• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

USPS as a voter bloc

“Storming” apparently means something different to me. Good thing we didn’t storm the beaches at Normandy that way.

Anyway, I don’t usually approve of protests at someone’s house, but this mofo is trying to take away the right to vote from millions of people, so send him a message every night.

That was my thought. Laying siege is outside, storming (as in beaches or battlements) is occupying.

Does trump think all the 850,000 or sk postal workers and their families are democratic party voters?

USPS diversity efforts have been a net benefit for blacks:
African-American Postal Workers in the 20th Century

In the early 20th century many African Americans found steady, valuable jobs in urban Post Offices, but little room for advancement. Despite discriminatory employment practices, the Post Office Department was a rare avenue of opportunity for African Americans – postal jobs were coveted positions that helped lead to the emergence of a black middle class.

A new era of opportunity for African-American workers began in the 1940s, when U.S. Presidents – spurred on both by civil rights organizations and war-time necessity – began using their powers of office to encourage equal opportunity in the workplace. In the 1960s the number of African-American employees promoted to supervisory positions grew exponentially, and African Americans were appointed as postmasters of the nation’s three largest Post Offices – New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. By the end of the 20th century African Americans comprised 21 percent of all postal employees, serving at all levels of the Postal Service.

Undoubtedly, this is part of the reason our Racist in Chief wants to do away with the USPS.

This is interesting, thanks.

And even with 21% Black employees, I feel that a large percentage of postal employees are conservatives and possible trumpsters. Especially in red districts they will be.

And I don’t think they or their families will be very happy.

I have no idea what the politics are of most postal workers but for years I had one who played Rush Limbaugh loudly as he drove his truck down my street. It was so loud that I could hear it as soon as I stepped outside my door. He retired several years ago and we no longer have the same person delivering our mail. We have different people all the time. Sometimes it's a young black female and sometimes it's an old white guy. The old white guys seems pretty cool, so I doubt he's a conservative, but who knows for sure. It probably has a lot to do with where these people live. The majority of White people in my town are Republicans and the majority of the Black people in my town are Democrats. I know that's not the case everywhere.

I have no idea what the politics are of most postal workers but for years I had one who played Rush Limbaugh loudly as he drove his truck down my street. It was so loud that I could hear it as soon as I stepped outside my door. He retired several years ago and we no longer have the same person delivering our mail. We have different people all the time. Sometimes it's a young black female and sometimes it's an old white guy. The old white guys seems pretty cool, so I doubt he's a conservative, but who knows for sure. It probably has a lot to do with where these people live. The majority of White people in my town are Republicans and the majority of the Black people in my town are Democrats. I know that's not the case everywhere.

Agreed. And every single republican-dominated district (mine, Liz Cheney’s, Mitch McConnell’s) has dozens of postal workers in a town, hundreds in a county, many thousands in a state. The odds of them all being liberals is zero. The odds of them being significantly more liberal than the rest of the area is low. It feels like he is taking a chance at pissing off a lot of otherwise loyal repblicans and all of their families.

There are a lot of areas where the Post Office is even whiter than the general population. And trump is harming those folks.

Trump is harming everyone. Those who don't know it aren't going to suddenly wake up and realize it now.
That is an interesting map though... noting the three "balanced" states, it looks almost random.

[tweet]1295454897689604097[/tweet]

Are we sure Trump passed his cognitive test?

What the hell? Did he really tweet that?!?!

Back
Top Bottom