeing Perps

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...acfe4b0074ba5a4c53d?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

In the hot, sticky summers of many of America's cities, the smell of urine can be all too familiar.
San Francisco is peeing back at public urinators by painting its walls with UV-coated, urine-repellent paint, local TV station KPIX reports. The paint is so hydrophobic that it keeps the wall clean and sprays urine right back at offenders.
“We are piloting it to see if we can discourage people from peeing at many of our hot spots,” Public Works Director Mohammed Nuru told SFGate. “Nobody wants to smell urine. We are trying different things to try to make San Francisco smell nice and look beautiful.

55b3be981700002600565646.gif

So, Mr. Kytle was wrong. Angle of incidence has nothing to do with the angle of reflection, it's in the paint you use.

This is propaganda from some paint manufacturer.

This will not stop anyone from urinating in public.

It will cause many to redirect their stream.

I can't see anyone starting to pee, and then stopping, only to go elsewhere.

I also can't see many people recognising the paint before they decide.

I can't see anyone starting to pee, and then stopping, only to go elsewhere.

I also can't see many people recognising the paint before they decide.

I think the idea is that they don't recognize it, they just learn that peeing in public sometimes means peeing on themselves.

they just learn that peeing in public sometimes means peeing on themselves.
I couldn't begin to count the number of sailors I served with who learned that 'drinking in public' sometimes meant peeing on yourself. And they still did it....

Maybe this is another attempt to keep kids from peeing where they're not supposed to by spreading propaganda and lies. Like the one about the secret chemicals in swimming pools that react with urine and turn your swimsuit puke green when you pee in the pool.

You guys did know that was bogus, right?

Of course, the simple, old-fashioned solution of providing public toilets cannot even be considered.

Banning public toilets has, thankfully, ended drug use and homosexuality once and for all. Cities that reek of urine are a small price to pay.

I have a brother in law who was born and raised in New Orleans. For him, Mardi Gras is a five day party, which consists of walking the streets for about 16 hours a day, drinking the entire time. His best bud is married to a nurse. One day she brought home a box of external male catheter kits. These things look like a condom with a hose attached to the tip. They are normally held in place with adhesive tape, which requires shaving the groin. Her idea was for the guys to put on the kit and run the hose down to the instep of their shoe. They could simply stand over a storm drain and let it go.

We'll never know if it worked. They refused to consider the idea. She couldn't understand why.

I knew the reason. It's very difficult to get a blow job with one of these things in place. I didn't mention that.

Of course, the simple, old-fashioned solution of providing public toilets cannot even be considered.

Banning public toilets has, thankfully, ended drug use and homosexuality once and for all. Cities that reek of urine are a small price to pay.

Yeah, get rid of public toilets and you will have public pissers.

Male pissers can be addressed by three-sided urinals. No privacy for the druggie but enough for a guy to take a leak. That would never fly here in the US due to equality laws, though--no providing male toilets and not female toilets.

I have a brother in law who was born and raised in New Orleans. For him, Mardi Gras is a five day party, which consists of walking the streets for about 16 hours a day, drinking the entire time. His best bud is married to a nurse. One day she brought home a box of external male catheter kits. These things look like a condom with a hose attached to the tip. They are normally held in place with adhesive tape, which requires shaving the groin. Her idea was for the guys to put on the kit and run the hose down to the instep of their shoe. They could simply stand over a storm drain and let it go.

We'll never know if it worked. They refused to consider the idea. She couldn't understand why.

I knew the reason. It's very difficult to get a blow job with one of these things in place. I didn't mention that.

Requires shaving? I've heard of condom catheters, my impression was that they are simply rolled on, no shaving, no tape. My impression is that the sizing is precise, though--not one size fits all. I've had no reason to look into details, though.

Requires shaving? I've heard of condom catheters, my impression was that they are simply rolled on, no shaving, no tape. My impression is that the sizing is precise, though--not one size fits all. I've had no reason to look into details, though.

They are intended for the bedridden. It's different when the patient is ambulatory. There's no way one is staying while he walks.

A man and a woman are getting drunk in a bar and arguing over which is better, women or men. Finally, the woman says, "I bet I can piss higher up on a wall than you can."
The man, seeing he can't lose, takes her bet.
They go outside to the alley. The woman hikes up her skirt, bends over and pees on the wall about 3 feet up. She is proud of it and offers the man his chance.
He unzips his pants and begins aiming when the woman says, "Nope. No hands!"

They are intended for the bedridden. It's different when the patient is ambulatory. There's no way one is staying while he walks.

I sure thought they were for the ambulatory. I guess I misunderstood.

I sure thought they were for the ambulatory. I guess I misunderstood.

I don't really get it, myself. If a guy can walk, he should be able to piss without hardware.

I don't really get it, myself. If a guy can walk, he should be able to piss without hardware.
But with this, he could piss in the middle of the street without having to go down an alley and get mugged in the dark.

That was the original idea, but the person who thought of this plan, had no practical experience of the experience.

Back
Top Bottom