• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Value from Heidegger's Being and Time

Depends on how you define a conceptual framework. Many of the neurological 'tool's' have been inherited via billions of years of evolution, and in that way a large proportion of our experience is commonly held, but if you define conceptual framework as all that is separate from inherited mechanisms, you can see something completely different.

The man born in the 13th century will see the world in a much different way than if he were born in the 21st century, although neurologically they are essentially the same. That has obvious causes, but the point I make is that 'conceptual framework' is much more interesting when discussed this way. When you're born, the world that you're born into teaches you stuff, and that largely builds your lens.

Depends on how you define a conceptual framework. Many of the neurological 'tool's' have been inherited via billions of years of evolution, and in that way a large proportion of our experience is commonly held, but if you define conceptual framework as all that is separate from inherited mechanisms, you can see something completely different.

The man born in the 13th century will see the world in a much different way than if he were born in the 21st century, although neurologically they are essentially the same. That has obvious causes, but the point I make is that 'conceptual framework' is much more interesting when discussed this way. When you're born, the world that you're born into teaches you stuff, and that largely builds your lens.

I would agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom