• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

USPS as a voter bloc

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Does trump think all the 850,000 or sk postal workers and their families are democratic party voters?

Does trump think all the 850,000 or sk postal workers and their families are democratic party voters?

USPS diversity efforts have been a net benefit for blacks:
African-American Postal Workers in the 20th Century

In the early 20th century many African Americans found steady, valuable jobs in urban Post Offices, but little room for advancement. Despite discriminatory employment practices, the Post Office Department was a rare avenue of opportunity for African Americans – postal jobs were coveted positions that helped lead to the emergence of a black middle class.

A new era of opportunity for African-American workers began in the 1940s, when U.S. Presidents – spurred on both by civil rights organizations and war-time necessity – began using their powers of office to encourage equal opportunity in the workplace. In the 1960s the number of African-American employees promoted to supervisory positions grew exponentially, and African Americans were appointed as postmasters of the nation’s three largest Post Offices – New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. By the end of the 20th century African Americans comprised 21 percent of all postal employees, serving at all levels of the Postal Service.

Undoubtedly, this is part of the reason our Racist in Chief wants to do away with the USPS.

I think he has convinced a majority of Republicans that voting by mail will result in fraud. It's now predicted that the majority of those who will. use mail in ballots will be Democrats. I just linked an article to the other thread about mail in voting that just came out. It's about a warning that the Postal Service has just given to 46 states saying that mail in ballots may not be delivered in time for the election. If I get my ballot as expected, I will put it in the box next to the place where we do early voting. If I don't get it, I will mask up and vote during early voting. Still, this election is going to be a nightmare!

The GOP has had a decades-long hard-on for attacking the post office because it has (I think) the largest union of govt. employees. They'd flat out love to get rid of that union.

The GOP has had a decades-long hard-on for attacking the post office because it has (I think) the largest union of govt. employees. They'd flat out love to get rid of that union.

I have to wonder why they're under the Executive Branch.
For that matter, the DOJ shouldn't be there either.

I think he has convinced a majority of Republicans that voting by mail will result in fraud. It's now predicted that the majority of those who will. use mail in ballots will be Democrats. I just linked an article to the other thread about mail in voting that just came out. It's about a warning that the Postal Service has just given to 46 states saying that mail in ballots may not be delivered in time for the election. If I get my ballot as expected, I will put it in the box next to the place where we do early voting. If I don't get it, I will mask up and vote during early voting. Still, this election is going to be a nightmare!

I'd rather chance infection than vote by mail. Making sure my vote counts means that much to me. Lord know what forms of dickery DeJoy has in store as November draws near.

I'd rather chance infection than vote by mail. Making sure my vote counts means that much to me. Lord know what forms of dickery DeJoy has in store as November draws near.

If you want to actually know if your vote was counted, then you must vote by mail. Doing that gives you a tracking number you can verify the status of your ballot. You can't do that if you walk into a voting machine and pull a lever and walk away with nothing.

The US Postal service, every single year, delivers 15 billion pieces of mail just between Thanksgiving and New Years eve.. .that includes 850 million packages.
I think they can handle less than 350 million ballots in about as much time.. fucking obviously.

https://about.usps.com/news/state-releases/la/2017/la_2017_1101.htm

Oh, the USPS could handle it all right. But reduced personnel and absent sorting machines (in swing States where postmark dates don't count), the extra few days to deliver is likely to disqualify a few million strategically targeted votes.

I think he has convinced a majority of Republicans that voting by mail will result in fraud.

I think he has convinced most of them that voting at all will result in fraud. The Demonkratz have already rigged the election, regardless of the outcome.

Trump/Republican voters skew toward the less educated and rural, so I think finding a post office/dropbox in a nearby "white" rural town would be even better than a rich white neighborhood. Those are the least likely places to have USPS suppressed votes. ... Unless you can find a neighborhood that is REALLY rich.

Don't most states have boxes set up by the voting precinct, where you can drop your ballot. That's what we have in Georgia, and the one I plan on using is already in place. Assuming I get my absentee ballot, I plan to drop it in the box outside the place where we early vote. That way, I don't have to worry about the mail.

If you want to actually know if your vote was counted, then you must vote by mail. Doing that gives you a tracking number you can verify the status of your ballot. You can't do that if you walk into a voting machine and pull a lever and walk away with nothing.

All our Ohio machines have paper backup. Most do now throughout the US. By using the machines, I'm removing a number of humans from the process, one of which is named DeJoy.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/election-security-americas-voting-machines/

Don't most states have boxes set up by the voting precinct, where you can drop your ballot. That's what we have in Georgia, and the one I plan on using is already in place. Assuming I get my absentee ballot, I plan to drop it in the box outside the place where we early vote. That way, I don't have to worry about the mail.

Oh they are trying to get those removed as well.

Trump/Republican voters skew toward the less educated and rural, so I think finding a post office/dropbox in a nearby "white" rural town would be even better than a rich white neighborhood. Those are the least likely places to have USPS suppressed votes. ... Unless you can find a neighborhood that is REALLY rich.

When I saw this, first thing I thought was to mail it from Edina, MN

I really don't think this would work. It would still end up going through the same local post office.

Back
Top Bottom